• Hits like a truck
  • Recharges adrenaline skills
  • Blocks an attack
  • Gives stability
  • Gives resistance
  • Causes slow
  • Causes cripple
  • Probably missed something else to add

This shit is better than 90% of all elite skills. A 15 second CD (less if traited) would keep it strong but much less spammable.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Exciton.8942 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:It's absurd, and just hilariously so in WvW. In WvW spellbreakers are pretty much immortal in skirmishes. You need an actual zerg to chase them down and kill them.

WvW has durability runes. Don't even try to fight a spellbreaker there.

Not like you have an option unless you're a thief, considering NOTHING outside a thief and maybe druid with staff outruns a spellbreaker chasing you down.

@roamzero.9486 said:I would make the CD 10s across the board (WvW included), reduce the range, and make the stab/resistance it gives only apply when it hits an enemy.

There is zero reason to nerf SB in PvE(they are trash tier there) so it would only be sPvP and WvW. Reducing the range is fine but the stab and resistance have to be there to begin with otherwise you could just CC them out of it which defeats the entire purpose of the ability. A long cooldown like the OP suggests is a much better idea.

@Drekor.5217 said:

@roamzero.9486 said:I would make the CD 10s across the board (WvW included), reduce the range, and make the stab/resistance it gives only apply when it hits an enemy.

There is zero reason to nerf SB in PvE(they are trash tier there) so it would only be sPvP and WvW. Reducing the range is fine but the stab and resistance have to be there to begin with otherwise you could just CC them out of it which defeats the entire purpose of the ability. A long cooldown like the OP suggests is a much better idea.

You mean like how a warrior can signet through a guardian or mesmer block, whose block was the whole purpose of their ability?

God forbid there's counterplay. It's not like warriors needed yet more damage immunity with zero counterplay besides the dumb statement "kite the warrior" as if any class but druid or thief could kite a warrior with the ridiculous mobility they have.

Or you could dodge the counter damage? I do that frequently. I also sometimes intentionally proc it when I'm fighting a fellow Spellbreaker 1v1 just so I can dodge it and put it on CD, thus negating its damage.

It isn't instant, it has an albeit short "cast time". Its called learn to time things, not just spam. However in regards to a zerg scenario yes it is likely to just proc due to your allies attacking, but typically you can still put a lot of condi pressure and Scourge boon corrupt on the spellbreakers, of which they are very weak to.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:Or you could dodge the counter damage? I do that frequently. I also sometimes intentionally proc it when I'm fighting a fellow Spellbreaker 1v1 just so I can dodge it and put it on CD, thus negating its damage.

It isn't instant, it has an albeit short "cast time". Its called learn to time things, not just spam. However in regards to a zerg scenario yes it is likely to just proc due to your allies attacking, but typically you can still put a lot of condi pressure and Scourge boon corrupt on the spellbreakers, of which they are very weak to.

I wholehearted agree. Spellbreakers need to learn to time the counter, not spam on AOE field, clones auto and pets attack.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:Or you could dodge the counter damage? I do that frequently. I also sometimes intentionally proc it when I'm fighting a fellow Spellbreaker 1v1 just so I can dodge it and put it on CD, thus negating its damage.

Yeah, waste your dodge on a 7 sec cd skill so you can eat the burst skill or whirlwind that removes over half your health anyways since most people are not daredevils and only have 2 dodges total, one of which must be saved to dodge the stuns that set the burst skill as well.

. > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

The skill right now:

• 8 sec CD (6.5 with the right traits)
  • Unblockable Aoe CC
  • Hits like a truck
  • Recharges adrenaline skills
  • Blocks an attack
  • Gives stability
  • Gives resistance
  • Causes slow
  • Causes cripple
  • Probably missed something else to add

This kitten is better than 90% of all elite skills. A 15 second CD (less if traited) would keep it strong but much less spammable.Causing slow and cripple is a trait, not the skill itself. It gives 2 seconds of resistance, not a lot at all. Getting rid of resistance is basically killing the idea of "Spellbreaker" the class of purification so-to-speak. One can easily dodge the attack as well. And by the looks of it, I'm guessing you main thief in PvP? Thief in general has great mobility and can easily dodge burst skills of any class. Also, the Recharging of adrenaline skills is also not something new when a burst skill is landed for warrior. Warrior is in a strong place in pop right now, but it is not overpowered. I wouldn't be mad if the CD is to 10 seconds but 15? Seriously?

