Fractal Capacitor New Purpose

Rikimaru.7890

We now have the Mist Trinckets which stats can be reset using the Mist Capacitors. However we do not have any back items that can be reset. Yes I know we have the Blood Ruby Backpack, but it does not have ALL stats available so it's not the same thing. So I was thinking why not have the Fractal Capacitor gain the ability to select any type of stats and make it resettable with the Mist Capacitors. Why this back item? Well because there is no purpose in crafting it more than once.Back in the day when it came out and became the first ascended back item, it was a symbol of status if you crafted it. First of all there was no wardrobe back then so you could not transmute the skin to another back item. Second ascended items would soulbind when equipped, which is in fact the reason why I crafted it once as I had a Beta Fractal Capacitor which I wanted to give another character and upgrading it to the Fractal Capacitor made it account bound again. Oh and there was not ascended salvaging back then so I could only throw it away if I didn't do that.So today there is no reason to make it more than once as the skin can be applied to any back item, and it doesn't gain anything except the new look as the Beta Fractal Capacitor already has 2 infusion slots. And while it did gain a new purpose as a collection item for Ad Infinitum III it still only makes it worth crafting once.And it is expensive enough to be worth such treatment. For those who don't know I will explain how it works:

• First you buy a Prototype Fractal Capacitor (Exotic) for 1350 Fractal Relics
  • Next you upgrade it to a Prototype Fractal Capacitor (Ascended) using a Gift of Ascension, a Vial of Condensed Mists Essence and Mystic Crystals or Philosopher's Stones
  • Then to turn it into a Beta Fractal Capacitor, which gives it a 2nd infusion slot, you use another Gift of Ascension, a Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence and 250 Globs of Ectoplasm
  • Finally to give it it's glowing effect i.e. turn it into the Fractal Capacitor you use again a Gift of Ascension, a Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence and another 250 Globs of Ectoplasm, but of course this last step only gives a different look nothing else

So cost wise it's even more expensive to make than any of the Mist Trinckets, they each cost 100 Pristine Fractal Relics which it equivalent to 1500 Fractal relics and the Fractal Capacitor requires 2850 in total to make (each Gift of Ascension costs 500 to buy) and that's not including the 2 stacks of ecto you need to waste on it.And I know that PvP and WvW also can buy the Mist Trinckets with their currencies, but if this were implemented then they would probably gain their own unique back items that cost about as much and can also be reset.

Archived