Judgment Ignores Roleplay? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Judgment Ignores Roleplay?

Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 21, 2019 in Lore

The bird that helps you recall lost memories in Judgment starts with your level 1 tutorial. Does that mean your upbringing, love life and any roleplay outside of the main stories is less important/non-existent?

Comments

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

are you serious?

how is anet supposed to program in any RP you've made up?

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2019

@derd.6413 said:
    are you serious?

how is anet supposed to program in any RP you've made up?

Well, the upbringing is decided upon creation of your character, and it influences story quests... so they've done it before.

• Aaron Ansari.1604Aaron Ansari.1604 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2019

Eh... yes and no, and even then, it depends on the race. For humans you get your social class and a handful of old acquaintances, for asura you get your college, mentor, and current krewe, and for charr you get your legion and current warband, but none of those comes even close to painting a coherent picture of your upbringing. That takes filling in the space for yourself. Norn get nothing except 'I had a vision of this one spirit as a kid'. Sylvari are the only ones where we're given a complete(ish) picture, and that's because the sylvari PC doesn't have a past before the start of the game.

It probably is true that early personal story will never have a sizable impact going forward, since we were all melded into one Commander way back at launch, but even before that there was nothing that touched on love life or roleplay outside of the main stories. That ball is firmly in the court of the individual players, and it's always been seperate from the story that ANet writes.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.