[EU] Where to start, who to pair?

Vermite.4967

Hello,I would like to ask, as a new player to this game, which server/realm (whatever you name it) is in your opinion to attach to.

Population: ?PVP results: ?

YES I know about megaserver thing, but when it comes to pvp only ppl from my specified server are gonna be my team (desolation vs gandara vs whiteside for ex?).Unless I understood it wrong and WvW means Europe vs America. But I don't think so.

Again, which is the best choice to play along during this wvw thing? Gandara? Desolace?YES*2, I've seen https://wvwstats.com/eu, but these numbers mean little to me. What is 'best' in terms of population, pvp efficiency etc?

thanks in advance

The problem is, the best in population is not always the best WvW server, and things can change fast when a lot of players hop servers.Deso right now is pretty high, but they have a good link in AG. WSR is stacked for WvW, but that means ques and lots of blobbing. I am not sure if they have a lot of open coms running. Gandara is in a bad state right now, no organisation of big groups, just a bunch of players dropped together with 50% rangers sometimes :)Perhaps a linked server is a good option? It can mean you have a bad matchup, but at least it is cheap to transfer to, if you are not on one already.

I wouldn't recommend Desolation or AG, or WSR/vabbi even, unless you are willing to join our discord or teamspeak and try to improve as a team player.

Don't be like those pugs looking for easy loot or pips. Try to help your commander and get organized, be a part of that community, especially if you want to join any open tags, who are looking for fights.

We have enough pugs waiting around EBG and elsewhere, looking for tags and ktrains at night.

Most servers have discords and if youre using one while following a commander, you are helping out yourself and the entire group itself whose with the comm.

The server choice also depends on what you want and im also assuming you want to join a guild at some point?

If you want to 1 push enemies and get carried by veterans then WSR or RoS is an option but overall you wont learn nothing from there, unless you join a specific raiding guild.

If you want something that doesnt involve 1 pushing and is on a medium-balance on fighting scale then Deso, AG or Piken is for you.

In terms of organizing fights currently the worst servers are Gandara, SFR and GH due to lack of comms (or very unexperienced commanders) or/and the servers population refusing to do teamwork with commanders tagging up.

If you've found a website like WvW-stats you should take the time to study and learn it.

• There are several servers who are not listed in the top 15

• They become supporting servers to one of those 15 main servers

• The supporting servers are also the cheapest to transfer to

• Thus guilds who get bored with existing content tend to transfer to those servers

• The guilds that transfer usually are the commanders for their servers

• If the commanders are not in those guilds they tend to like to lead those players

• Thus the commanders of a given server tend to transfer to supporting servers

• As random players see their guilds and commanders go they tend to follow

• Every two months Anet casts a dice and combines main and supporting servers

• While they try to match things up, the amount of uncontrolled transfers make it a dice throw

• Many times new superbly strong server combinations pop up and that can cause transfers (different reasons)

• The stacked supporting servers tend to make their pair climb the upper half towards T1

• After one cycle the supporting server (now stacked) tend to become a main server

• Then it either starts climbing from the middle or so again towards T2/T1 or is transfered off

• These things combine to affect the up-down motion on the table

• Some servers climb and pushes other servers down, as intended and visible on the table

• However some servers are in free-fall as they are transfered off, that is not as visible on the table

• So for example RoS is a climbing server (that has gone through the support-to-main motion)

• As Arctis said, Gandara is an example of a declining server, having lost almost all its guilds

• At the same time they are an interesting phenomenon as much of their old school structure is still intact

• That makes them have alot of roamers (that can cloud and back-cap) and alot of alt-accounts (that give rare but good squads)

This is pretty much the core of the bi-monthly cycle, while there are, of course, alot more exceptions than that listed at the end.

I wouldn't join Whiteside Ridge or Ruins of Surmia as a new player, you won't have a good time and be called a rally bot most of the time.

Start somewhere a bit more chilled out and friendly to new people like Piken Square, Desolation or if your native language is French or German Jade Sea or Kodash.

@Arctisavange.7261 said:In terms of organizing fights currently the worst servers are Gandara, SFR and GH due to lack of comms (or very unexperienced commanders) or/and the servers population refusing to do teamwork with commanders tagging up.

