Allow us to do server wide map chats with the enemy servers — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Allow us to do server wide map chats with the enemy servers

EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 17, 2019 in WvW

Will be nice if we can do map chats with our enemy servers.
Warfare should not only be on the ground.
There should be verbal warfare and propaganda allowed too.
There shouldn't be communication silence between enemy servers.
Not realistic.

Alternate account spying and stream sniping is already a thing so nothing much would change there.

Also we could add an option for players to disable this chat if they are really adverse to toxicity and salt. The template is already in the game where you can choose which chats to display. Players who don't like it just choose not to display it.

A Hermit's Tale - To The Edge of the Mists [Link Here]

Allow us to do server wide map chats with the enemy servers 111 votes

Yes, will make the game more well-rounded and fresh
18%
joneirikb.7506Dahir.4158luizplayer.1250linamaria.1830EremiteAngel.9765TheBravery.9615Akrib.4297KrHome.1920SLOTH.5231Malafaia.8903SnowPumpkin.1809Kolisch.4691Astrolicus.3716Widmo.3186gert.7698Arctisavange.7261rng.1024Slanderman.9532penguin.9271Jura.2170 21 votes
No, you must be mad
73%
Aerinndis.2730Tapioca.9062Sciva.4865Blaeys.3102TheGrimm.5624SkyShroud.2865Loosmaster.8263Grandark.8624iwasoncecool.9734Khailyn.6248Stand The Wall.6987Ayrilana.1396Samug.6512Undo.5091Turk.5460cgMatt.5162Mini Crinny.6190xitoriki.9758Blockhead Magee.3092Dawdler.8521 82 votes
Others
7%
Curunen.8729Kylden Ar.3724Jeknar.6184DAN.7314lodjur.1284pointaction.4639DaFishBob.6518RDMR.8612 8 votes

Comments

• DAN.7314DAN.7314 Member ✭✭
    Others

I'd like it for talking to certain people after a good fight. Voted other because the salt would be unreal for some of the toxic players, and there are plenty of them. I can't see it happening, it would be nothing but kitten talk. I'd probably just mute it.

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No, you must be mad

No, with the current system I get salt and spam when I rekt someone who think he has skill.
    Imagine the amount of salt and messages I would get on a daily basis. I rekt about 100+ players daily and about 10 message me with salt!

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

There's already enough of local salt enabling through /t chat - we do not need to enable what would further give people like this a purpose increase their toxicity, especially to unload on opposing servers. This will just further enhance and promote that activity/behaviour. It may be nice for a few people, or maybe even the majority, who knows - but it only takes a few to spoil it for everyone. If you're interested in maybe seeing off topic weird chat and political views (NA in particular lol), this is probably what you'll see too.

• Now that you've brought up chat, I've been wondering- does /s work for the enemies around you? I like to "gg" or ":)" after a good battle, but I don't know if they actually see it.

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

But isn't warfare about toxicity and salt?
    Why are we avoiding it?
    There is this saying that goes: your tears are sweet...

• Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭

Just visit cancer discord and you're good to go. Same basic content that you'd get from mapwide chat, now with 73% more kekbots! :D

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019

If some ppl are really adverse to toxicity and salt, we could add an option to disable that chat for those players.

The template is already in the game where you can choose which chats to display. Players who don't like it just choose not to display it.

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019
    Others

The ammount of salt would be glorious... The chat would be very entertaining but overall I think it would be very very bad since there are a lot of thin skinned carebears who can't take a bit of smack talk.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Soldier (Rank 4900) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭

I'm not against toxicity and salt, just offering up an alternative.
    Also, enable team chat in all zones, not just in WvW.

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019
    Others

@Pax Amantis.3084 said:
    Now that you've brought up chat, I've been wondering- does /s work for the enemies around you? I like to "gg" or ":)" after a good battle, but I don't know if they actually see it.

No, they can't.... Only in sPvP.

@Optimator.3589 said:
    Just visit cancer discord and you're good to go. Same basic content that you'd get from mapwide chat, now with 73% more kekbots! :D

According to some people, the Cancer Discord is the FA kitten discord...

We're all KEKbots now.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Soldier (Rank 4900) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭
    Others

Why not, the mode can't get any worse.

Leader of PvE/WvW Havoc Guild - Tyrian Adventure Corporation [TACO] - Kaineng since the start, and till KN is no more.

Do not fear simplification of the game, there is elegance in simplicity that allows more time for playing and less time building.

