Since I doubt we'll get a full rework...

Kuulpb.5412

Greetings Fellow Forum goers,

Since I doubt we'll get a full necro rework, as it's WAY too much hassle ( even though e.g. if they made staff a melee for reaper instead of adding GS so I could use a scythe outside of shroud it'd be amazing), I feel a few skill tweaks MIGHT be helpful.

Since I cannot think of every trait and every tweak in 10 seconds, I will just list one I thought of that prompted me to write this ( since most of my other tweaks are either too drastic like making axe 1200 range, or even Melee) or too subtle, like changing the speed at which necros swing a greatsword.

My Current Tweak:

Scourge - Sand Savant: Instead of Making you spawn 1 shade that is 3x as effective, Make it Base: Spawn 1 shade, 5 targets etc ( what the trait currently does), Then make the trait "Spawn 3 shades with smaller radius/target increase count cooldown by 33%, but increase damage by 5% per shade ( max 15%)

Meaning at BASE scourge gets full benefit of Blood as Sand, and Sand Sage from one shade, meaning they are more supportive, and to become more damaging, you reduce the survivability by 10% base ( 1 shade is 5% instead of 15%), but increase damage by 5%, so if you use all 3 shades you're stronger than base, but you have more downtime as the cooldown on shade is higher, this would, in my opinion, let people choose other grandmaster traits more often, as support scourges 99% of the time choose sand savant, when having the boon application to themselves might be better, or their torment/burning trait, Since all would then have their benefits ( 15% damage, Torment 33% stronger+burn, or lots of boons when stripping) Scourge would be more of a "scourge" to enemies.

Thoughts?

-In all honesty, I think its endurance that needs changing, you can literally spend 30 seconds watching someone dodge-rolling around the whole fight, which makes the use of any skill practically useless. I've literally gotten to the point I'm just spamming auto-attack for a win.-Also , I want a trait that gives me access to a new skill like mirage and DE lol.

@"Rivid.9628" said:-In all honesty, I think its endurance that needs changing, you can literally spend 30 seconds watching someone dodge-rolling around the whole fight, which makes the use of any skill practically useless. I've literally gotten to the point I'm just spamming auto-attack for a win.-Also , I want a trait that gives me access to a new skill like mirage and DE lol.

I don't know if necros can get that unless they get like "Shadow shroud" or something, but we do have Devouring Darkness ( sceptre 3 augment ) from curses line.

@"Aplethoraof.2643" said:We really need a necromancer suggestion (others should have this too) metathread or something :-3

IMO, what we need is:1) A better staff auto.I don't think it's necessary to touch staff auto, or at least not right now. However they change it at this point is bound to either feel out of place or unsatisfactory.

2) A replacement for the Lich Form elite.Indeed!

3) A Death Magic rework.Well, no. I think DM is almost there and now only need minor adjustments.

4) Good retaliation access (very fitting for a necromancer), possibly dodge/blocks for a future e-spec.Is retaliation really fitting for the necromancer? The thing with the necromancer is that what fit the profession is mostly conditions. Also, retaliation is associated to "light" while the necromancer heavily dwell into "darkness". Dodge and block aren't exactly fitting to the necromancer's philosophy, however, transfering incoming damages/effects to a "minion" seem a lot more fitting. From my point of view, GW2's necromancer would rather discard it's ability to dodge than improve it.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:

4) Good retaliation access (very fitting for a necromancer), possibly dodge/blocks for a future e-spec.Is retaliation really fitting for the necromancer? The thing with the necromancer is that what fit the profession is mostly conditions. Also, retaliation is associated to "light" while the necromancer heavily dwell into "darkness". Dodge and block aren't exactly fitting to the necromancer's philosophy, however, transfering incoming damages/effects to a "minion" seem a lot more fitting. From my point of view, GW2's necromancer would rather discard it's ability to dodge than improve it.

Retaliation has nothing to do with "light." You get it from light auras, sure, but the idea is "You hit me, you regret it" is not affiliated with light at all. On a Necromancer, it's very much a spite thing ("You dared to hit me?"). Thankfully, the one source we do still have is aptly named Spiteful Spirit.

@"Aplethoraof.2643" said:We really need a necromancer suggestion (others should have this too) metathread or something :-3

IMO, what we need is:1) A better staff auto.2) A replacement for the Lich Form elite.3) A Death Magic rework.4) Good retaliation access (very fitting for a necromancer), possibly dodge/blocks for a future e-spec.

I've stated my idea for staff changes already :D ( no-one commented :( ).I think Lich form is CURRENTLY ok because I have NO IDEA what to replace it with that will fit ( must be spectral).Death magic is "fine" because again, no ideas.I think a new spec ( my vampire hunter idea) would be good for retaliation, but again other than my own idea, no idea :D

@Dadnir.5038 said:

IMO, what we need is:1) A better staff auto.I don't think it's necessary to touch staff auto, or at least not right now. However they change it at this point is bound to either feel out of place or unsatisfactory.

2) A replacement for the Lich Form elite.Indeed!

3) A Death Magic rework.Well, no. I think DM is almost there and now only need minor adjustments.

Retaliation could be instead of typical "magical" retaliation, they could do damage via bone retaliation making their retaliation bleed ( with a specific trait)

@"Dadnir.5038" said:

Retaliation would be a good call-back to Spiteful Spirit, Insidious Parasite, Soul Leech, Spoil Victor. . .those skills and gave the necromancer the ability to punish its attackers by making them take damage.

Confusion might be more apt. Maybe some sort of combo of confusion and retaliation usage for an e-spec.

Losing their dodges in exchange for something else might not be off the table either. Since they've already done it with Mirage, they might be willing to do it. Maybe something that uses a part of your life-force (as well as vigor) to reflect an attack, or something, instead of dodging it.

Or maybe something that makes you take less damage (say, 30%) from the next hit, and makes your attacker take the damage you would have taken. Of course, dodge is also used to get out of stunlocks so maybe it could be a stunbreak as well (with a trait) give a slight movement speed increase for a second or two.

Archived