Is there a server that *likes* rangers? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Is there a server that *likes* rangers?

It's expensive to randomly change servers whenever other players harass me for being a ranger. Does anyone know a server that actually wants rangers for WVW? Thanks in advance!

<134

Comments

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Xterra.6172 said:
    ranger is perfectly fine in WvW. Blobbing isn't the only way to play.

    Yes, because playing outside the blob is what he wanted to do. /s

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Kaiser.9873Kaiser.9873 Member ✭✭✭

    Rangers get hate for a lot of reasons, but most of it isn't even really the class imo. Much of it is, as Sleepwalker said, the player, not the class.

    Commanders are so used to Rangers that play........?poorly?, that they automatically have a bad take on them.

  • gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

    I like rangers for de-sieging stuff.

    Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

  • Baldrick.8967Baldrick.8967 Member ✭✭✭

    @Sleepwalker.1398 said:
    If all rangers wanting to play range would just swap to Rev, now that will be very useful in any zerg/squad.

    But then again most Rangers think they are there to just pew pew and not know the full potential of longbow 5.
    That skill can so easily clear siege on walls and supply huts if you have the view options set correctly but not many rangers know or do that.

    Don't let the secret out! Anet will nerf it or people might actually use it....

    And stances can be useful if used well, spec a proper merge (so you gives heals, etc..not pew pew power), be useful scouting and don't turn tail and run at the first sign of trouble (thereby ensuring defeat), learn to position properly, snipe targets (and the right targets), clear siege and don't play pure damage and no defence, and be better than most of the zerglings- and you shouldn't have to take too long to persuade commanders to let you in the squad.

    But don't expect to keep your place if the squad gets full- you can perform just as well without taking up a space of someone who is on voice comms.

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2019

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:
    Gandara will probably take you on

    You misspelled "gankdara"

    @Baldrick.8967 said:

    @Sleepwalker.1398 said:
    If all rangers wanting to play range would just swap to Rev, now that will be very useful in any zerg/squad.

    But then again most Rangers think they are there to just pew pew and not know the full potential of longbow 5.
    That skill can so easily clear siege on walls and supply huts if you have the view options set correctly but not many rangers know or do that.

    Don't let the secret out! Anet will nerf it or people might actually use it....

    And stances can be useful if used well, spec a proper merge (so you gives heals, etc..not pew pew power), be useful scouting and don't turn tail and run at the first sign of trouble (thereby ensuring defeat), learn to position properly, snipe targets (and the right targets), clear siege and don't play pure damage and no defence, and be better than most of the zerglings- and you shouldn't have to take too long to persuade commanders to let you in the squad.

    But don't expect to keep your place if the squad gets full- you can perform just as well without taking up a space of someone who is on voice comms.

    With right target you mean the enemy commander? :^)

  • CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2019

    Rangers are a strong small scale roaming class, just like Thieves.
    They shouldn't demand to be in pug squads, who are just looking for fights in the first place, because meta classes: like FBs, Scourges, Revs, SPbs and a few Eles, with proper builds, perform and synergize better in those squads.

    For some reason Deso, allows this one healing tempest to tag along though..

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:
    Rangers are a small scale roaming class, just like Thieves. They shouldn't demand to be in squads, who are just looking for fights, in the first place, because meta classes with proper builds, perform and synergize better.

    For some reason Deso, allows this one healing tempest to tag along though..

    Not true after the recent changes.
    I've been seeing more and more soulbeasts being used in guild comps.
    Perhaps pug squads have not caught wind of that trend yet or perhaps only organised guilds can pull it off.

    Video here near the end showing a guild comp running at least 2 soulbeasts out of the roughly 10 players that they had. So 1 soulbeast per party of 5?

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • Simo.6819Simo.6819 Member ✭✭
    edited January 20, 2019

    @Skitter.7389 said:
    When you play in EU you are very welcome on WSR. There is a commander called BEZ who love every Ranger in his squad.

