Feedback: Guild Wars 2 Mac 64-Bit Client - Page 15 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

191011121315>

Comments

• I believe Jon Olson is no longer at ANET. I'd love to be proven wrong, but his linkIN profile says looking for new opportunities.

• DrMORO.4627DrMORO.4627 Member ✭✭

@Sonicbug.7341 said:
    I believe Jon Olson is no longer at ANET. I'd love to be proven wrong, but his linkIN profile says looking for new opportunities.

I wonder who is the next/present lead for all things Mac-related at GW2 HQ?
    Peek out to say Hi! to everyone?

• So I'm having an issue with my airpods not connecting to the client. My other Bluetooth earphones work perfectly, but I don't like using them for gaming given they tend to isolate me from the rest of the world and the airpods I can still hear outside sounds, but the game isn't disturbing my roommate. Is there something that I'm missing or is this a bug?

Sorry if this has already been discussed I did a quick search of the forums already.

• Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2019

It wasn't in the update notes, but beetle adventures are not crashing for me any more. I have not tested other adventures, but no reason to suppose it wasn't the same bug affecting all.

Thanks, Mac team!

• Yeah, I just tested out a Thunderhead Peak adventure at no more crashes! Thanks whoever is left of the Mac team!

• @Catfish Jon.7038 said:
    I'm getting "Connection error(s) detected." error.
    This is the third occurrence. The first time I fixed it by updating my DNS server list.
    The second time it just started working after a few weeks away.
    Home network works (wife is playing GW2 right now on her PC - same network).
    GW2 is already an exception in my Firewall.
    My DNS settings have not changed.
    Traceroute fails on about the 12th hop.

Anyone got a fix? Bought Path of Fire a week ago and I really don't like being shut out of the game.

How do you update a DNS server? I'm not tech savvy and after speaking with a GM or dev, they pointed me to a website about trying to fix a connection or something to their server. I accidentally deleted the kitten thing and can't pull back up the email. >.<

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jadjuka.6521 said:

@Catfish Jon.7038 said:
    I'm getting "Connection error(s) detected." error.
    This is the third occurrence. The first time I fixed it by updating my DNS server list.
    The second time it just started working after a few weeks away.
    Home network works (wife is playing GW2 right now on her PC - same network).
    GW2 is already an exception in my Firewall.
    My DNS settings have not changed.
    Traceroute fails on about the 12th hop.

Anyone got a fix? Bought Path of Fire a week ago and I really don't like being shut out of the game.

How do you update a DNS server? I'm not tech savvy and after speaking with a GM or dev, they pointed me to a website about trying to fix a connection or something to their server. I accidentally deleted the kitten thing and can't pull back up the email. >.<

If you are not tech savvy you probably do not have to worry about the dns server as it would only be on your computer if you deliberately put it there. You MIGHT have put something in your hosts file in the etc directory, google "hosts file" and "mac os" (or "osx") for more information.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• @Aruixe.8956 said:
    Same here, random crashes every 20 to 30 minutes, it won't allow me to continue in the story mode because I usually crash by the end of an episode :disappointed:.

Logs are pretty cryptic:

--> Crash <--
    Signal: Segmentation fault: 11 (addr=0x0000000000000000)
    App: Gw64
    Pid: 63841
    BaseAddr: 0x0000000000010000
    ProgramId: 101
    Build: 95112
    When: 2019-02-08T14:15:54Z
    Uptime: 00:00:04
    Flags: 0x0

Exactly what's happening to me now. Same error. Did you figure it out? The game is simply unplayable. I DC after 5 mins max. Too bad...Anet is losing a lot of gem purchases haha.

• Nilbot.7183Nilbot.7183 Member
    edited April 6, 2019

I think I have found the way to both reproduce a mouse issue and narrowing down to what caused it. The mouse issue I'm describing is if you use external USB mouse to pan in map mode (or minimap corner too), the entire experience is very stuttery and slow. It only happens if you are using external USB mouse, if you are using magictouch pad the slowness goes away. It's like playing different game, all the stuttery are gone.

So I think it might be because there is different code governing whether the mouse input come from external mouse and the input come from touchpad. or maybe there is additional translation code from external code to touchpad code. Somewhere that translation has made the panning so slow. Feels like an order of magnitude slower. It might help you to pin-point where that bug is.

P.S. I would like to add that even in normal mode, touchpad panning or turning seemed more smooth

• grewer.4056grewer.4056 Member
    edited April 11, 2019

Dear all,
    I just tried to install GW2 on my new MPB.
    But everytime I try to enter the game the game freezes. Only thing I see is the name of my character and its level etc from the char select screen.

I already tried the repair command but it freezes also after a few seconds.

Any hints or tips how to fix this?

Greetings
    Grewer

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

Since this is the thread for the only mac client could someone sticky it? Pretty please? Some of us do read this still.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.