[Video] WvW Weaver Sword Power/Condi : 1vs4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

[Video] WvW Weaver Sword Power/Condi : 1vs4

Lasiurus.4067Lasiurus.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sword/Dagger Weaver, Power/Condi build. Will post more video in future. Cellofrag.

Comments

  • How are you liking weaver so far? Still working on pve so haven't had a chance to jump into roaming yet. Also, very interested in taking a look at your build ;)

  • kathy.8291kathy.8291 Member ✭✭✭

    Just what we need more condi

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I know part of that is the others learning more about weaver, but very nicely done. Condi or no, 1v4 is nice.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Didn't use easy mode offhand. Focus on 1 vs 7 wouldn't be impressive.

    Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Hmmm... so one of them used food, a useless flesh golem (lol), a mesmer with a staff (double lol) and a guard with scepter (triple lol). Yep, quality opponents right there hehe.

    Mostly curious how you get precision and vitality up so high in a power/condi build or is it just celestial?

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • Strages.2950Strages.2950 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2017

    That was pretty kitten good! What gear are you using?

    • edit: assumed Celestial, then saw the video description on YT*
  • @Dawdler.8521 said:
    Hmmm... so one of them used food, a useless flesh golem (lol), a mesmer with a staff (double lol) and a guard with scepter (triple lol). Yep, quality opponents right there hehe.

    Mostly curious how you get precision and vitality up so high in a power/condi build or is it just celestial?

    Dont underestimate guard scepter man, theres a reason its one of the highest dps weapons in the game

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lowlights.7021 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    Hmmm... so one of them used food, a useless flesh golem (lol), a mesmer with a staff (double lol) and a guard with scepter (triple lol). Yep, quality opponents right there hehe.

    Mostly curious how you get precision and vitality up so high in a power/condi build or is it just celestial?

    Dont underestimate guard scepter man, theres a reason its one of the highest dps weapons in the game

    There is also a reason why dps does not equal capability of killing players in WvW. Dont overestimate people bringing a fork to a fireball fight.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • Lasiurus.4067Lasiurus.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    Hmmm... so one of them used food, a useless flesh golem (lol), a mesmer with a staff (double lol) and a guard with scepter (triple lol). Yep, quality opponents right there hehe.

    Mostly curious how you get precision and vitality up so high in a power/condi build or is it just celestial?

    Vitality is thanks to the #3 Trait that gives more than 3k5 Vitality. A must have.
    Precision comes with Grievers stat.
    No celestial at all.

  • Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Worked well vs those opponents, but seeing none of those boons get stripped or corrupted speaks volumes. How does this build fare against a scourge or power s/d daredevil?

    Fort Aspenwood
    [ShW] Jekkies

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    I know part of that is the others learning more about weaver, but very nicely done. Condi or no, 1v4 is nice.

    Well that the thing it goes both ways ppl do not know how to fight vs a weaver atm its one thing to say ppl do not know how to play weaver it self but realy it plays a lot like ele just with a bit more planing and a lot more tankly. Ppl who are use to play vs an ele are use to the rubber ban hp heal but the cover of barrier will throw them off for now. This player out played these ppl but had a very hard time killing any one person. Weaver is the dmg elite spec not the tankly spec or tempest 2.0. The added tank is nice but vs ppl who know what they are doing and roaming builds (they seemd to be zerg builds) i do not think the weaver will have any hope in the long run. Weaver places should be dmg aimed and being this tankly is going to get this class nerf hard (see what happen to d/d ele and its dmg and tanklyness) .

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • Lasiurus.4067Lasiurus.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Turk.5460 said:
    Worked well vs those opponents, but seeing none of those boons get stripped or corrupted speaks volumes. How does this build fare against a scourge or power s/d daredevil?

    I have some recordings of a 1vs2 versus good players (especially a fight vs 2 war deboon), will upload next week

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lasiurus.4067 said:

    @Turk.5460 said:
    Worked well vs those opponents, but seeing none of those boons get stripped or corrupted speaks volumes. How does this build fare against a scourge or power s/d daredevil?

    I have some recordings of a 1vs2 versus good players (especially a fight vs 2 war deboon), will upload next week

    Looking forward, ty for the video.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jski.6180 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    I know part of that is the others learning more about weaver, but very nicely done. Condi or no, 1v4 is nice.

