Allow us to do server wide map chats with the enemy servers

EremiteAngel.9765

Will be nice if we can do map chats with our enemy servers.Warfare should not only be on the ground.There should be verbal warfare and propaganda allowed too.There shouldn't be communication silence between enemy servers.Not realistic.

Alternate account spying and stream sniping is already a thing so nothing much would change there.

Also we could add an option for players to disable this chat if they are really adverse to toxicity and salt. The template is already in the game where you can choose which chats to display. Players who don't like it just choose not to display it.

I'd like it for talking to certain people after a good fight. Voted other because the salt would be unreal for some of the toxic players, and there are plenty of them. I can't see it happening, it would be nothing but crap talk. I'd probably just mute it.

There's already enough of local salt enabling through /t chat - we do not need to enable what would further give people like this a purpose increase their toxicity, especially to unload on opposing servers. This will just further enhance and promote that activity/behaviour. It may be nice for a few people, or maybe even the majority, who knows - but it only takes a few to spoil it for everyone. If you're interested in maybe seeing off topic weird chat and political views (NA in particular lol), this is probably what you'll see too.

@"Pax Amantis.3084" said:Now that you've brought up chat, I've been wondering- does /s work for the enemies around you? I like to "gg" or ":)" after a good battle, but I don't know if they actually see it.

No, they can't.... Only in sPvP.

@Optimator.3589 said:Just visit cancer discord and you're good to go. Same basic content that you'd get from mapwide chat, now with 73% more kekbots! :D

According to some people, the Cancer Discord is the FA circlejerk discord...

We're all KEKbots now.

The problem is instead of flame wars between enemy servers/guilds/players, it'd just get filled up with random nonsensical screeching and bad trolling so even the people who want to get invested in "verbal warfare and propaganda", as you put it, would end up muting it.

@aspirine.6852 said:Chat wars? No thanks.

Funny isn't it lol

I could picture all professions getting along-chatting instead of fighting each other- including mesmer and thief

If this ever would be a thing: imagine PvP and WvW turning into a lobby were we all (enemies and friendly server) can share our frustrations and our dissatisfactions with the state and direction of the game including our negative experiences?

Certainly, i would participate

Archived