Uhm hallo purr! Please atleast stop the... about sfr. tbf you get pushed by all blobs. As bez said! Same counts for SFR. Although we are low populated atm we certainly win fights 2 :) and ofc it needs some tweaks still. Sfr does teamwork. Maybe people don't follow u to much of the rage and bad pushes look on urself first than orthers. And i don't say we are the best server but to say orther servers are shit is a bit weak. It always matters about teamwork as you mentioned. Than show it. Commanding is also about social behavior. Flanking (strategy). I won't say i am the best example. But try to work on that and listen to feedback than you can manage it :) Goodluck

@apharma.3741 said:I wouldn't join Whiteside Ridge or Ruins of Surmia as a new player, you won't have a good time and be called a rally bot most of the time.

Start somewhere a bit more chilled out and friendly to new people like Piken Square, Desolation or if your native language is French or German Jade Sea or Kodash.

Piken or Gankdara would be more chilled, maybe SFR too, although they probably do have a few fight oriented squads on there.

@"i go own the nation.3714" said:

@Arctisavange.7261 said:In terms of organizing fights currently the worst servers are Gandara, SFR and GH due to lack of comms (or very unexperienced commanders) or/and the servers population refusing to do teamwork with commanders tagging up.

Uhm hallo purr! Please atleast stop the... about sfr. tbf you get pushed by all blobs. As bez said! Same counts for SFR. Although we are low populated atm we certainly win fights 2 :) and ofc it needs some tweaks still. Sfr does teamwork. Maybe people don't follow u to much of the rage and bad pushes look on urself first than orthers. And i don't say we are the best server but to say orther servers are kitten is a bit weak. It always matters about teamwork as you mentioned. Than show it. Commanding is also about social behavior. Flanking (strategy). I won't say i am the best example. But try to work on that and listen to feedback than you can manage it :) Goodluck

Oh last time i fought SFR you guys got 1 pushed every day, including the half a dozen times i flipped your T3 garrison and wiped any blob that bothered to show up, including cocky riay. Buts its cool man as the numbers excuse is quite common from your side.The only thing that has going for SFR is PA guild. Bless their heart for liking hardcore challenges in a dysfunctional community.

Anyway leaving the salty twat aside:

There are all type of servers but i do highly recommend that you find something that is on a medium scale - somewhere where you dont 1 push every fight, where people are willing to join discord and to teamwork.WvW is a team game and if you have a community where a truck load of people do not join voice to help any commander then more then likely theres a lot of failure involved (unless that server is fighting even more dead servers that have even more poor teamwork)

A good tip to you also is that the server population doesnt all the time reflect that the community is supportive. Furthermore in a server where theres always issues on getting people into voice and where you see a lot of people every day always trying their best to draw in people but without results - that isnt a server that has teamwork.

So take a look around and if the server you end up is something you dont like, go somewhere new as there can always be other places that suit you far more better then the current one.

So, once again you feel the need to make it personal, Purr.You call me "cocky" in context of commanding, but fact is I always stated I was lacking a lot still as commander, that I was learning, but that I wanted to put in effort to help out the community with low number of public commanders at that time. But unlike you, I DID run with the best in the past and hence I DO know how much I am lacking in that regard. And unlike you, I do know how to count.You keep opening that crack of yours about people being uncooperative, not organised, not being a community, yet you were the one who disregarded any and all community-organisation and actively disrespected it, who refused to use community TS/Discord for public squads and called everyone and their mothers scrubs who made you lose fights. You were basically only looking for ways to stroke your own appendix. Not going to judge those that do kneel in front of you and make you® content, but that is not how a servercommunity works.Keep wrecking yourself Purr.

SFR has several active guilds, indeed including [PA], which all provide public tags. At the moment, the public squads they make often do have numbers, do have people on voicecomms (SFR has both a community Teamspeak and a Discord) and often run decent compositions. People could always join the winning team, but I often enjoyed being on the team that tries to become the winning team and have fun along the road. Especially when effort by people seem to pay off and improvement in all aspects is seen every week.

Archived