    He kinda disagree in Ranger, unless you are very good with it. there is always respect for one trick pony :)

    Kebab [Kill] - WSR

  • Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Rangers are great for roaming, but if you camp longbow in a zerg on zerg fight, enough comps run reflects that you will do more harm than good.

    Druid camping staff and a swap to longbow can be really good in zergs. Firebrand is better, but I find it hard to believe people would get upset over druid support.

  • I suggest you try and find a roaming guild to join. Then you can have some ranger friends to be with.

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sleepwalker.1398 said:
    If all rangers wanting to play range would just swap to Rev, now that will be very useful in any zerg/squad.

    But then again most Rangers think they are there to just pew pew and not know the full potential of longbow 5.
    That skill can so easily clear siege on walls and supply huts if you have the view options set correctly but not many rangers know or do that.

    Oh, you mean like a Staff Ele can do with Meteor Shower while contributing more to a zerg fight?

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Laurencius.9258 said:
    It's expensive to randomly change servers whenever other players harass me for being a ranger. Does anyone know a server that actually wants rangers for WVW? Thanks in advance!

    You want a place where rangers aren't scorned? Especially soulbeasts? Come to SoS.. oh wait we're full! :( But you could come to the linked server, (currently SoR). People that scorn rangers with zergs have a faulty way of thinking. Yes I agree that if all you want is to go out and fight in the field forever then you don't want a big squad of rangers... but they DO (at least mine does) a huge amount of damage to a lot of people at once (despite what non ranger players say), and cleaving downs is a great function from the outside of the fight. I also have a decent amount of survivability.... when I'm not targeted that is! lol People see Platinum and above and love to mob them for some reason.

    Let's move to the other parts of WvW. Believe it or not WvW is not all about the fights. We actually capture towers and Keeps. Inside these structures is siege, and even with the nasty changes ANet has done to make it harder to 'see' over the wall I can still take down siege that's hitting our group. Add a few more rangers and siege doesn't last more than a minute or two. We are able to get in quicker and alive. Remove all the rangers and try to rely on an ele or two and tell me how well that goes. Ele's can't range like rangers can, they can't fire into a group and hit 5 targets at once and so on... and they can't put out the sustained damage that my ranger can.

    If you're good at ranger then nobody I know on my server is going to deny you entry into a squad. Look me up in game and we can chat more if you are serious. Move to SoR then if SoS ever opens you can move here. :)

    My ign: Tim Pearces Hearts aka balthazzarr.1349

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2019

    @Hesacon.8735 said:
    Rangers are great for roaming, but if you camp longbow in a zerg on zerg fight, enough comps run reflects that you will do more harm than good.

    Druid camping staff and a swap to longbow can be really good in zergs. Firebrand is better, but I find it hard to believe people would get upset over druid support.

    I run soulbeast almost exclusively. Now and then I switch to spellbreaker or mesmer for variety. But.... all this talk about reflects is sooooo highly overrated. In all the years I've been running ranger up to and including now I probably encounter reflect to my longbow maybe once a week if at all... and THAT is when I'm fighting roamers.. not zergs. Why? Because I'm patient.. I never hit first. I wait for the group to attack, I watch for the enemy to be grouping toward a location, then I power up the buffs (increasing to 90-100% crit chance and over 240% crit damage and 3k power).. and pound the spot. Typically I see at least 3-5 people downed by the time the barrage is done. Then I start cleaving.

    If you play it right, you ARE very helpful. No I don't do healing, no I don't clear condi... I am purely a dps beast that knows how to play with a zerg and the groups I run with have no problem with me doing what I do. AND of course, I clear wall siege like nobody's business... ;)

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:
    Rangers are a strong small scale roaming class, just like Thieves.
    They shouldn't demand to be in pug squads, who are just looking for fights in the first place, because meta classes: like FBs, Scourges, Revs, SPbs and a few Eles, with proper builds, perform and synergize better in those squads.

    For some reason Deso, allows this one healing tempest to tag along though..