@Zenith.7301 said:

Yeah, waste your dodge on a 7 sec cd skill so you can eat the burst skill or whirlwind that removes over half your health anyways since most people are not daredevils and only have 2 dodges total, one of which must be saved to dodge the stuns that set the burst skill as well.

Would you rather get hit by the potential 5k damage while also getting interrupted and adding to the Warrior's Adrenal Health stack, or would you rather just take a flat damage amount that at least doesn't interrupt your skills? There is counterplay to it, you just need to figure it out. I've had thieves just completely out kite me and have entirely avoided proccing my Full Counter. I've also had Scourges just repeatedly strip away the pulsing Resistance from Berserker Stance and also just clear the resistance from Featherfoot Grace.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:Most other professions have similarly loaded profession mechanics, they are just spread across multiple skills.

Like photon forge gives engineer much more than FC, it's just evened among the 5 extra skills you get when activating the forge.

Devil's advocate, bundling it all up in a single skill means the SB only needs to hit you once to deal all this shit. When its spread out to 4-5 profession skills like most other classes, then they would have to land 4-5 skills on you in order to proc that much.

LOL! " as a fellow spellbreaker"... Yup. Try to switch to other class, then bring your thoughts here. Ofc spellbreaker vs spellbreaker u can proc FC, because you can pay it back! Btw scourge is broken too (in PvP) so they have a chance against SB if they are boon corrupter with knowledge when to proc skills and when warr is.

Why I don't see any spellbreaker complaining about their class being broken? Because you enjoy the free way you got with PoF in PvP and WvW. Where if you are platinum div player, you can get to legendary with little effort compared to other classes.

I haven't played for a few days, but I haven't found Spellbreakers that difficult to fight against (I haven't played as SB yet). Full Counter has an obvious tell, it's not that tough to dodge if someone sets it off, and the SB seems to be relatively easy to kite and a lesser threat than others on the battlefield.

So, unless something's changed and people have figured out to squeeze the juice out of the class since the weekend, then I'll keep focusing down the more dangerous classes while keeping an eye on the guy I'll kill last who's impotently hoping I'll hit him so he feels useful. Unless I do, he's less to deal with than a core warrior or berserker.

@SkyFurY.6057 said:fullcoutner is the only thing that sb offers... nerf it and all go core warrior again. whats the point? your fault if u attack while the warrior do full counter. this crying is annoying.

Imagine a 3v3 where one side has 2 spellbreakers with counter on ~6 second CD, mind telling me how the fuck do you not trigger that? No AoE no clones no pets and perfect prediction? And what if they don't use it at the same time? You just never attack?

Cry me a river! This warrior skill is needed for WvW sergs and it's fine as it is, learn to play and stop spamming your skills! The Burst has a very clear animation and a very short duration, SO STOP SPAMMING YOUR DAMN SKILLS LIKE A BRAINLESS ZOMBIE. If done correctly, the warrior should never use full counter because it depends on YOU (the attacker) to activate it.

@Hitman.5829 said:Cry me a river! This warrior skill is needed for WvW sergs and it's fine as it is, learn to play and stop spamming your skills! The Burst has a very clear animation and a very short duration, SO STOP SPAMMING YOUR kitten SKILLS LIKE A BRAINLESS ZOMBIE. If done correctly, the warrior should never use full counter because it depends on YOU (the attacker) to activate it.

also class with range can still spam skills and never get hit by full couter. easyyyy.

Archived