Make Winds of Disenchantment at least 60 second cooldown and 1 second cast

Lonecap.4105

Spellbreaker has one job, to deliver bubble. To successfully deliver it, you must build your entire character around the bubble delivery service. To get into a blob and get out requires pretty much every cooldown at your disposal, leaving little room to do anything else other than simply dropping bubble.

Because of this... Spellbreaker is really boring to play. You pretty much just have to cleave safe spots or hang back while you wait for your insanely long bubble, which lasts for a paltry 5 seconds. Bubble was extremely strong before, so the huge cooldown was justified. Now bubble is a lot less oppressive, and is arguably no longer needed.

Even worse, is that since the Full Counter nerf, Spellbreaker can't even deal meaningful damage while waiting for the bubble delivery service system to recharge. So now bubble really IS the only thing we're bringing to the table. We're not even good at removing boons.

So, IF the only thing we can do is drop WoD, please make it at LEAST a 60 second cooldown, and at least a 1 second cast time.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:"Spellbreaker has one job, to deliver bubble"Youre playing spellbreaker wrong.

Nah. In a blob fight, Spellbreaker's purpose is to drop WoD. Nobody cares if you actually managed to remove 3-5 boons with hammer stun, they just get insta-reapplied anyway in a blob with 10+ firebrands.

You have a fair point, the application delay and duration nerf doesn't justify the same cooldown. I would however rather it got the holo treatment and every connected Full Counter reduced it's recharge by 5 seconds. Full Counter can be used 7,5 times during the 90 sec cd. This would reward the spellbreakers who are active instead of those hiding behind their group.

For now, Superior Sigil of Frenzy is the way to go. Assuming your tag 1 dead body every 10 seconds, your bubble will be ready 18 seconds early. Alacrity also works wonders and stacks with the sigil.

@"rng.1024" said:You have a fair point, the application delay and duration nerf doesn't justify the same cooldown. I would however rather it got the holo treatment and every connected Full Counter reduced it's recharge by 5 seconds. Full Counter can be used 7,5 times during the 90 sec cd. This would reward the spellbreakers who are active instead of those hiding behind their group.

For now, Superior Sigil of Frenzy is the way to go. Assuming your tag 1 dead body every 10 seconds, your bubble will be ready 18 seconds early. Alacrity also works wonders and stacks with the sigil.

Ok, that's an interesting idea - I would be okay with Full Counter reducing bubble cooldown... although it seems a bit gimmicky. I mean, especially since Full Counter is weak now, it's no longer viable as an aggressive skill. So it seems odd to go "fishing" with your Full Counters. But it's an okay idea. Basically if you remember "Stick and Move", or traits that gave you 10% damage bonus while not having full endurance, it feels gimmicky and bad for the same reason those traits were changed.

Also, I have to disagree, I don't think Frenzy sigil is the way to go (at least not since the rework). I think getting the most out of the time (somehow managing to "time" the enemy downs so they're downed every 10 seconds is unlikely). It's not a terrible sigil, but I truly believe there are better options.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:"Spellbreaker has one job, to deliver bubble"Youre playing spellbreaker wrong.

Why did this get thumbs up? At least have the decency to say why I'm "playing spellbreaker wrong". Explain to me what you're doing which is so next-level. If you can't I'll just assume you were trolling and have zero idea what you're talking about.

You have a variety of utilities, and weapons. Lets see:Break enchantments (unblockable, removes boons, short cd, coupled with master and grandmaster spellbreaker line traits for dmg, adrenaline regen, more boon removal) plus F1 hammer for CC and more boon removal---> full counter---> Hammer F1 for more CC and boon removal. You can facetank ANYTHING even with full zerk gear, cause endure pain and other autoproc stances WILL make sure you survive. Balanced stance, berserker stance, and when your bubble is on cd watch for your other teammates' bubbles or heavy bombs (when comm calls em) to wreak absolute havoc with the absurd CC and distance hammer F1 travels, break enchantments, full counter, repeat with hammer F1.Did i miss anything?

@Voltekka.2375 said:You have a variety of utilities, and weapons. Lets see:Break enchantments (unblockable, removes boons, short cd, coupled with master and grandmaster spellbreaker line traits for dmg, adrenaline regen, more boon removal) plus F1 hammer for CC and more boon removal---> full counter---> Hammer F1 for more CC and boon removal. You can facetank ANYTHING even with full zerk gear, cause endure pain and other autoproc stances WILL make sure you survive. Balanced stance, berserker stance, and when your bubble is on cd watch for your other teammates' bubbles or heavy bombs (when comm calls em) to wreak absolute havoc with the absurd CC and distance hammer F1 travels, break enchantments, full counter, repeat with hammer F1.Did i miss anything?

Okay. So you removed 2 boons from five targets with Break (this is best case scenario too, because perhaps it wasn't five targets, and how deep did you have to go to pop break, what utilities got you there? etc). And you can do it every 15 seconds. So? That's literally nothing, I'm sorry, but it's literally nothing. Do you know how fast those boons can be reapplied? It's also pathetic damage, to make things even worse.This is also assuming you actually run Break Enchantments, which I wouldn't advise. This leaves no room for Featherfoot, which is really important for actually landing a deep bubble with great coverage.

Okay so, now you're saying you run hammer. Ok. Sorry, but it's pretty unlikely you actually stunned anyone or interrupted them with this. Stability is rampant in blob fights.

All in all, the ways you're removing boons just aren't that consistent. With the build you're using, you have NO power of mobility. You're not running Featherfoot, you don't have sword leap, nothing. So how will you deliver deep bubble? Suboptimally and slowly. There's other things I hugely disagree with, like you're running Berserker Stance (I have no idea why).

Fights are not won with pleb level amounts of boon removal. It's rendered even more ineffective with boon machine Firebrands in the squad. Fights are won with bubbles that have amazing coverage and positioning, which requires a fast and reliable bubble.

Its ok to have such an effect on a long cd and cast time BUT spell barkers need to be able to have winds of disenchantment on its kit out side of WoD. Boons denial seems like a very good roll for the class giving it a single target version would help it be more then just one elite skill.

Archived