    I get that, but explain to me-- and I really mean explain and not argue... explain to me how that is fun.
    I just don't get it. I want to understand...

    Two groups of Like Minded Individuals fighting open field with the same exact set of tools
    same classes
    same mindset
    I like WvW but I just don't understand how that is enjoyable.

    mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

  • EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    also to the OP you can run whatever you want to run.
    You can tag along. No ones stopping you from doing that.

    mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Hesacon.8735 said:

    Druid camping staff and a swap to longbow can be really good in zergs. Firebrand is better, but I find it hard to believe people would get upset over druid support.

    Same reason Ventari rev isn't a thing
    People don't need heals over there

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @LetoII.3782 said:
    Agreed, it's not the class so much as the people playing it.
    Ranger offers a really lazy, low-information way to play and carries people just enough to where they think no improvement is needed beyond pressing 2.

    It's possible that might be true for some rangers? I can't say most because frankly I don't know. For all the Ranger promo that I do in here I do have to agree that too many of the people I see playing the ranger class really don't play it well or seem to understand it. There are other rangers that run in our groups that I'm happy to say know the class so when we're hitting a structure we can clear siege quickly. btw, axe #4 can be used to pull people off a wall, one of the ranger pets has a pull as well... so many people don't realize this.

    If more people would take the time to really understand and USE this class to its potential then it would be much more welcome in these groups.. I think. :)

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • Shadowcat.2680Shadowcat.2680 Member ✭✭✭

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

    @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:
    Rangers are a small scale roaming class, just like Thieves. They shouldn't demand to be in squads, who are just looking for fights, in the first place, because meta classes with proper builds, perform and synergize better.

    For some reason Deso, allows this one healing tempest to tag along though..

    Not true after the recent changes.
    I've been seeing more and more soulbeasts being used in guild comps.
    Perhaps pug squads have not caught wind of that trend yet or perhaps only organised guilds can pull it off.

    Video here near the end showing a guild comp running at least 2 soulbeasts out of the roughly 10 players that they had. So 1 soulbeast per party of 5?

    Don't know that you can claim a guild comp is using multiple soulbeasts when only one was from the same guild as the other players. I also wouldn't call them boonbeasts as the pug soulbeast was a marksmanship build and the guild one didn't have moa stance on its bar either.

  • Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jeknar.6184 said:

    Oh, you mean like a Staff Ele can do with Meteor Shower while contributing more to a zerg fight?

    Yes, Staff weaver that do 8k-10k or more meteor shower are excellent.
    I have no idea how to play ele but know how to proc the damage boost and positioning well enough to drop where zerg is going.
    Staff can get wall siege easy but rangers can go even further beyond the wall.
    Here are some screenshots of how far they can hit.
    Those arrows hitting the shield gen is from a ranger bow 5.

    https://imgur.com/a/hhHZtPZ

  • Perhaps u may find ur profession in this video ?

    u only have to find out, which server ;-)

  • shortcake.8659shortcake.8659 Member ✭✭✭

    @Jeknar.6184 said:

    @Sleepwalker.1398 said:
    If all rangers wanting to play range would just swap to Rev, now that will be very useful in any zerg/squad.

    But then again most Rangers think they are there to just pew pew and not know the full potential of longbow 5.
    That skill can so easily clear siege on walls and supply huts if you have the view options set correctly but not many rangers know or do that.

    Oh, you mean like a Staff Ele can do with Meteor Shower while contributing more to a zerg fight?

    I don't know if you're just clueless or what, but a ranger can hit WAY, WAY more things than a meteor shower ever can.

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @shortcake.8659 said:

    @Jeknar.6184 said:

    @Sleepwalker.1398 said:
    If all rangers wanting to play range would just swap to Rev, now that will be very useful in any zerg/squad.

    But then again most Rangers think they are there to just pew pew and not know the full potential of longbow 5.
    That skill can so easily clear siege on walls and supply huts if you have the view options set correctly but not many rangers know or do that.

