Need WvW legendary weapons

@yoni.7015 said:There are already legendary weapons in the game.

Well he's probably referring to legendary armor since that is obtainable via WvW but that is not nearly the same as legendary weapons. So I also don't see reason to do this. Legendary weapons are a real pain to get but it's fair in that sense and I think it would upset a great deal of people if they did what the OP is asking for.

I mean the obsidian weapons are pvp/wvw unique to the game type, about as close as were going to get to game type specific weapons I think. Honestly was surprised when they came out with the armor sets for wvw and pvp. Never know what the future holds but at this point in time I just don't see it and don't see an implementation that would be a healthy way for it to happen.

@"Obtena.7952" said:So you want a path to upgrade Ascended to Legendary with no investment in materials? I don't think you understand one of the purposes of Legendary gear.

Legendary Wvw gear (armor) already needs the gift of condensed might & magic materials. It serves as the same gold sink.

1st gen Legendary weapons aren't accountbound though, so this isn't a huge deal.

If you want to make it a difficult WvW player only weapon, require "Ultimate Dominator" title or every single WvW title besides Ultimate dominator. It's a far better approach than rank since some players farmed EoTM.

For example if you replace Gift of Exploration in the 1st gen recipe with a new requirement of talking to the backpiece guy (Legendary Commander War Razor) to get a Gift of War weaponmastery or whatever you want to call it you open a ton of possible requirements.

Using existing legendary WvW armor recipe it would be a precursor plus:Gift of War Prosperity (Gift of Battle , 15 Mystic Clovers , Gift of condensed magic, condensed might)Gift of War Prowess (1095 skirmish tickets, cube of stabilized dark energy , 50 spirit shards , 50 obsidian shards)Gift of War Dedication (500 badges of honor, 250 testimonies of heroics, 100 spirit shards, 250 memory of battle)This isn't inline with 2nd gen legendary pricing so the precursor needs to be around 1000g in materials (preferably the ones that drop in WvW heavy loot bags).

@Infusion.7149 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:So you want a path to upgrade Ascended to Legendary with no investment in materials? I don't think you understand one of the purposes of Legendary gear.

Legendary Wvw gear (armor) already needs the gift of condensed might & magic materials. It serves as the same gold sink.

1st gen Legendary weapons aren't accountbound though, so this isn't a huge deal.

If you want to make it a difficult WvW player only weapon, require "Ultimate Dominator" title or every single WvW title besides Ultimate dominator. It's a far better approach than rank since some players farmed EoTM.

For example if you replace Gift of Exploration in the 1st gen recipe with a new requirement of talking to the backpiece guy (Legendary Commander War Razor) to get a Gift of War weaponmastery or whatever you want to call it you open a ton of possible requirements.

Using existing legendary WvW armor recipe it would be a precursor plus:Gift of War Prosperity (Gift of Battle , 15 Mystic Clovers , Gift of condensed magic, condensed might)Gift of War Prowess (1095 skirmish tickets, cube of stabilized dark energy , 50 spirit shards , 50 obsidian shards)Gift of War Dedication (500 badges of honor, 250 testimonies of heroics, 100 spirit shards, 250 memory of battle)This isn't inline with 2nd gen legendary pricing so the precursor needs to be around 1000g in materials (preferably the ones that drop in WvW heavy loot bags).

OS farming got a lot of people their UD title. No biggie there, as well.

Most of the second generation legendary weapons require no pve, they may as well be wvw legendaries.

I wish I had skirmish tickets to burn, I'm still working on my second legendary armor set.

Adding material boxes like you can get with laurels makes more sense if we desperately need a ticket sink. Skins and armor have all my tickets spent for the next year at my going rate.

@Hesacon.8735 said:Most of the second generation legendary weapons require no pve, they may as well be wvw legendaries.

I wish I had skirmish tickets to burn, I'm still working on my second legendary armor set.

Adding material boxes like you can get with laurels makes more sense if we desperately need a ticket sink. Skins and armor have all my tickets spent for the next year at my going rate.

This is completely false. Yea you can make the Precursor with just materials you can buy from the TP, but the items for the legendary itself takes map completion (gift of the fleet etc), and map currency (gift of the nuhoch etc). If you go the desert route instead then theres still Funerary Incense.

@Infusion.7149 said:

Sure, I get that ... it appears the OP doesn't.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:OS farming got a lot of people their UD title. No biggie there, as well.Was just using that an example of something that would be WVW oriented.

If you look at gw2efficiency unlock statistics it's really low compared to the other titles regardless of if people farmed it.https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.category=13

Realm Avenger (Ultimate Dominator) = 641 of 197,814 (0.324%)A Pack Dolyak's Best Friend (Leader of the Yak) = 4,831 of 197,814 (2.442%)Walls Get in the Way (Camp Counselor) = 5,397 of 197,814 (2.728%)All We See, We Own (Plays for Keeps) = 7,513 of 197,814 (3.798%)

Archived