PLEASE stop removing achievement points from the game!

Musha.4025

Last Lunar New Year we had the achievement to feed Drooburt Steamed Red Dumplings or something for a max of 25 AP. I wasn't able to get those AP last year since those food items were so rare and so expensive on the TP. This year, you changed the achievement and reset the AP, so that's 25 AP I'll never be able to get now, while the people in the game who had the time and gold to get all those dumplings were essentially able to buy the AP.

I'm trying to climb the AP leaderboards, and it's simply not fair for you to pull AP from the game. That's 25 AP I'll never be able to get now. You did the same thing with the Queen's Gauntlet. You can rename or replace an achievement, but please stop removing AP from the game!! You could have had last year's Drooburt achievement and this year's Drooburt achievement share the same 25 AP pool. In fact, you SHOULD have done it that way. Or you could have kept last year's achievement and had 2 Drooburt achievements this year. Any way you do it, for the love of puppies, STOP taking AP out of the game!!

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Isn't that Achievement capped at 25, no matter how many times you do it, no matter the year?Correct, but they changed the mechanics.

• The food one that we did with Drooburt last year has been moved to the Pig donation locations; I got it from big D last year, so I get nothing from that this year. OP can get 25.
  • The luck sink is new this year & Drooburt is the recipient. Everyone can earn 25 for the first time this year.

@PseudoNewb.5468 said:

• The food one that we did with Drooburt last year has been moved to the Pig donation locations; I got it from big D last year, so I get nothing from that this year. OP can get 25.

Oh, thanks for the clarification. So is it cheaper now, that it can be spread out to all of the food items?

Yes, very much so.However, I expect that it will get cheaper later in the festival (the trend is that people try to finish early, so costs go up up up, then some finish and sell of their excess ... some give up, etc, so prices drop). Plus, along the way, you'll probably get some drops from envelopes you open.

Mind you, that's just the most common scenario; we've definitely had situations in which items used for chieves increased in price and then never dropped much. Personally, I'd take that risk in this case because ANet said they were making foods less rare than in previous years.

Archived