    Oh, you mean like a Staff Ele can do with Meteor Shower while contributing more to a zerg fight?

    I don't know if you're just clueless or what, but a ranger can hit WAY, WAY more things than a meteor shower ever can.

    To be fair, so few rangers know they can do this it escapes public attention

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lipton.1287 said:
    Perhaps u may find ur profession in this video ?

    u only have to find out, which server ;-)

    Omg best video ever

  • nativity.3057nativity.3057 Member ✭✭✭

    Fort Aspenwood.

    They cloud, and clouding is good for Rangers.
    You won't do well against an organized zerg, but tags are 10% of the game.

  • subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2019

    As has been noted over and over in the thread, there is no server that keeps you from playing a Ranger but there are plenty of squads who do.

    However, even the people who argue for the Ranger here make no argument as to why they should be in a squad.
    They make arguments about how they are best played but those arguments involve taking another position than a commander while not being dependent upon boons or making use of providing boons. That is what squads are entirely about: positioning and boons.

    If there is anything that makes Rangers disliked it is foremost that, that they themselves do not see how they are best played (self sufficient focus parties, roaming, havoc) and aim to play that way. Nothing makes Rangers more disliked than the players on them who complain and demand to be in squads, playing their class wrong. A Ranger can run with a squad he just doesn't have to be in it.

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This has been answered in one of the multiple similar threads. Ranger is good, great in the right hands (and those are not many, I assure you), but in blobbing/zergs, it doesnt contribute as much as other classes. Scourges, weavers, firebrands, revs all outclass the ranger in some point (corrupts, boonspams and heals, ranged dmg, aoe dmg). You can perfectly well tag along the main zerg, and pewpew hapless scourges/weavers/revs that are separated from the main zerg, or pewpew walls etc with barrage. There is no real hate to rangers (apart from some very toxic servers), but in zerging, other classes do a similar job but much better. With that in mind, play what you want, ignore haters, but do not expect to be welcomed to a blob.
    Have fun!

  • Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭

    There’s no bullying, we all love you cute rangers, I assure you. The hate is just a meme (it’s just a prank bro).
    Anyways, if your zerg has good amount of meele train and backline, then go ahead and pewpew, you will be useful getting down eles and revs. But if it lacks meeles or backliners then sorry, but you arent playing class that will carry fight. On the other hand you can just simply roam instead of trying to be a zerg class, SB is Imba roamer atm.

    Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

  • DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Hesacon.8735 said:
    Rangers are great for roaming, but if you camp longbow in a zerg on zerg fight, enough comps run reflects that you will do more harm than good.

    Druid camping staff and a swap to longbow can be really good in zergs. Firebrand is better, but I find it hard to believe people would get upset over druid support.

    Never really seen someone getting called out for being a druide , only the typical question: Why druide when you could play Firebrand?

  • If you're in Europe, Gandara have a cloud zerg on home borderlands most nights. People spread out and come together to face blobs when needed. Direct damage is good, when it's a death from a thousand stings. Other Commanders aren't too meta unless zerg is full.

  • Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Asking why rangers aren't wanted in WvW blobbing is like asking why a pickup isn't wanted in F1 racing. They may have many uses outside of this racing squad but they will never be able to properly compete in said environment.

    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2019

    @Henry.5713 said:
    Asking why rangers aren't wanted in WvW blobbing is like asking why a pickup isn't wanted in F1 racing. They may have many uses outside of this racing squad but they will never be able to properly compete in said environment.

    But the pickup truck can still win when you got F1 drivers saying they dont care about the race and they're only there to dragrace against each other in the pit, some driving in circles and others stopping every 20m to get out and build obstacles for F1 cars that pickup trucks just drive over.

    As a sidenote we did have a pretty amusing situation yesterday. Before the raid its only zerg classes/meta builds everything else will get kicked, during the raid we had a situation where some said "yeah only rangers can hit that AC" and the commander went "can all our rangers hit that?"...

