An Update about Episode 5

• ArenaNet Staff

Hello Krewe!

We’ve heard about the bug in the Dwarven Catacombs in Thunderhead Peaks were some players are not getting the purple plate from the Graveling. We are actively working on this complicated issue and should have a fix soon. The team is also looking into improving the experience for players who have started the Catacombs plate puzzle but have to log out for long periods of time and come back unable to continue their progress. We apologize for the inconvenience! We're also working to address feedback about the lack of visibility of events in Thunderhead Peaks, as well as the communication of Pepperseed's event chain. Thank you for your patience.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for letting us know! :)

I'm especially looking forward to the plate/log out issue being fixed as it's pretty rare for me to be able to commit to a long play session, so completing the Catacombs is pretty unlikely for me with the current system, which is a shame because it's the kind of thing I love doing.

I appreciate y'all looking into this. While I haven't had as hard a time with the purple room as others have had, it's great that the team is looking into this.

Are there also any plans to increase the detection/activation range of The Consul's Tomb POI like what was done with The Hammer's Hoard POI, where players doing map completion can get the POI from outside the gate?

That's wonderful! Hopefully the fix will also include the problem with people getting the same color plate as the room they're in, someone in Map just said they'd gotten the blue plate three times in a row in the blue room. I'd previously only heard of that happening with the purple plate.

@"Clayton Kisko.5207" Can you also look into the bug of graveling dropping a plate for only 1 person (which seems to be last person entering the room)? Everyone that attacks the graveling should get their plate so players don't hate each other for stealing "their" plate and the intense wait for finally getting a plate (not to mention afk trolls that stay in the room and players that refuse to wait outside of the room). Most complains are about this issue ;)

@Clayton Kisko.5207 said:Hello Krewe!

We’ve heard about the bug in the Dwarven Catacombs in Thunderhead Peaks were some players are not getting the purple plate from the Graveling. We are actively working on this complicated issue and should have a fix soon. The team is also looking into improving the experience for players who have started the Catacombs plate puzzle but have to log out for long periods of time and come back unable to continue their progress. We apologize for the inconvenience! We're also working to address feedback about the lack of visibility of events in Thunderhead Peaks, as well as the communication of Pepperseed's event chain. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for taking in the feedback on all three situations. Please keep us posted on the progress.

Meantime, for anyone doing the puzzle, take a port to green room as soon as you get the plate; that way you don't have to worry about time running out while dealing with the graveling.

While you are it, could you also please make that more than one player at a time can pick a dragonsblood spear from the barrel during northern meta? Hitting F and riding away only to realize several seconds later that you don't have the special action got annoying very fast.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Aaralyna.3104 said:@"Clayton Kisko.5207" Can you also look into the bug of graveling dropping a plate for only 1 person (which seems to be last person entering the room)? Everyone that attacks the graveling should get their plate so players don't hate each other for stealing "their" plate and the intense wait for finally getting a plate (not to mention afk trolls that stay in the room and players that refuse to wait outside of the room). Most complains are about this issue ;)

Yes of course! What you are describing is what we had mentioned in the original post :) We're on it!

I'm actually quite pleased from the few issues found so far. Compared to other episodes (like "A bug in the system" - maybe it was named this way for a reason) this one went quite smoothly. Considering that there are even 2 meta and that the map is huge, it's nice :)Thanks for looking into it.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Clayton Kisko.5207 said:Hello Krewe!

Thanks for taking in the feedback on all three situations. Please keep us posted on the progress.

Meantime, for anyone doing the puzzle, take a port to green room as soon as you get the plate; that way you don't have to worry about time running out while dealing with the graveling.

Or just do a quick relog after interacting with the sarcophagus and killing the gravelling.. next time you will still have your light and the plate will drop after you or you + others kill the gravelling again. If you don't interact though it appears you get ported back outside the room and may have to wait for a portal again

I was wondering -- and I apologize if this is not the right place to bring this up -- but is there also someone working on the bugged achievements for the completion of Chasing Tales: Baverne the Hunter? As it stands, due to Chasing Tales: Preemptive Strike rewarding the credit for "Deadly Accuracy" instead of itself, the achievement is broken.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Or just do a quick relog after interacting with the sarcophagus and killing the gravelling.. next time you will still have your light and the plate will drop after you or you + others kill the gravelling again.I tried that; didn't work for me. (Even solo.)

Did you interact with the sarcophagus before you reported... cos I've done 7 or 8 times both solo and with guildy and it's never failed except when I forgot to Interact and others in the room also succeed after telling them.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Or just do a quick relog after interacting with the sarcophagus and killing the gravelling.. next time you will still have your light and the plate will drop after you or you + others kill the gravelling again.I tried that; didn't work for me. (Even solo.)

Did you interact with the sarcophagus before you reported... cos I've done 7 or 8 times both solo and with guildy and it's never failed except when I forgot to Interact and others in the room also succeed after telling them.

Interacting alone: not gotten it consistently. Not interacting: I have gotten it.(I've discussed the details more in the other threads.)

Thanks for finally providing some feedback on the issues mentioned. I just stumbled across this thread by accident. :o

@Clayton Kisko.5207 said:We’ve heard about the bug in the Dwarven Catacombs in Thunderhead Peaks were some players are not getting the purple plate from the Graveling. We are actively working on this complicated issue and should have a fix soon. The team is also looking into improving the experience for players who have started the Catacombs plate puzzle but have to log out for long periods of time and come back unable to continue their progress. We apologize for the inconvenience! We're also working to address feedback about the lack of visibility of events in Thunderhead Peaks, as well as the communication of Pepperseed's event chain. Thank you for your patience.

Sounds great, thank you in advance! :)

Archived