Coming back after a year long break...

xZombieTaco.5809

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Get ready for all the DE mains to come and defend their cheese class and all the non thief players ranting how core/DD is fine and in fact one of the best duelers still haha

I'm fine with DE. Its still a trash spec. Its not run, it doesn't remotely appeal to a "assassin" playstyle. D/D core is a catch 22. You'll beat noobs but the moment a decent player comes along and doesn't blow all their CDs your dead. haha

In wvw I find s/d DD fun to +1 on the outer lines of a Zerg or in small roaming parties,sword 3 good for getting in and out quick :) after doin personal story and hot maps with thief solo I was confident I. 1v1 skills untill I tried wvw for first time a few months ago,was pve only for over a yr and learned fast why always hear it’s a +1 class lol even with Assassin signet sword was barely chipping away at peoples hp and it was either reset and run or say screw it and try and fight which unless I outplayed them hard which didn’t happen often I’d get squished hard lol but it’s fun jumping on them when there otherwise occupied and helping out an ally.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Get ready for all the DE mains to come and defend their cheese class and all the non thief players ranting how core/DD is fine and in fact one of the best duelers still haha

I use DE elite, I like it, it's a good trait line and fun to play. Why would I feel a need to defend that specialty, are you a dev who can make changes to it? Most of us understand any issues with that trait line and what it can and can't do for the profession. I also sometimes play Daredevil and will always go back and mess around on core build because those are fun to and wouldn't you know it, they have their advantages and disadvantages also. Play whatever build you want, I doubt anyone is too concerned with what you think of their build.

@kash.9213 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Get ready for all the DE mains to come and defend their cheese class and all the non thief players ranting how core/DD is fine and in fact one of the best duelers still haha

I use DE elite, I like it, it's a good trait line and fun to play. Why would I feel a need to defend that specialty, are you a dev who can make changes to it? Most of us understand any issues with that trait line and what it can and can't do for the profession. I also sometimes play Daredevil and will always go back and mess around on core build because those are fun to and wouldn't you know it, they have their advantages and disadvantages also. Play whatever build you want, I doubt anyone is too concerned with what you think of their build.

Yeah trust me know one should give two shits what I think of a build lol I am in no way someone that anyone should take advice on what a good build is lol,which that said a spec/traitlines tho effective that premotes perma stealth one shot back stabs with low risk as its playstyle is in my opinion not a well designed spec/traitlines and is very unhealthy for any game involving pvp modes.That’s my opinion and that just what it is,a opinion but a lot of people seem to share it even among thief mains

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Yeah trust me know one should give two kitten what I think of a build lol I am in no way someone that anyone should take advice on what a good build is lol,which that said a spec/traitlines tho effective that
premotes perma stealth one shot back stabs
with low risk as its playstyle is in my opinion not a well designed spec/traitlines and is very unhealthy for any game involving pvp modes.That’s my opinion and that just what it is,a opinion but a lot of people seem to share it even among thief mains

We all see those builds creeping around once in awhile but when have you ever fought one past downing them real quick or scaring them off when you pinged them minutes before they thought they snuck up on you and then went back about your business? It seems like that's just not a build that's discussed or used by anyone on these forums or widely used beyond non thieves thinking they'll have an easy time "roaming" with a DE alt.

I really just want to be able to 1v1 any class again, without having to run insane amounts of sustain traits. Thief lost the ability to do any viable damage output even with berserker stats. I hit 4k backstabs in SPvP running zerker amulet.

For having 11k HP I should be able to hit like a semitruck, but I don't and that bothers me a ton.

@"xZombieTaco.5809" said:Look at my scary damage. :-1:

Hard to say that isn’t good damage when it’s just vs a test golem.

But you don’t lose much damage on mauraders vs zerker so the relative sustain is better around having 17k HP. If you are looking to get more damage and stick to zerker stats you might focus on getting quickness and using that in your burst.

