Feedback: Guild Wars 2 Mac 64-Bit Client - Page 18 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

1121314151618>

Comments

• JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2019

Edit: Never mind I read the post wrong.

• @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    I wanted to share an update about the issues that some of you have had with the Mac client and MacOS Catalina: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/87330/mac-users-issues-with-the-current-guild-wars-2-client-under-macos-catalina/p1?new=1

Thank you! =) Finally some communication and confirmation that the issue is going to be fixed! PRAISE JOKO!

• @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    I wanted to share an update about the issues that some of you have had with the Mac client and MacOS Catalina: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/87330/mac-users-issues-with-the-current-guild-wars-2-client-under-macos-catalina/p1?new=1

Well that came unexpected! thanks for your effort guys <3

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

SO happy to see this in the release notes: "MAC CLIENT
    Fixed a 32-bit deprecation warning message on the 64-bit native Mac client.
    Added MacOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility."

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• so, how is it now? anyone could say something?

• DrMORO.4627DrMORO.4627 Member ✭✭
    edited September 17, 2019

@Menadena.7482 said:
    SO happy to see this in the release notes: "MAC CLIENT
    Fixed a 32-bit deprecation warning message on the 64-bit native Mac client.
    Added MacOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility."

Sooooo, thumbs UP, or down?

Again, why are they posting this stuff elsewhere and not in the thread they were sending everyone to?

• Anyone else constantly crashing? Or is it just me?

• @Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 said:
    Anyone else constantly crashing? Or is it just me?

I was yesterday but the crashes seem to be gone. However, I'm getting a lot of dropped frames since the patch and now pvp is like a slideshow.

• @Menadena.7482 said:
    Again, why are they posting this stuff elsewhere and not in the thread they were sending everyone to?

Because not every common player is going to automatically check an ancient thread. Those other threads are in the announcement section where more players will see it.
    Anyway, thanks for the update ANET. It's appreciated.

@Sonicbug.7341 said:

@Menadena.7482 said:

Because not every common player is going to automatically check an ancient thread. Those other threads are in the announcement section where more players will see it.
    Anyway, thanks for the update ANET. It's appreciated.

So where should we post? Whenever someone has an issue on a mac they are directed to this thread. There used to be a whole subboard for the mac but they squeezed it into 1 thread now.

• Fixed it for me on Catalina public beta. Thanks!

• Now that the crashing is fixed, new client still works fine on Yosemite. ^^

• gen.6807gen.6807 Member ✭✭

Anyone else get's crashes regularly after recent update? Before I had no problems with client and began to experience those shortly after changes went live. Using Mojave on MacBook Pro 2017.

• Anyone seeing really messed up graphics after upgrading to MacOS Catalina? My game now looks like this whenever I'm in any fullscreen mode:
    IMG_20191004_162515.jpg Oddly enough everything works in windowed mode.

• Hi everyone, I'm a new Mac user, and trying to download the game. I downloaded GW2setup-64.dmg. I'm using safari, and my MacBook Pro is on Mojave. When I double click the GW2setup-64.dmg file, a window comes up with a graphic for Guild Wars 2 64-bit.app then a strange arrow pointing right to a graphic of the Applications folder. If I click the GW2 graphic, the download screen briefly splashes, but goes away. Can anyone help me out with why it goes away immediately and doesn't start to download?

@van.2938 said:
    Hi everyone, I'm a new Mac user, and trying to download the game. I downloaded GW2setup-64.dmg. I'm using safari, and my MacBook Pro is on Mojave. When I double click the GW2setup-64.dmg file, a window comes up with a graphic for Guild Wars 2 64-bit.app then a strange arrow pointing right to a graphic of the Applications folder. If I click the GW2 graphic, the download screen briefly splashes, but goes away. Can anyone help me out with why it goes away immediately and doesn't start to download?

It is not an installer and you can not run it from there. Drag the GW2 icon to the application folder icon. Then click on the version you copied to the application folder.

• Sottises.8034Sottises.8034 Member
    edited October 8, 2019

Does anyone else have awful stuttering and pop-in trying to play this game? Some later areas in the game such as the Crystal Desert are nearly (but not actually) unplayable because of the sheer time it takes for the game to catch up and load things in. For some reason choosing different graphical settings doesn't affect it one bit.

