How to Manage Multiple Accounts After 1/22/19 Patch

Ayrilana.1396

There may be other ways but this is what I have done for the past 3 or so years. One downside is that you need roughly 70MB free per account but for most people this shouldn't be an issue at all. Anyone else that has done this please feel to correct any mistakes as I'm essentially what I did three years ago so I may forget something.

Create Local.dat Files

The first step is to create a local.dat file for each of your accounts. Log into your first account with the account name and password. Have both check boxes checked to remember account name and password. Login and then log out.

Navigate to the folder with the dat files which tends to be something like C:\Users\YourWindowsLogin\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 with the YourWindowsLogin replaced with yours.

Find the Local.dat file and create a copy of it. Re-name is to whatever you want. I just incremented it as something like Local_1.dat but anything should work.

Repeat this for as many accounts that you have.

Create Batch File

Next is to create the file that you'll use to select each account.

Create a text file in Notepad. Paste the code in yellow below into that text file and then save it. The command lines I have are optional but I found both mapLoadInfo and autologin to be useful.

@echo off

set /p id= "Please select account: "

GOTO :%id%:1copy /Y /V Local_1.dat Local.datstart "" "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -mapLoadInfo -autologinEXIT:2copy /Y /V Local_2.dat Local.datstart "" "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -mapLoadInfo -autologinEXIT`

Note: Make sure the file path above is actually how it’s set up for you including the GW2 app name.

When you close the text file, rename the .txt file extension to .bat which is for the batch file. Move this file into the same folder as the dat files. Create a shortcut to this file to your desktop.

When you execute the batch file from the shortcut, you'll be prompted with the text "Please select account: ". In the code you'll noticed that I prefaced each account info with a colon and a number. I suppose you can do something different than a number but I found this to be the quickest. When you open the batch file, all you have to do is type what you used which in my case would be a 1 for the first account or a two for the second account followed by enter.

If you want to post a reminder of what each number correlates to which account you can just modify the above like the following

@echo offecho 1 = GW2Account.1234echo 2 = GW2Account.5678set /p id= "Please select account: "

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:There may be other ways but this is what I have done for the past 3 or so years. One downside is that you need roughly 70MB free per account but for most people this shouldn't be an issue at all. Anyone else that has done this please feel to correct any mistakes as I'm essentially what I did three years ago so I may forget something.

Create Local.dat Files

The first step is to create a local.dat file for each of your accounts. Log into your first account with the account name and password. Have both check boxes checked to remember account name and password. Login and then log out.

Navigate to the folder with the dat files which tends to be something like C:\Users\YourWindowsLogin\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 with the YourWindowsLogin replaced with yours.

You can just use %APPDATA%\Guild Wars 2

Windows will expand the %APPDATA% to the correct path.

There is also https://github.com/Healix/Gw2Launcher

@"Khisanth.2948" said:There is also https://github.com/Healix/Gw2Launcher

This is someone's personal app that they've made available. It does the same thing that @Ayrilana.1396 suggests, by offering a friendly user interface to walk you through the same steps. @Healix.5819 has been using it for a couple of years. (And seems quite willing to offer assistance in getting started.)

If you're going to use a batch file to launch 1 account at a time, do it like this:

Note that this requires an NTFS file system on Windows 7+

if not exist "%appdata%\Guild Wars 2\Local.%1.dat" (copy "%appdata%\Guild Wars 2\Local.dat" "%appdata%\Guild Wars 2\Local.%1.dat")if exist "%appdata%\Guild Wars 2\Local.dat" (del "%appdata%\Guild Wars 2\Local.dat")mklink /H "%appdata%\Guild Wars 2\Local.dat" "%appdata%\Guild Wars 2\Local.%1.dat"start Gw2-64.exe %*

Save it as Gw2-64.bat, put it in your folder along side Gw2-64.exe and launch your first account like this:Gw2-64.bat 1 -autologin -maploadinfo -whatever_else_you_want

(you can replace 1 with whatever you want to ID the account with, it's only used for a file name, though it will be passed to GW2)

You can use it in a shortcut just as you would with Gw2-64.exe. To make it look pretty, change the shortcut's icon to that of Gw2-64.exe and set it to run minimized.

Archived