New Spvp map suggestions

James.1065

I love spvp dispite all its saltiness, unbalance and other worts.

However, there is a problem of variety of maps that has to be addressed. All of the maps currently revolve around capturing 3 node points and holding them. Besides becoming super repetitive, another problem is that this type of mechanic inherently gives certain aoe Condi spam classes a huge advantage.

I suggest there should be 2 more game types introduced:

A. 5v5 death match (lasts 6 minutes. no objectives other than kill the enemy team as many times as possible. Whichever team has more kills and less deaths win.) X4 different maps to chose from

B. 5v5 Capture the flag and return it to your base. First team to cap 3 flags win. X4 different maps to choose from

The above games must be combined with the top 4x played existing "hold 3 points" maps.

When choosing a map screen pops up, 1 of each game type map is randomly given as a choice for you to choose from, so there is always a choice of 3 differebt game types and a chance that any of the games types will be played in your next fight. I think that would be good fun

Comment on a new game type you would like to introduce!

I like the idea of adding some different modes to the pvp choices. I also keep thinking back to the innumerable posts about why don't we have more maps (not trying to argue if it is fact or opinions). I know that we recently (almost?) got one (it being debugged and what not) but why not add to the pool of growing maps? Maybe it's because there'd be too many resources going into developing it? Why not tap into the willing pool of designers/creativity in the GW2 community and have a Design a new pvp map? Make the requirements whatever the requirements normal developers have to provide, my best guesses: 3 control points, reasonably mirrored on each side, the bonus objective needs to be unique, and then come up with some prizes for the winning contestant group. Benefit would include: 1) cheap labor (minus the prizes); 2) a pool of map designs that if not good enough can just be added on; 3) access to new ideas on bonus objectives

@Zenix.6198 said:we already had deathmatch in the game once ....and as far as I remember everybody hated it (for good reason).Add the powercreep of 2 expansions to that and I'm fairly certain people will still hate it.

That's is so strange to hear, because the way half the people play seems like no one is interested in capping and recapping nodes and more interested in running around like headless chickens killing things

@"James.1065" said:I love spvp dispite all its saltiness, unbalance and other worts.

However, there is a problem of variety of maps that has to be addressed. All of the maps currently revolve around capturing 3 node points and holding them. Besides becoming super repetitive, another problem is that this type of mechanic inherently gives certain aoe Condi spam classes a huge advantage.

I suggest there should be 2 more game types introduced:

A. 5v5 death match (lasts 6 minutes. no objectives other than kill the enemy team as many times as possible. Whichever team has more kills and less deaths win.) X4 different maps to chose from

B. 5v5 Capture the flag and return it to your base. First team to cap 3 flags win. X4 different maps to choose from

The above games must be combined with the top 4x played existing "hold 3 points" maps.

When choosing a map screen pops up, 1 of each game type map is randomly given as a choice for you to choose from, so there is always a choice of 3 differebt game types and a chance that any of the games types will be played in your next fight. I think that would be good fun

Comment on a new game type you would like to introduce!No, mixing gamemodes with diferent meta is always a bad idea, conquest have specific roles, DM have others and capture the flag others mixing qs of those gamemodes will ruin pvp and matches will be determined before start@Zenix.6198 said:we already had deathmatch in the game once ....and as far as I remember everybody hated it (for good reason).Add the powercreep of 2 expansions to that and I'm fairly certain people will still hate it.despite the bad mechanic of the courtyard that makes matches very snowballables, the main reason people hated courtyard is that was a farming mode for teams prebuilded for the mode againts pugs/teams queuing for conquest same as champions dawn when was in standard q

@"Zenix.6198" said:we already had deathmatch in the game once ....and as far as I remember everybody hated it (for good reason).Add the powercreep of 2 expansions to that and I'm fairly certain people will still hate it.

Deathmatch wasn't inherently the problem. They kept the game with infinite respawns until a score was reached instead of making a more WoW-Arena style of game where there are no respawns and a team wins once they wipe the other team.

This made it terrible because you'd often have games where one team wins the opening fight and just continually farm the losing team as they respawn one by one until the time ran out or the score hit 500.

It's a simple fix to account for that design, but it was probably easy for the devs to just copy the current game design and then remove the capture points in order to call it "deathmatch".

@Glider.5792 said:Just give us a 2v2 in ranked already... thats it...

I agree!!! Bravo

But whats left of the community will ditch 5v5 circlequest and all the time put into those maps will be for nothing. Hince never ever ever ever ever will happen. We are stuck with the same old 5v5 duo circlequest. More pve rewards bots, win traders and afks then actual players these days.

@megilandil.7506 said:

No, mixing gamemodes with diferent meta is always a bad idea, conquest have specific roles, DM have others and capture the flag others mixing qs of those gamemodes will ruin pvp and matches will be determined before start

You are absolutely mistaken. What makes spvp bad at the moment is the repetitive game mode of capping 3 nodes and holding them on every map. You can win every map without using the map mechanic at all because they only make a significant difference in super close games. So every game is the same

The reason to have a que that gives the players 3 different game types choices means that every game will be different based on votes before the game starts. If cap the flag pops you would have to change your strategy and playstyle compared to if a map with conquest pops or DM - making player adapt to the map and game mode that gets voted in to be played, and keeping players on their toes as roles would have to change depending on what map gets played.

@James.1065 said:

@Zenix.6198 said:we already had deathmatch in the game once ....and as far as I remember everybody hated it (for good reason).Add the powercreep of 2 expansions to that and I'm fairly certain people will still hate it.

That's is so strange to hear, because the way half the people play seems like no one is interested in capping and recapping nodes and more interested in running around like headless chickens killing things

It was hated because it was put into conquest queue, the deathmatch itself was glorious.

There's also ego problems.. people who are great at +1 or +2 didnt fare so well in team fighting environment.

@James.1065 said:

No, mixing gamemodes with diferent meta is always a bad idea, conquest have specific roles, DM have others and capture the flag others mixing qs of those gamemodes will ruin pvp and matches will be determined before start

You are absolutely mistaken. What makes spvp bad at the moment is the repetitive game mode of capping 3 nodes and holding them on every map. You can win every map without using the map mechanic at all because they only make a significant difference in super close games. So every game is the same

The reason to have a que that gives the players 3 different game types choices means that every game will be different based on votes before the game starts. If cap the flag pops you would have to change your strategy and playstyle compared to if a map with conquest pops or DM - making player adapt to the map and game mode that gets voted in to be played, and keeping players on their toes as roles would have to change depending on what map gets played.

remember that there is no build templates, yu have to manualy change your build to new environement or have toons prepared for each gamemode, mixing gamemodes will be pure shit, and by votation is that made the people hate it, when introduced was time of full teams mixed in q that full voted logically for the gamemode they were build making horrendous farms to unprevented pugs

Archived