My system is:
    Mac Pro 5,1
    macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Intel Xeon W3690 @ 3.46GHz (+Boost)
    24GB ECC DDR3 RAM @ 1333MHz
    AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB VRAM
    GW2 is installed on: ADATA XPG 500GB NVMe stick (Installed in a PCI-E x4 slot)

Going from an SATA 3 SSD to an NVMe card didn't help it one bit. Character or environment settings set high or low, it's like its not even trying to use all of the RAM available. or VRAM, or even the full throughput of the NVMe card. Resolution or closing other apps doesn't affect it either, it's been like this for months.
    It might also be a side effect of the single-threaded / single-core game engine, but I can only get 17 or less FPS in crowded areas when its like this, but its capable of going 30-60 as soon as I turn the camera away.

• Hi all. MacOs Catalina has been released last night. Official first release!. Any results sofar? Please share your experiences, issues and whatever else you feel of interest to community. Include info about hardware if possible.

• Not working..!

No idea how to post an image. Took a screenshot. Basically,

"Guild Wars 2 64-bit" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

• Bugs since updating to official release Catalina yesterday. Game freezes so when i try to force quit, the game unfreezes. Soon as I escape from the screen thinking that it is working (not force quitting), it freezes again. Got my dailies done by having the force quit panel open lol. Also getting graphical glitches like someone posted looking like a rectangular checker board.

@Vork.6019 said:
    Not working..!

"Guild Wars 2 64-bit" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Doh! I can not upgrade my OS yet (work SW on all my machines that is still in testing for Catalina) but it sounds like they just recompiled for 64 bit and did not actually test it. Apple (as usual) tightened the screws on security once again. There might be an option in the system preferences to allow unidentified developers or unsigned apps.

I started https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89722/catalina-mac-issues/p1?new=1 to hopefully wave someone down that their fix did not work as advertised.

• @Vork.6019 said:
    Not working..!

Before fiddling around with system settings try finding where Guild Wars 2 is in the Applications folder in Finder and right-clicking and clicking "Open". On Mojave this semi-bypassed Gatekeeper default settings, perhaps its the same on Catalina?

• @duanstar.7369 said:
    Anyone seeing really messed up graphics after upgrading to MacOS Catalina? My game now looks like this whenever I'm in any fullscreen mode:

Same here.

• Can you guys help me? What do I need to do to have GW2 work on macOS Catalina.
    Error message:

• @Gyro.9182 said:

@duanstar.7369 said:
    Anyone seeing really messed up graphics after upgrading to MacOS Catalina? My game now looks like this whenever I'm in any fullscreen mode:

Same here.

Same here on my 2018 MacBook Pro. Thanks for the tip about running it in a window. That seems to be the only way I can play.

• Gyro.9182Gyro.9182 Member
    edited October 11, 2019

I currently have no problems on my MacBook Pro if the game is played in "Window" mode.
    It also seems to work without issues on my iMac 5K (late 2015) in regular (full screen) mode. I am not sure what causes the difference, although there is of course a clear difference in "power" between both computers and especially their graphics cards.

• Ol Nik.2518Ol Nik.2518 Member ✭✭✭

@joey.4732 said:
    Can you guys help me? What do I need to do to have GW2 work on macOS Catalina.
    Error message:

Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General. At the bottom of the window, you will see a dialogue. Choose 'Open anyway'. That should work.
    You might need to download the latest version from the ArenaNet website if you did not update your game after the 17th September.

I have not tried Onyx for Catalina, yet. But in the versions for previous Mac OS' it had an option to remove security restrictions for all applications. Onyx is a system tweaker, please, use only as a last resort and/or if know what you are doing (you should not be able to break the system, but you can compromise security a bit).

• Hastings.9653Hastings.9653 Member
    edited October 14, 2019

I've recently been getting back into this game and having a lot of fun, but my framerate is absolutely terrible. I finally found out that the Mac client (and the Windows client under Boot Camp) seems to be unable to access eGPUs! Attached is a little evidence of that. There's probably no chance for a fix, but I thought I would at least make people aware of this since some of us are stuck on Mac Minis + Macbooks for work :)

edited October 14, 2019

@Hastings.9653 said:
    I've recently been getting back into this game and having a lot of fun, but my framerate is absolutely terrible. I finally found out that the Mac client (and the Windows client under Boot Camp) seems to be unable to access eGPUs! Attached is a little evidence of that. There's probably no chance for a fix, but I thought I would at least make people aware of this since some of us are stuck on Mac Minis + Macbooks for work :)

Eek! My next mac is going to be a mini and I had planned on using an egpu because of the lack of a real gpu in the mini. Did it work with egpus before the OS upgrade?

edit: I assume you have guild wars set to use the egpu, right?

• I have a 2017 27" iMac with the Radeon Pro 580. I installed Catalina a few days ago, and besides having to Force quit GW2 every time, the game seems to run just fine.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.