Blobs

Jelly Pain.8027

Hello Yaks Bend and all the servers that the game allowed to stack. SBI stopped playing this week along with IOJ. Great job! I have never seen our server so barren. The voice chats are near empty. There is no point of showing up. I sure hope this is what was intended. This is about as competitive as beating the elderly, children or kicking animals. The fight guilds that are on stacked servers should feel ashamed. How do you find guilds to fight if they are all on the same server? Get rid of link servers altogether. Allow wait time between transfers 6 weeks. Make transfers wait 2 weeks till they can go to WVW. Do something! Also I understand that this will get me banned from the forums because its the truth about WVW.

Have to agree, while we are still improving and willing to fight the outnumber groups, becomes wear and tear on the guild when you have 20 vs 40-60 (whatever 3 guild groups add up too). Won't stop us from going out and trying to improve but would have to agree with Jelly if they are all stack on one server, why blob when fighting only 20. If we fight again, let me know SIN so we can have some SIN vs SIN as we have come along way since last time!!

@look.1802 said:Well said guys, as a server we have been struggling. I also think that when we go and get relinks maybe redo the Tiers so we don't get pushed into T1 when we clearly aren't as a future adjustment.

Unfortunately it is based on glicko and since we were hovering around T2 and T1. We got enough glicko and knowing RNG, stuck with the worse. Like having all the ectos but lose it all to the damn skritt.

Server volatility is probably at an all-time high right now. So many alliances forming and imploding it's impossible to keep track of what's going on.

At this point, if Anet has any intention of saving the game mode, or at least slowing its demise, they really do need to expedite their alliance system. It's not going to fix everything by a long shot, but more granularity in world balance is certainly more than we're getting with the current topsy-turvy system.

@"Jelly Pain.8027" said:Right now 60+ Yaks and 40+ SOS in SBI keep with 20 defending! Great job!

I am just wondering what TZ you are referring to lol. Because I am on SOS server and trust me we have been struggling for a long long time on NA and EU time zone. We are just being rolled over by servers (hmmm oh yeah the Alliance guilds that keep switching from server to server and feed ANET with real money). I mean seriously ANET with their alliance systems or their APPARENT" alliance systems JUST FOUND THE JACKPOT on players who don't mind spending money and switching servers over and over. I don't think they will let go this jackpot lol. Don't get me wrong I love playing WvW and having good fights but seriously it is getting old. It was a good game until the money became more important and that it is ...

Compared to SBI, YB is stacked. But compared to BG, YB is nothing. The problem right now is you have BG that has the coverage and guilds to win every single week in tier 1. Then you have a handful of tier 1.5 guilds that can't beat BG's coverage, but roll tier 2 with ease. So if you think it's fun for YB when they cap a map with no resistance, I think you're mistaken. People actually hate it.

I'm speaking as a 3rd party because I transferred to YB in hopes to find more WvW action 2 weeks ago. Two weeks ago YB was matched up against BG in tier 1 and YB was demolished and demoralized. Everybody hated tier 1. This week YB is completely bored because of lack of fights and action. I was on comms when a commander on YB took a whole map, got no fights, and ended the raid early. Everybody this week hates tier 2. I've since transferred off YB to be with the guild I used to be with. But speaking from someone looking at this from the outside, I think you'll be surprised how many YB residents actually hate to be matched up against servers like SBI. It really isn't fun for anybody.

Just thought I'd bring in a perspective as a non-YB/SBI resident. This problem is Anet's and only Anet can solve it. But as long as people are giving them money to transfer, they are not going to be in a hurry to fix anything. It's just a really messed up situation. The only good thing that came out of this match up is ocx seems to be popping.

People keep asking for alliances to hurry up like they actually think it'll do anything except finish the game off. Anet stated in the very first alliance post there will still be some form of paid transfer so what exactly do you see changing here? Alliances will finish off the last few reliable server-communities that anet didnt already throw under the bus for a quick buck.

Plus (going on the only post about it recently) it's barely being worked on by one intern in their spare time from polishing npc armour or something.

Edit: Inb4 a mod screeches "FAKE NEWS" and bans my kitten. :P

@RisenHowl.2419 said:Apparently the money off transfers is worth more to anet than keeping a servers population and the money they provide

The server stacking kitten needs addressed. We've been 30v60 for literally two months, if we win a fight on any bl the map gets qued and we get blobbed down 10 minutes later

Have you consider the possibility you actualy have a ton of people, but they just cannot fight for shit? just sayin

@gavyne.6847 said:Compared to SBI, YB is stacked. But compared to BG, YB is nothing. The problem right now is you have BG that has the coverage and guilds to win every single week in tier 1. Then you have a handful of tier 1.5 guilds that can't beat BG's coverage, but roll tier 2 with ease. So if you think it's fun for YB when they cap a map with no resistance, I think you're mistaken. People actually hate it.

I'm speaking as a 3rd party because I transferred to YB in hopes to find more WvW action 2 weeks ago. Two weeks ago YB was matched up against BG in tier 1 and YB was demolished and demoralized. Everybody hated tier 1. This week YB is completely bored because of lack of fights and action. I was on comms when a commander on YB took a whole map, got no fights, and ended the raid early. Everybody this week hates tier 2. I've since transferred off YB to be with the guild I used to be with. But speaking from someone looking at this from the outside, I think you'll be surprised how many YB residents actually hate to be matched up against servers like SBI. It really isn't fun for anybody.

Just thought I'd bring in a perspective as a non-YB/SBI resident. This problem is Anet's and only Anet can solve it. But as long as people are giving them money to transfer, they are not going to be in a hurry to fix anything. It's just a really messed up situation. The only good thing that came out of this match up is ocx seems to be popping.

100% agree it is boring for them too but what some people see (including me) a lot is that these guilds don't have anything to fight or they all want to fight that one guild on the map and ended up blobbing it down even though they might have even numbers alone. Not saying it is just YB as SBI has done this when they were stacked in T1, frankly any stacked server does this. Agree that OCX is becoming the most time now apparently but student life =(

Archived