PvP issues

Jack Redline.5379

What do you find broken about it?

From my experience there are a few outlying traits that give certain professions an edge (especially if you are melee vs. them) but not to the level that I'd call it broken. Mesmer is a profession that has always been overpowered to varying degrees to almost never seen in a ranked match. Warrior is the same way. When they are brought in line they are pushed out of line by the next profession that functions similarly but can now do XYZ more efficiently. We've been there, done that and it truly makes PvP a drag. I've never had as much fun in GW2 PvP (toxicity aside) as I have in the last couple of seasons. The matches can swing so fast it's exhilarating. You really feel the impact of that spellbreaker who is kiting 2 people away from home as they almost die from condi's but they survive and you get the decap. The thief coming mid during a 2v3 and they spike down the guard who has cooldown's. The necro with the downstate pull + res essentially resetting the fight at home. The guard barely kiting out of mid vs 3 then downing just as he falls off the deck on Kyhlo so you can res.. That clutch feeling.. it's great man. It's addicting enough to give you perma-resistance against the things you can't change and keep queuing.

As an ele player who mostly pop's coming back to the game after almost 3 years off, coming back to the worst class in the game by far feels really bad, but I'm having to relearn my class and the new weaver spec anyway, so it's still kind of fun -- what's not fun is getting rekt even as I get the feel for it again because the class is in such a poor state.

Can you define “broken” and in what context do you mean?

Is conquest what’s broken? If so why?

Is e-sports broken? Probably, but are you capable of accurately explaining why?

Is the skill floor?

Is the skill ceiling?

Is the learning curve broken?

Is Thief broken? Is Ele? Is Guard?

Are the players who continue after years broken inside?

@Daishi.6027 said:Can you define “broken” and in what context do you mean?

Is conquest what’s broken? If so why?

Is e-sports broken? Probably, but are you capable of accurately explaining why?

Is the skill floor?

Is the skill ceiling?

Is the learning curve broken?

Is Thief broken? Is Ele? Is Guard?

Are the players who continue after years broken inside?

The last one for sure.

@Mathias.9657 said:Interesting thread to read before work , now I want banana sausage pie because I'm dead inside while waiting for the netflix original series.

Aww come on you know no such thing will happen. You cant simply expect netflix to make original series that is lke a wanting banana sausage pie.also dont forget to put your socks on if you are already dead you might feel cold and to prevend cold you should wear socks. and also the rest of the clothing

Archived