    Well that the thing it goes both ways ppl do not know how to fight vs a weaver atm its one thing to say ppl do not know how to play weaver it self but realy it plays a lot like ele just with a bit more planing and a lot more tankly. Ppl who are use to play vs an ele are use to the rubber ban hp heal but the cover of barrier will throw them off for now. This player out played these ppl but had a very hard time killing any one person. Weaver is the dmg elite spec not the tankly spec or tempest 2.0. The added tank is nice but vs ppl who know what they are doing and roaming builds (they seemd to be zerg builds) i do not think the weaver will have any hope in the long run. Weaver places should be dmg aimed and being this tankly is going to get this class nerf hard (see what happen to d/d ele and its dmg and tanklyness) .

    Sword is one of the lowest DPS options. It truly feels more geared to roaming where some tankyness is needed.

    As for the nerfing: I fully expect all of the new elites to get a nerf of sorts over the next couple of months.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Lasiurus.4067Lasiurus.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I pretty like the actual elite. Buff are pretty cool & the CC is great. They just should perhaps allow us to cast the CC elite while moving. Actually it forces us to get immobile for like 1s. Annoying in a fight

  • Lasiurus.4067Lasiurus.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Hitman.5829 said:
    ok,ok,ok... obviously the perma-protection boon spam is too much, this needs a nerf. No body should have access to perma-protection boon giving you a damage reduction of 33%, combined with weakness another 50% damage reduction, and combined with black lion protection buff of 5% reduce damage for a total of 88% damage reduction. On top of that, a condi W**H--ORE spaming kid and perma-healing boon spam combined with black lion healing boon. All i see is a broken class, 0 skill to play and spam skill.

    Hope it's a joke. Elementalist always had accesss to perma protection. It's not new & it's not with weaver that dont give protection.
    Tempest has access to protection that gives 40% reduction.
    BTW, Weakness is not a 50% damage reduction but 25% (50% reduction x 0.5).
    And I don't apply weakness at all.

    So... I apply 38% damage reduction. That's less than an inge, which have access to perma protection too.

    PS : condi kitten, the weaver sword...? LOL.

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    I know part of that is the others learning more about weaver, but very nicely done. Condi or no, 1v4 is nice.

    Well that the thing it goes both ways ppl do not know how to fight vs a weaver atm its one thing to say ppl do not know how to play weaver it self but realy it plays a lot like ele just with a bit more planing and a lot more tankly. Ppl who are use to play vs an ele are use to the rubber ban hp heal but the cover of barrier will throw them off for now. This player out played these ppl but had a very hard time killing any one person. Weaver is the dmg elite spec not the tankly spec or tempest 2.0. The added tank is nice but vs ppl who know what they are doing and roaming builds (they seemd to be zerg builds) i do not think the weaver will have any hope in the long run. Weaver places should be dmg aimed and being this tankly is going to get this class nerf hard (see what happen to d/d ele and its dmg and tanklyness) .

    Sword is one of the lowest DPS options. It truly feels more geared to roaming where some tankyness is needed.

    As for the nerfing: I fully expect all of the new elites to get a nerf of sorts over the next couple of months.

    I hope so right now the game becomes mostly 3 classes. I was also hoping for weaver to be a real dmg dealer with staff in wvw.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • katniss.6735katniss.6735 Member ✭✭✭

    Nice buffs. Nice that your opponents don't seem to know that PoF is out.

  • Lasiurus.4067Lasiurus.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jski.6180 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    I know part of that is the others learning more about weaver, but very nicely done. Condi or no, 1v4 is nice.

    Well that the thing it goes both ways ppl do not know how to fight vs a weaver atm its one thing to say ppl do not know how to play weaver it self but realy it plays a lot like ele just with a bit more planing and a lot more tankly. Ppl who are use to play vs an ele are use to the rubber ban hp heal but the cover of barrier will throw them off for now. This player out played these ppl but had a very hard time killing any one person. Weaver is the dmg elite spec not the tankly spec or tempest 2.0. The added tank is nice but vs ppl who know what they are doing and roaming builds (they seemd to be zerg builds) i do not think the weaver will have any hope in the long run. Weaver places should be dmg aimed and being this tankly is going to get this class nerf hard (see what happen to d/d ele and its dmg and tanklyness) .

    Sword is one of the lowest DPS options. It truly feels more geared to roaming where some tankyness is needed.

    As for the nerfing: I fully expect all of the new elites to get a nerf of sorts over the next couple of months.

    I hope so right now the game becomes mostly 3 classes. I was also hoping for weaver to be a real dmg dealer with staff in wvw.

    It is. Weaver Staff has trully great massive DPS in WvW. Increased DPS thanks to Weaver trait, & more new Skills thanks to dual attunement twhich are really intesresting.