If you want to focus on big hits you can build malice on DE and use Malicious backstab. If you want to stick to core you should consider how you can build might and quickness to assist in a large KO.

@saerni.2584 said:

@"xZombieTaco.5809" said:Look at my scary damage. :-1:

Hard to say that isn’t good damage when it’s just vs a test golem.

But you don’t lose much damage on mauraders vs zerker so the relative sustain is better around having 17k HP. If you are looking to get more damage and stick to zerker stats you might focus on getting quickness and using that in your burst.

If you want to focus on big hits you can build malice on DE and use Malicious backstab. If you want to stick to core you should consider how you can build might and quickness to assist in a large KO.

It was just a visual reference. Even in the game itself, vs a fresh air ele highest backstab I've hit running that build specifically was 13k.

@xZombieTaco.5809 said:

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:

Absolutely none of the manifesto is valid anymore. ANet jumped ship from their own marketing appeal.

Want a real PvP experience? Find another place to play. Even the forum PvP has taken a downturn with an uptick in moderation that prohibits discussion and telling it like it is.

Yeah I've been gone for awhile. Stealth tracking is significantly worse than it used to be with a majority of skills being channels instead of static casts. Mesmer clones had be pinged with their TS Laser for 6 seconds in stealth, why run stealth if it isn't going to save me like its supposed to? But give mesmer forced de-targeting mechanics, its only fair you give that to EVERY class that has stealth capabilities, or to offset the in stealth tracking have them be "glancing blows" instead of full blown critical damage. Sure it'll make perma stealth DE more of a pain, but its fair balancing mechanics at that point.

It just seems like a lot of things the developers or the QA team should've noticed. I don't know what the staffing situation looks like but they need a PvP/WvW on the team. They're competitive game mode - at least from what I've seen and how many of my friends have left, is a dying game mode, and its a shame because the pvp/wvw aspect of the game has been a long standing end game option for me since I'm rarely interested in PvE content.

You're not alone in this sentiment and ANet's massive reductions in YoY sales over the past few years reflect it.

Unfortunately I don't think anything will change. Bow to the PvE overlords.

@"xZombieTaco.5809" said:I'm reading previous patch notes and I can't help but wonder what in Balthazars name are you doing Anet?Bring DP backBring Dare Devil BackBring D/D Core backThanks for kinda bringing S/D back?and throw DE in the trash.This is in regards to PvP/WvW. I don't play PvE.

D/P has been a solid build for many, many years. It's fallen from the ultimate, tip top of meta from time to time and in some situations, S/D is better, but it's never been so far that you'd need to "bring it back".

D/D core has been trash for almost as many years as D/P has reigned supreme.

DE is pretty cheesy with crap like the dodge to stealth trait, but if you're playing D/P, you should be farming them without much issue.

All above is for sPvP. WvW is a whole 'nother can of worms.

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

@"xZombieTaco.5809" said:I'm reading previous patch notes and I can't help but wonder what in Balthazars name are you doing Anet?Bring DP backBring Dare Devil BackBring D/D Core backThanks for kinda bringing S/D back?and throw DE in the trash.This is in regards to PvP/WvW. I don't play PvE.

D/P has been a solid build for many, many years. It's fallen from the ultimate, tip top of meta from time to time and in some situations, S/D is better, but it's never been so far that you'd need to "bring it back".

DE is pretty cheesy with kitten like the dodge to stealth trait, but if you're playing D/P, you should be farming them without much issue.

d/p dd are farming deadeyes? thats interesting ( it should be like u say, sadly its not that easy)

@Safandula.8723 said:

DE is pretty cheesy with kitten like the dodge to stealth trait, but if you're playing D/P, you should be farming them without much issue.

d/p dd are farming deadeyes? thats interesting ( it should be like u say, sadly its not that easy)

1 v 1s may be dicey if the deadeye is particularly skilled or gets the jump on the dd, but D/P can completely neuter any deadeye that tries to participate in team fights.

Archived