Legendary - Bloodstone Shard

Texas.4861

To make most Legendary you need a Bloodstone shard only purchasable by using 200 spirit shards. Now I have about 300 piles of Bloodstone Dust and a stack of Bloodstone Bricks. Why can we not make a Bloodstone Shard from all the Useless Bloodstone Dust and Bricks. I made 4 legendarys and find myself down to 50 spirit shards.... We should be able to convert Bloodstone Dust to a Bloodstone Shard. There is a track in WvW to make a Gift of Battle, but only one way to get the Bloodstone Shard.

If you have any tomes of knowledge laying around from daily log in rewards you can consume them for spirit shards.

I understand the thematic reasoning for wishing to use bloodstone dust, but you have to realize that it didn't exist when the legendary recipes were created.

I dropped the the "gen 2" legendary HOPE pistol project because the costs associated with it were VASTLY too high. All by itself, the number of Spirit Shards that you'll need to sacrifice in order to complete one of these legendary projects would be sufficient to allow you to craft 19 (NINETEEN!) pieces of ascended armor and weapons! Not to mention the 1.35 MILLION karma points (or 64,400 unbound magic, if you go that route) that you'll have to spend to get the hundreds (upon hundreds!) of Obsidian Shards that you'll need to fund one of these MASSIVELY burdensome projects. These "legendary" projects are completely inappropriate for noobs to undertake and should avoided until they have the necessary resources to actually make it happen.

@"GW Noob.6038" said:I dropped the the "gen 2" legendary HOPE pistol project because the costs associated with it were VASTLY too high. All by itself, the number of Spirit Shards that you'll need to sacrifice in order to complete one of these legendary projects would be sufficient to allow you to craft 19 (NINETEEN!) pieces of ascended armor and weapons! Not to mention the 1.35 MILLION karma points (or 64,400 unbound magic, if you go that route) that you'll have to spend to get the hundreds (upon hundreds!) of Obsidian Shards that you'll need to fund one of these MASSIVELY burdensome projects. These "legendary" projects are completely inappropriate for noobs to undertake and should avoided until they have the necessary resources to actually make it happen.

Very well put!

Short of an outright purchase, it should be something to work towards.

@"GW Noob.6038" said:I dropped the the "gen 2" legendary HOPE pistol project because the costs associated with it were VASTLY too high. All by itself, the number of Spirit Shards that you'll need to sacrifice in order to complete one of these legendary projects would be sufficient to allow you to craft 19 (NINETEEN!) pieces of ascended armor and weapons! Not to mention the 1.35 MILLION karma points (or 64,400 unbound magic, if you go that route) that you'll have to spend to get the hundreds (upon hundreds!) of Obsidian Shards that you'll need to fund one of these MASSIVELY burdensome projects. These "legendary" projects are completely inappropriate for noobs to undertake and should avoided until they have the necessary resources to actually make it happen.

Yeah man, it took me 1 1/2 years to craft Aurora, cause I'm not really a farming type of guy, that's what legendaries are all about.Took me 30 minutes to craft Kudzu, cause it's gen1 and nobody really likes it...

Legendaries are all about the journey and the require huge amounts of resources.

Don't want to spend that time etc? Go buy some exotics or craft some ascended.

For the 2,5k gold I spend on Aurora, I could have got a couple of ascended sets....

I have made, as I said, 4 Legendaries so I am aware of the cost. It just seems that Anet has been changing a lot of crafting requirements, as the recent Patch need for Armour, or now having to use different Charmes to make Runes. What other use is Bloodstone dust other then making bricks or collecting it since it dropd more then anything else.

Also (IMOHO) why so many negative or unhelpful comments to so many posts?

• 2 weeks later...

@Crackmonster.2790 said:I think it's istan farm that gives you TONS of spirit shards or something. I don't play all that much but after i bought the bloodstone i was like kitten i spent all the time in the whole story to get this and before i notice literally few days later i was sitting alraedy on 120+

ok I'll try there. Been doing a lot of WvW and PvP.... just hate to jump ahead in my story. I guess I need to.

@Khisanth.2948 said:because you seem to be trying to create an issue where there isn't one

there aren't a whole lot of uses for bloodstone dust but there aren't that many uses for spirit shards either and there are a lot more sources of it too

I dont know what you mean, but having stacks of Bloodstone Dust just seems useless. We should be able to so0mehow turn them into Bloodstone shards. JMO

@Texas.4861 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:because you seem to be trying to create an issue where there isn't one

there aren't a whole lot of uses for bloodstone dust but there aren't that many uses for spirit shards either and there are a lot more sources of it too

I dont know what you mean, but having stacks of Bloodstone Dust just seems useless. We should be able to so0mehow turn them into Bloodstone shards. JMO

Legendaries are a sink on the game and personal materials.

Making materials interchangeable kind of defeats the purpose of draining multiple wouldn't it?

Bloodstone Dust and similar ascended crafting materials are provided in abundance because they are not ment as to big of a gate, but still to promote certain areas/content.

Spirit Shards work differently. For people not crafting legendaries or using them for material conversion, they accumulate endlessly. For people who craft legendaries they might become a bottleneck since those are a primary drain of this resource.

Two different resources with different goals and design philosophy.

Spirit shards were one of the currencies some people had a ton of and no sink for. Of course, a sink was provided and then came those that didn't have a ton of Spirit Shards, the same can be said about Karma. And if we ever get a proper BOH sink, I'm sure that will join the list as well. Someone is always going to be behind others, that's just how it is.

Anyway, there are ways to accumulate / farm more SS's, before my stockpile exploded, I racked more than 100 a month from wvw alone, but you could also exchange tomes/daily exp thingies, max Masteries and farm those zones for the rank up SS and farm certain metas too I believe.

Archived