So When's The Thief / Scourge Nerf

Noe.8032

Scourge is obvious first off, they spawn massive AOEs constantly that inflict massive amounts of damage. They win, they just win. I've never won a match that had at least one Scourge on the enemy team, because they win almost every team fight and fight in general because their abilities are so fundamentally overpowered. Stacking six or more conditions in under three seconds, yeah seems fair.

Thief are the other hand, honestly it's probably the most meta-benefited class in the game and it's been like that for awhile. Regular thieves are eh, but experienced thieves that have the most l33t set up are borderline unkillable and It's been like this for at least a year or more.

Deadeye is boring, it's literally the FPS sniper class. Picking players off while way out of reach, but as obnoxious as it is at least it doesn't show up often. Daredevil however, dodge spam. The right setup can allow Daredevils to perpetually dodge, while still dealing damage, over and over and over. The most meta one I've seen, beat me and my teammate at once and we never got their health below 70% because they were consistently invincible while warping around us and dealing massive amounts of damage. Even vanilla thief, the right setup can allow them to just teleport ontop of the player, disable them, and then just crit endlessly until they die all without you even being able to see them coming. Other thieves can just perpetually teleport out of your reach while still shooting at you, and you just can't hit them because they have full control of the distance and they're invisible half the time anyways. They could have 2k health, and most meta thieves still wouldn't lose because they're so fundamentally difficult to hit at all that it seriously doesn't matter how much health they have. With my build as a mesmer, I consistently can match up against 1v2s simply because I deal so much burst and splash damage that fighting more then one opponent isn't a huge difference. With this build, I still can't land hits on distance thieves because they're literally just never within range of any of my attacks because they have so much movement control.

Like, it's just the most broken competitive class in the damn game but because the broke only shows up rarely nothing has been done about it. I've seen powerful builds on lots of other classes that made them strong, but Thief is just the one that can literally become unstoppable with the right build. And up until recently, there used to be at least one or two thieves on every team and even now they still show up very consistently because they're just superior to virtually every class when being used by a player that knows that exact setup required for it. And they're just this roaming hazard that wins every 1v1 and 1v2 and if they get close to losing they can just warp away.

I'm incredibly bored of it honestly, one out of every 10 or so games has this player in it that no body can kill because they're a thief with the most l33t strats this side of the planet and that's just it. No other class I've seen has been so ridiculously overpowered when it's being used by an experienced player, because meta thieves have massive damage while maintaining absurd amounts of evasion, stealth and agility. Christ, I would expect a class that hard to hit would be one with moderate to low damage to balance how little damage they recieve; but no with thieves it's the opposite. No matter what build or class I use, and no matter what build or class I see my teammates using, they always lose to meta thieves and I'm genuinely sick of having to suffer it because it seems to fly under the nerf radar.

@OriOri.8724 said:Core thief is more or less fine. DD is still annoying, because I think it was a very poor choice to overload their dodges like Anet did, and then also grant 50 extra base endurance on top of ridiculous endurance regen (of which thief already had a decent amount in core thief).

It's funny when people are complaining still of DrD Endurance regen and Dodge when almost every Balance patch before PoF they received large nerfs to their Endurance Regen, but I guess there will always be players that cry foul when they have trouble instead of learning to be better at fighting something that has been toned down a lot.

@OriOri.8724 said:Core thief is more or less fine. DD is still annoying, because I think it was a very poor choice to overload their dodges like Anet did, and then also grant 50 extra base endurance on top of ridiculous endurance regen (of which thief already had a decent amount in core thief).

Actually they destroyed core thief's endurance regen by removing feline grace from acrobatics in order to bring in daredevil, because they wanted the elite spec to focus on dodging which meant they had to rework acrobatics in order to set daredevil apart from core thief more, instead of doing what they did for every other class, which was work the new trait line to be different from what's already there (on top of good reworks to every other trait line anyway). It felt like a complete and utter scam to have to "buy back" that play style. It forced core-thief to need agility signet, which then got nerfed anyway because daredevil build was running it for more dodges than they needed. In fact, daredevil right after HoT launch, without agility signet, has the same endurance recovery as a daredevil today with the signet. Acrobatics was dead for years, and the only reason it has become an option recently is because of the buff to swindler's equilibrium, which has nothing to do with endurance regen.

The class that actually has the highest endurance regen potential right now, is warrior. With might on greatsword critical hits, might when blocking an attack, might on dagger auto (new) and sigil of courage for might on hit, with the strength grandmaster trait that gives back endurance (and health) each time you gain might, warrior can literally dodge every 2-3 seconds, and that's not even counting vigor or if they opt for signet of stamina! Oh, and their damaging dodge is core in that same trait line, unlike bound which was rarely seen and largely complained about.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:I don't mind a scourge nerf but I want something in return - a tool for dealing with ranged oppression.As is, scourge is overloaded with AoE death, but at the same time is basically a free kill for deadeyes, longbow rangers and spellbreakers (ok they're not ranged, but an issue too).

it's call CPC mate...

@Impact.2780 said:The class that actually has the highest endurance regen potential right now, is warrior. With might on greatsword critical hits, might when blocking an attack, might on dagger auto (new) and sigil of courage for might on hit, with the strength grandmaster trait that gives back endurance (and health) each time you gain might, warrior can literally dodge every 2-3 seconds, and that's not even counting vigor or if they opt for signet of stamina! Oh, and their damaging dodge is core in that same trait line, unlike bound which was rarely seen and largely complained about.

^This. I got a friend around rank 50 atm, who picked up the class for the first time and were already able to do 1v2 at ease...

Archived