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Henry.5713 said:
    Asking why rangers aren't wanted in WvW blobbing is like asking why a pickup isn't wanted in F1 racing. They may have many uses outside of this racing squad but they will never be able to properly compete in said environment.

    But the pickup truck can still win when you got F1 drivers saying they dont care about the race and they're only there to dragrace against each other in the pit, some driving in circles and others stopping every 20m to get out and build obstacles for F1 cars that pickup trucks just drive over.

    As a sidenote we did have a pretty amusing situation yesterday. Before the raid its only zerg classes/meta builds everything else will get kicked, during the raid we had a situation where some said "yeah only rangers can hit that AC" and the commander went "can all our rangers hit that?"...

    Yes, it's pretty funny to me.. the mostly "one trick pony" called spellbreaker which is mainly good for the short lived bubble and boring to play otherwise is lauded like a little god. My Ranger puts out a lot more damage to a lot more people than a spellbreaker can and yes it can reach those spots nobody else can. Ranger may be scorned in many other servers but at least on my server we KNOW how to make good use of them since as most people know... we don't JUST do fights! ... and even in fights I kill a LOT.

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • You could try a number of guilds on FC. We are smaller and squads are pretty much never full. LIon is my guild and we like anyone mostly 😉. We have several rangers that run in our squads. But we are not your hard core zergging guild.

  • anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2019

    Wait for the alliance system (if it arrives anytime soon) and then get into a guild which wants rangers.
    I personally have an issue in my wvw server, when there is not a tag i play with ranger as roaming. And then a tag appears and i'm forced to stay in ranger because there is a queue in the map now (because it is the only tag) so i can't swap to a rev or scourge.

    So when i play around a zerg i know i do more damage than good (even if i do not get into any reflect) but what else can i do?

  • you can come with me and my Group in Dragonbrand we don't zerg fight at all but we do have a havoc/ roaming group we do :) > @Laurencius.9258 said:

    It's expensive to randomly change servers whenever other players harass me for being a ranger. Does anyone know a server that actually wants rangers for WVW? Thanks in advance!

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Henry.5713 said:
    Asking why rangers aren't wanted in WvW blobbing is like asking why a pickup isn't wanted in F1 racing. They may have many uses outside of this racing squad but they will never be able to properly compete in said environment.

    But the pickup truck can still win when you got F1 drivers saying they dont care about the race and they're only there to dragrace against each other in the pit, some driving in circles and others stopping every 20m to get out and build obstacles for F1 cars that pickup trucks just drive over.

    As a sidenote we did have a pretty amusing situation yesterday. Before the raid its only zerg classes/meta builds everything else will get kicked, during the raid we had a situation where some said "yeah only rangers can hit that AC" and the commander went "can all our rangers hit that?"...

    Yes, it's pretty funny to me.. the mostly "one trick pony" called spellbreaker which is mainly good for the short lived bubble and boring to play otherwise is lauded like a little god. My Ranger puts out a lot more damage to a lot more people than a spellbreaker can and yes it can reach those spots nobody else can. Ranger may be scorned in many other servers but at least on my server we KNOW how to make good use of them since as most people know... we don't JUST do fights! ... and even in fights I kill a LOT.

    You also failed to mention that your ranger doesnt cast WoD, which massively removed enemy boons, hence allowing the squad to bomb and kill a substantial portion of the enemy zerg. You also failed to mention that spellbreaker offers mass cc, more boon removal than a ranger. The dps part is at the very least laughable, cause a spellbreaker with the above mentioned skillset offers waaaaaaaay more in the blob than you. And if dps is the issue, play weaver.

  • Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Voltekka.2375 said:

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Henry.5713 said:
    Asking why rangers aren't wanted in WvW blobbing is like asking why a pickup isn't wanted in F1 racing. They may have many uses outside of this racing squad but they will never be able to properly compete in said environment.

    But the pickup truck can still win when you got F1 drivers saying they dont care about the race and they're only there to dragrace against each other in the pit, some driving in circles and others stopping every 20m to get out and build obstacles for F1 cars that pickup trucks just drive over.

