Open world: Mobs moving/disappearing (client sync issue?)

Anyone else seeing this? In summary - NPC mobs sometimes disappear or shift location as I near them.

For the last few days I've been running around on a mid-level Revenant in open world, frequently using Phase Traversal as a closing move to pick off mobs I pass along the way for XP. About half a dozen times so far I've used the skill, and noticed as I closed that either my target or a nearby mob I had my eye on as a next target has either moved position or even simply vanished (and we're not talking mobs with stealth abilities here - they've been all sorts of things). Just now I attempted to close with a Moose in Dredgehaunt Cliffs. The skill appeared to execute fine (Phase Traversal graphics are a slide from place to place, not a blink, so I'd notice if I were displaying as going to the "wrong" location), and I arrived where I expected to be - only to find that the Moose had "magically" blinked several feet sideways and wasn't in melee range.

I've not seen it happen with mobs until I get close to them; I've checked my ping when it happens and it's invariably showing as being in the sub-60 area; and I haven't seen any of the usual signs of a client sync failure (such as other players seeming to run in a straight line and then blink elsewhere as the client catches up). But whatever's going on, it's disconcerting and somewhat breaks immersion when it happens.

Ping has nothing to do with what you describe.What you describe seems to me to be related to your PC, or at least it is only on your game client, and this probably comes from PL (Lost Pack).

Basically you can have a connection to 1.21 GigoBytes (without going back in the future) and have a ping to 1 ms and have connection problem on 10% and more packets of data sent and received from the server are lost.

Your connection would be like Sonic going fast, very fast in 60 fps but magnifying all the rings.

Try to test your connection with a traceroute that will tell you if there are any data losses.

Archived