Dps/Support class

Tataienstein.7581

I tought i would be a lone wolf in this game.. took 3 days and now all my friend are joining me in this awsome game :D. yeah !I'm more of a veteran in this game (I haven't touch PoF so i don't know the elite spec veyr well) and they are total beginners. I still want to play DPS but i want to offer some support at the same time (A.K.A carry/babysit Ahem Ahem*)I was thinking Revenant Herald would be good for this but what else could fit this role?

Not really usefull but we are aiming for open world pve and fractals

TLDR version: What are the dps/support spec out there

Revenant: can support on either specs with heals or buffs when going full support, if you go for DPS you can still help your teammates with some boons like stability, might, fury and some damage reduction if needed

Guardian: You can play condi Firebrand which has high dmg potential yet great supportive abilities. Dragonhunter is more offensive but the core virtues and some utilities can help without a massive loss in DPS

Necro: If you go for condi scourge you can still apply barrier to your allies while dealing enough condi damage, but for necro, it's either Open world or WvW (half the squad is scourges), has a fine spot in PvP, but is a meme in high-end PvE aka fractals and raids.

Can't think of other classes that can maintain considerable damage while still supporting their allies, I found these to be the easiest to access their abilities while still dealing damage with the least drawbacks when swapping weapons or utilities for Open World.

For fractals, Firebrand and renegade can fit in easily whether you're solo or with your friends, but in fractals things die really fast so the room for support is not that much needed as chronos can cover everything mostly, maybe firebrand's virtues help a bit

Alright thank you so much! Ill look into those two and since i like Rev I’ll probably go with that.Was thinking some support ability would be great to help my friends since they are gonna play easier spec.And yeah i want to be a DPS , that have some utility for group (not like.. thief?)I don’t want to fill a support role

And yeah i want to be a DPS , that have some utility for group (not like.. thief?)I don’t want to fill a support role

All classes can do that effectively for the content that you plan to do (thief might be the least versatile when it comes to support role though). It just depends what kind of support you want to provide (offense, defense, utility) and how much dps you want to lose comparing to glass cannon dps build. Some classes require more investment into support, some less; some do more dps, some less etc.

Rather than focusing on role I'd suggest taking a class you like because that content is quite easy and there's not much carrying needed. More often than not you can just carry with good dps, it's the very end game where buffs and heals start becoming more needed.

Buffs can be nice early on as well, but if you buff players who are performing bad, buffs would end up being wasted so at that point you might just go full dps and adapt to situation. And nearly all classes can sustain themselves with boons and/or buffs when traited properly, which is the whole point of the core game.

Rev is a very nice choice. Renegade can do very high damage while supporting, caveat being he himself lacks survival, so needs someone to tank for him in a team.Herald is much better at surviving on his own, but either his damage or sustain will suffer as he does not have as many crit boosts as renegade and can't use tanky gear relying on traits to fill the gap in missing crit chance or damage.

Power healer reaper (crusader gear) can do really solid dps while being very nice ressing machine for your nib buddies that die over and over. Its' what i run for PvE content.If you do it right you will be able to heal, ress, tank and dps all in one build. Here's the build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhOD7kGRoyGslGw2GgeTs0LYTPhhQQAqpVACAxPxq4WE-jhBBQBmUJYGV+lQ1f0nuBls/AAeCAAA-e

provided you stay on top of generating vulni stacks (for crit chance from decimate defenses) and your buddies provide you some fury (ranger with red moa is enough) you'll be doing good dps while healing and ressing your buddies left and right (transfusion, signet of vampirism, vampiric presence, ritual of life). And you yourself will be tanky af too:)

@"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:Rev is a very nice choice. Renegade can do very high damage while supporting, caveat being he himself lacks survival, so needs someone to tank for him in a team.Herald is much better at surviving on his own, but either his damage or sustain will suffer as he does not have as many crit boosts as renegade and can't use tanky gear relying on traits to fill the gap in missing crit chance or damage.

Power healer reaper (crusader gear) can do really solid dps while being very nice ressing machine for your nib buddies that die over and over. Its' what i run for PvE content.If you do it right you will be able to heal, ress, tank and dps all in one build. Here's the build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhOD7kGRoyGslGw2GgeTs0LYTPhhQQAqpVACAxPxq4WE-jhBBQBmUJYGV+lQ1f0nuBls/AAeCAAA-e

provided you stay on top of generating vulni stacks (for crit chance from decimate defenses) and your buddies provide you some fury (ranger with red moa is enough) you'll be doing good dps while healing and ressing your buddies left and right (transfusion, signet of vampirism, vampiric presence, ritual of life). And you yourself will be tanky af too:)

@"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:Rev is a very nice choice. Renegade can do very high damage while supporting, caveat being he himself lacks survival, so needs someone to tank for him in a team.Herald is much better at surviving on his own, but either his damage or sustain will suffer as he does not have as many crit boosts as renegade and can't use tanky gear relying on traits to fill the gap in missing crit chance or damage.

Thanks! Thats actually my two big contenders (rev/necro) pretty sure ill go rev PvP and necro PvE thanks!!

Archived