Proper Uninstall/Reinstall of the game

So I've been in contact with support because my client is always crashing and their recent reply was to have a fresh uninstall/reinstall of the game only to find out Guild Wars 2 isn't event on my control panel to uninstall.Then I remembered I just copied my Guild Wars 2 client from my laptop, didn't really properly installed it.

I tried the "-uninstall" command line but it shows no internet.

So how do I properly uninstall the game? Can I just delete the files? Are there more files I need to delete beside the gw2 folder?

The following post is only relevant for windows OSPrograms often have more folders than the main folders found under the programs folder for storing information. If you truly want a clean start I recommend also removing these following folders:

-Hold down the windows key and press [R], in the text box type in "%appdata%". A new window will open for your roaming appdata. You will see a folder named "Guild Wars 2", delete this folder

-Hold down the windows key and press [R] again however this time type in "%temp%". A new window will open showing temporary files stored on your computer by various applications. There will be a folder named gw2cache{bunchofnumbers&letters}, delete this folder.

There might me more folders that I have missed. If you have not tried it already you can try just removing the gw2cache and see if that fixers the issue before doing a complete reinstall.

Archived