    As a sidenote we did have a pretty amusing situation yesterday. Before the raid its only zerg classes/meta builds everything else will get kicked, during the raid we had a situation where some said "yeah only rangers can hit that AC" and the commander went "can all our rangers hit that?"...

    Yes, it's pretty funny to me.. the mostly "one trick pony" called spellbreaker which is mainly good for the short lived bubble and boring to play otherwise is lauded like a little god. My Ranger puts out a lot more damage to a lot more people than a spellbreaker can and yes it can reach those spots nobody else can. Ranger may be scorned in many other servers but at least on my server we KNOW how to make good use of them since as most people know... we don't JUST do fights! ... and even in fights I kill a LOT.

    You also failed to mention that your ranger doesnt cast WoD, which massively removed enemy boons, hence allowing the squad to bomb and kill a substantial portion of the enemy zerg. You also failed to mention that spellbreaker offers mass cc, more boon removal than a ranger. The dps part is at the very least laughable, cause a spellbreaker with the above mentioned skillset offers waaaaaaaay more in the blob than you. And if dps is the issue, play weaver.

    wod is so easy to move out of it’s laughable. I don’t say Ranger is better in a zerg though, but it IS less boring as regardless of the negative emotes it still does kill a lot of enemy. In other words it’s not as useless as people keep saying and for zergs doing more than just fighting it’s essential imo.

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    Yes, it's pretty funny to me.. the mostly "one trick pony" called spellbreaker which is mainly good for the short lived bubble and boring to play otherwise is lauded like a
    little god. My Ranger puts out a lot more damage to a lot more people than a spellbreaker can and yes it can reach those spots nobody else can. Ranger may be scorned > in many other servers but at least on my server we KNOW how to make good use of them since as most people know... we don't JUST do fights! ... and even in fights I kill > a LOT.

    A squad has to dodge out of Winds.
    A squad doesn't have to dodge out of LB 2 or 5

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:

    @Voltekka.2375 said:

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Henry.5713 said:
    Asking why rangers aren't wanted in WvW blobbing is like asking why a pickup isn't wanted in F1 racing. They may have many uses outside of this racing squad but they will never be able to properly compete in said environment.

    But the pickup truck can still win when you got F1 drivers saying they dont care about the race and they're only there to dragrace against each other in the pit, some driving in circles and others stopping every 20m to get out and build obstacles for F1 cars that pickup trucks just drive over.

    As a sidenote we did have a pretty amusing situation yesterday. Before the raid its only zerg classes/meta builds everything else will get kicked, during the raid we had a situation where some said "yeah only rangers can hit that AC" and the commander went "can all our rangers hit that?"...

    Yes, it's pretty funny to me.. the mostly "one trick pony" called spellbreaker which is mainly good for the short lived bubble and boring to play otherwise is lauded like a little god. My Ranger puts out a lot more damage to a lot more people than a spellbreaker can and yes it can reach those spots nobody else can. Ranger may be scorned in many other servers but at least on my server we KNOW how to make good use of them since as most people know... we don't JUST do fights! ... and even in fights I kill a LOT.

    You also failed to mention that your ranger doesnt cast WoD, which massively removed enemy boons, hence allowing the squad to bomb and kill a substantial portion of the enemy zerg. You also failed to mention that spellbreaker offers mass cc, more boon removal than a ranger. The dps part is at the very least laughable, cause a spellbreaker with the above mentioned skillset offers waaaaaaaay more in the blob than you. And if dps is the issue, play weaver.

    wod is so easy to move out of it’s laughable. I don’t say Ranger is better in a zerg though, but it IS less boring as regardless of the negative emotes it still does kill a lot of enemy. In other words it’s not as useless as people keep saying and for zergs doing more than just fighting it’s essential imo.

    Uhm... I dont know which server youre on, but if you want to see how essential ranger is in blobs (compared to spellbreaker) , have a look at Vabbi 's ranger build for blobs.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.