Living World Season 3, #5 Flashpoint "Heart of the Volcano"

Rocky.7569

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried to solo this. I have one hand on the space bar to cancel gliding and thus ---go up and down. I have advanced gliding and would normally use my arrow keys to control height but this instance changes gliding control. I have one hand on the space bar and one on the arrow keys then my mouse pointer I use to target the hound corpses disappears. I need 3 hands. I can not taint the corpses fast enough to complete this. I have tried targeting the machine to get a lift right away. So tired spending hours trying to solo this. Any suggestions on how to map the keyboard to help? I am 57 years old and my reflexes are good but not as fast as they were when I was 19. This is insanely difficult for me.

First suggestion: In options, click Snap to Target on ground target skills. (You can also hotkey it to toggle it on and off in case you have some skills you don't want landing at your target's feet, but that's for long term use not for this instance). What this means is that if you hit a skill that drops aoe, it automatically drops it at the feet of your target -- or rather, at the spot those feet were on when you hit the skill. So it's not great against a moving target because you can't lead it. But I know I used it in this instance so it should work on the hounds.

Second: Mouse steer. You have a ton of air space, precision isn't needed. Just hold both mouse buttons down to get forward motion and slide the mouse left and right to steer. Thus you move all your movement to your mouse hand and free your left hand to just hit keys that do things (even better if you have some side buttons, I use a Naga HEX so I also can strafe and backpedal on the mouse). This means you will not be using your mouse pointer to target the hounds because your cursor will be all over the screen. Instead, you can hit tab until you acquire the target you want, or while on the platform with a hound targeted you hit ctrl-T to set target. Then a simple tap of T reacquires that same target if you lose it.

Doing it this way, you set your target, you steer to the orbs, you tap T to acquire the hound, then you hit whatever key fires at it. If you're gaining too much height, tap space bar to drop glider and tap again to resume. (Apologies if I misremember the fight mechanics, haven't done that fight in quite a while, but the basic principles I'm describing work in most cases and are my standard setup. I am 53, also slow of reflexes). I hope that helps for this fight and for others as well.

Archived