• Zajo.5946Zajo.5946 Member ✭✭
    No, you must be mad

I see not reason to add yet another forum for the toxic minority to further spread their behaviour. Cause that is what they are, a minority believing their mindset is part of the majority.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No, you must be mad

The no choice is literally the best description for it. This would be madness. No global chat has ever been good in any game.

• Joshhh.2076Joshhh.2076 Member ✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019
    No, you must be mad

The problem is instead of flame wars between enemy servers/guilds/players, it'd just get filled up with random nonsensical screeching and bad trolling so even the people who want to get invested in "verbal warfare and propaganda", as you put it, would end up muting it.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Why are we avoiding it?

If that's the case, then maybe we should also keep the imbalance and troll builds in the game :D then the tears will truly be sweet

• lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭
    Others

Don't really care, would love if you could see enemy names tho. Also the really annoying kind of toxicity is rarely directed at enemies in games, almost always at your own team. The kind you get from some obsessed person blocking >whispering you is mainly fun

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

• enkidu.5937enkidu.5937 Member ✭✭✭
    No, you must be mad

Can I add a whole server to my blocklist? :#

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019

Great idea! Sharing zerg positions with all servers can't be bad. I mean the game mode is about zerg fights, right? RIGHT?

nextleveltrolling

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭
    No, you must be mad

Chat wars? No thanks.

• The community can't even handle match up conversations in the forums, without devolving into trolling, baiting, and hate-mongering. I can't imagine that ANet would think about this for longer than it takes to read the original post.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2019
    No, you must be mad

@aspirine.6852 said:
    Chat wars? No thanks.

Funny isn't it lol

I could picture all professions getting along-chatting instead of fighting each other- including mesmer and thief

If this ever would be a thing: imagine PvP and WvW turning into a lobby were we all (enemies and friendly server) can share our frustrations and our dissatisfactions with the state and direction of the game including our negative experiences?

Certainly, i would participate

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Others

Maybe an optional joint server channel for map chat only that players can choose to remove from their chat tabs or ignore if not wanting to read?

Never dodge while dazed (EM handicap) | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2019

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    The community can't even handle match up conversations in the forums, without devolving into trolling, baiting, and hate-mongering. I can't imagine that ANet would think about this for longer than it takes to read the original post.

You should've seen the community wvw forum. The stuff around here is comparably tame and quite constructive.

That said, the negatives of cross-team chat outweigh the positives.

~ Kovu

Fort Aspenwood,
    Ranger, Necromancer.

• Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

Probably the best early April Fool's joke thus far. Good job.

• Tiny Doom.4380Tiny Doom.4380 Member ✭✭✭
    No, you must be mad

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Why are we avoiding it?

You do realise this GW2, right? Have you not noticed that even talking politely about other servers in your match is banned on these forums? That the official line promoted by the company that runs the game is "The best community in MMOS"? That every bad word on these forums is replaced automatically with the word "kitten"?

What would make you ever think that this particular game is "about toxicity and salt"? It is and always has been about co-operation and smiles, at least in the official version. WvW doesn't get a pass on the company ethos.

• joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭✭

The easiest way to do this, is create a new chat channel (like /wvw or something) have it disabled by default. So you have to go in and enable it. 99% of players would never even know it existed.

The positive part of this ? It might actually make a couple of the people that usually hate whisper try to use this channel instead, perhaps believing that everyone else playing WvW would be engaged enough to enable it. Which overall would result in less hate whispers to people not interested in seeing them. Obviously anyone that wants to get hate whispers is going to have /wvw enabled anyways, so as to not lose any salt.

Regarding spying, honestly it wouldn't do a single thing to change that.

• Currently anyone can make a free account level it up to the proper level, and go into wvw and sit there an spy. Grab a guild invite from your guild or just whisper info/messages/activate tactivators etc.
    • The only change is that now they could announce this in /wvw chat instead of through their own guild chat or whisper ? I mean... the only thing they accomplish is show beyond a doubt that they are spying/sabotaging, so their enemy knows about it (and can thus plan around it).

So, depending on how dumb the spies are, this would effectively be a handicap for them....

Now trolling, that would run rampant. I approve.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    Currently playing: One Must Fall 2097, CODEX (cardgame)

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

What's the point, everyone that "cares" that much already has an alt on the competing servers.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Mokk.2397Mokk.2397 Member ✭✭✭
    No, you must be mad

NOOOO!!The trolling is bad enough.Why make it worse.

• Others

I would say yes but not on Team Chat but a seperate chat example World Chat.

• DaFishBob.6518DaFishBob.6518 Member ✭✭✭
    Others

Here I'll do you all a favor: NEW! Gem Store item - WvW Megaphone consumable to send a message to all the servers in your match up at once.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.