i like the new description when you create a ranger

anduriell.6280

please correct me if i'm wring but the new description for the ranger is this one:

Favors Ranged • Pet Companion • NaturalistRangers tame a variety of pet companions to complement their fighting style. Rounding out their arsenal with traps, nature spirits, and survival skills, they have the tools to take on any type of foe.

What do you think?

Traps ? What is that ? :)

Beside that, it looks fine.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:To be honest, I don't know why they still keep up with the "favored ranged" BS. However, overall it's pretty accurate for the current ranger.

Sure, but I think in general, most of ranger weapons/skills are ranged, which is fine. Even if right now melee/close range ranger (SBeast) is favored.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:To be honest, I don't know why they still keep up with the "favored ranged" BS. However, overall it's pretty accurate for the current ranger.

Because the majority of our weapons are ranged, LB, SB, Axe, Staff, compared to Sword, GS, Dagger.

Not to mention all of our off hands have both ranged and Melee favored abilities.

@OP I’m pretty sure that’s the same description we’ve always had, why do you think it’s new?

Blame NCSoft

Rangers are unique in their ability to succeed with the help of, or even in spite of, their environment. Nature rituals allow them to manipulate the environment to hinder their enemies, or borrow the very power of creation to heal and aid their allies. They favor long-range combat, the bow being their weapon of choice, and can be especially effective from elevated locations such as bridges and cliffs. They are the only profession with the ability to charm animals, which then accompany them on their travels and assist them in battle, gaining experience and levels over time. Rangers are also blessed with survival skills that help keep them alive by causing regeneration of health.— The Guild Wars Manuscripts

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ranger

Archived