Trade Post Taxes (n00b) Question

Kianda.1275

Hi, new player here!I played during the launch of the game and for like 2 years only 10 seconds a day (logging in for the login prize) and that's it! :DNow I've discovered that I have like 500 Mystic Coins.I don't want to sell them on the trading post, 500 Mystic Coins at 1G 20S each that's like Listing Fee 30G & Selling Fee 60G.

There is a way to avoid the trading post? There is a way to sell them to players "manually"?Again, remember that I'm a new player and I know nothing! :)

If there is no solution, I will go with the trading post then! Thank you!

Anet discourages it due to scamming. You could try advertising in map chat, but the chances are pretty good you might get scammed since you'd have to send them the coins and wait for the gold by mail. You wont get helped out by Anet if it went wrong either.

Frankly I'd go with the trading post

The GW2 Exchange is a bartering subreddit for those who are willing to take the risk to save 5-15%:https://reddit.com/r/GW2Exchange

There are some well known buyers there or you can ask the mods there to escrow the trade for you (in exchange for a modest fee, they accept the coin from the buyer, the goods from the seller and only send when they have both).

Personally, I don't think it's worth 90 gold for the hassle (let alone the risk), but plenty of people use the exchange every day.

As noted above:

• All trades there are entirely at your own risk.
  • If you get scammed, ANet won't do anything. Even the GW2 Exchange mods won't do more than add scammers to their "not recommended to trade" list.

The TP is fine, safe, efficient, trying to avoid it leaves you open to all sorts of risks.

Want to sell all those mystic coins? If you are really poor to pay the tax, do a daily for your 2g, then list/sell as many coins as those 2g allow you, once you get those sold, you can list all the rest.

Alternatively, if you are that impatient, instant sell a few coins until you have enough to pay the tax to list all the others, then list.

I really recommend listing over instant sell to maximize your profits.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:You might also wt to consider using those coins instead of selling them. Even if you are not planning to make a legendary soon (or ever) there are a lot of cool weapon skins you can get with those through the Mystic Forge. The Mystic Weapons, just for a start.

@"Kianda.1275" Bear in mind also that each of the Heart of Thorns elite specializations has a special weapon collection in the "Specialization Collections" category, and every one of them requires that you unlock a specific Mystic Weapon skin (although some skins are shared between specializations, e.g. the Mystic Staff for Bo - Daredevil - and Yggdrasil - Druid). No mystic coins, no mystic weapon skins. No mystic weapon skins, no completion of these collections.

Archived