Mesmer just got passively buffed!? O.o

James.1065

I just read the release notes, and am very happy to see all the big fixes in the professions, and not too many changes.

The only one that stands out is that mesmer can now apply their cancer condis to enemy even in a downed state... if they not gonna nerf the profession at least they could have just left that bug in!

Are we seriously complaining about one skills interaction with players in a specific state?! Literally chaos storm on downed targets...

Yeah people get it there are aspects of the condi mirage build that are over-tuned but people are literally reaching way to far into that barrel to look for things to complain about on the class. This is a minor change and a bug fix no less.

Come on.

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:Are we seriously complaining about one skills interaction with players in a specific state?! Literally chaos storm on downed targets...

Yeah people get it there are aspects of the condi mirage build that are over-tuned but people are literally reaching way to far into that barrel to look for things to complain about on the class. This is a minor change and a bug fix no less.

Come on.

I guess you main a mesmer with the other 60% of pvper last season, and now probably this one too since there is no tweak to the "over-tuned" profession

@James.1065 said:

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:Are we seriously complaining about one skills interaction with players in a specific state?! Literally chaos storm on downed targets...

Come on.

I guess you main a mesmer with the other 60% of pvper last season, and now probably this one too since there is no tweak to the "over-tuned" profession

I bet that hurt saying it more than reading it...

I wouldn't worry about poison on down. You can always use skills to poison down people save few skills, this patch just fix those exceptions. Also Chaos storm has always had the potential to interrupt people ressing, this was not part of the fix.

OP's reaction kind of reminds me of "why be informed when you can use feelings as facts" :P

@"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:I wouldn't worry about poison on down. You can always use skills to poison down people save few skills, this patch just fix those exceptions. Also Chaos storm has always had the potential to interrupt people ressing, this was not part of the fix.

OP's reaction kind of reminds me of "why be informed when you can use feelings as facts" :P

ANET HOW CAN YOU JUST BUFF MESMER MOAR!?! Isn't it overloaded enough with bloat!? [makes shocked stare at camera while waving hands like an ape]

That's what I imagine it's like tbh.

@James.1065 said:

Come on.

Personal attacks and trying to disprove what I said as dubbing me as a mesmer main make your over emotional cries look worse then they are. You are also wrong. 100% of my ranked games last season were on non-nesmer classes.

Like I said this is a bug fix. People know condition mesmer is overtuned. None of this stops the premises of your post being a complete and utter reach at finding something to complain about.

Like I said this is a bug fix. People know condition mesmer is overtuned. None of this stops the premises of your post being a complete and utter reach at finding something to complain about.

I acknowledged it's a bug fix. Unfortunately, it makes an already "over-tuned" profession even more over-tuned as it buffs allies and adds Condi to enemies.

I wouldn't be complaining if the wasn't already OP and nothing gets done if you don't complain. (Albeit that it's a bug fix for the mesmer, in its current state, it's like putting out a burning house with petrol)

In all I describe here mesmer = mirage.

I'd tell you to read my post on mesmer forums about mesmer in pvp. I'll give you a TLDR version (it'll be long too):

• I main mesmer in PVE, in PVP I play easier and more rewarding professions (necro spammer, ranger soulbeast, burning guardian etc). Why? Because it's easier to win on these. Believe it or not if you play vs person who knows how to play against mesmer, mesmer gets shut down quite brutally.
  • Mesmer strenght is: blinks, stealth, clones -> + for targeting with weaker/newer players, evades and good condi dmg
  • Mesmer weaknesses are: basically no serious aoe, lack of cc, low hp, low healing, not good condi cleanse, very visible "main condi stacking" attacks that can be avoided due to animation visibility and "weaker" conditions. Imagine if mesmer applied bleed and burning in many stacks. It applies as much stacks as it does because it's torment and confusion mainly - which have counterplay.
  • Comparing mesmer to things some other classes have (ranger -> super range, cc, pet, better healing, thief -> power dmg that can't be cleansed or easily avoided and is instant, dodges, blinks, stealth, super range) I can't say mesmer is in any way OP. The only problem are people who spam their all skills under confusion or fail to target the real mesmer.
  • Only real problem I can see while playing against mesmers (and necromancers pet builds too) is if you play against more than 1 mes/necro pet -> no idea how to balance it, but it's just hard to see/target anything if instead of 2-3 enemies you suddenly have 10-15 and you're not AOE heavy build. It's a big shiny cluster of randomness.
  • If you have problems playing against mesmers play one and see how other people kill you. Then go back to your main class and kill mesmers how they killed you when you were one. Best learning method for any class. Stop complaining on the forums, try to learn to play against it.

Truth be told mesmer is not weak in PVP, it's quite strong - but it's easier to play it up to gold, later many people counter it and it's too much tryharding with it for medicore effects. But I'd say guardian, ranger and necro are all stronger or just as strong. The only "underpowered" classes in PvP imo are ele and rev.

@"James.1065" said:

I acknowledged it's a bug fix. Unfortunately, it makes an already "over-tuned" profession even more over-tuned as it buffs allies and adds Condi to enemies.

I wouldn't be complaining if the wasn't already OP and nothing gets done if you don't complain. (Albeit that it's a bug fix for the mesmer, in its current state, it's like putting out a burning house with petrol)

It already buffed allies and debuffed enemies, the only difference is now it works on downed enemies. How thick can you be? You can't just leave bugs in because a profession is overtuned.

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

@"James.1065" said:

It already buffed allies and debuffed enemies, the only difference is now it works on downed enemies. How thick can you be? You can't just leave bugs in because a profession is overtuned.

I know it does, what I am saying is they can use there time to rather fix the over powered profession rather than just the bugs which make it stronger

@"Kas.3509" said:In all I describe here mesmer = mirage.

I'd tell you to read my post on mesmer forums about mesmer in pvp. I'll give you a TLDR version (it'll be long too):

• I main mesmer in PVE, in PVP I play easier and more rewarding professions (necro spammer, ranger soulbeast, burning guardian etc). Why? Because it's easier to win on these. Believe it or not if you play vs person who knows how to play against mesmer, mesmer gets shut down quite brutally.
  • Mesmer strenght is: blinks, stealth, clones -> + for targeting with weaker/newer players, evades and good condi dmg
  • Mesmer weaknesses are: basically no serious aoe, lack of cc, low hp, low healing, not good condi cleanse, very visible "main condi stacking" attacks that can be avoided due to animation visibility and "weaker" conditions. Imagine if mesmer applied bleed and burning in many stacks. It applies as much stacks as it does because it's torment and confusion mainly - which have counterplay.
  • Comparing mesmer to things some other classes have (ranger -> super range, cc, pet, better healing, thief -> power dmg that can't be cleansed or easily avoided and is instant, dodges, blinks, stealth, super range) I can't say mesmer is in any way OP. The only problem are people who spam their all skills under confusion or fail to target the real mesmer.
  • Only real problem I can see while playing against mesmers (and necromancers pet builds too) is if you play against more than 1 mes/necro pet -> no idea how to balance it, but it's just hard to see/target anything if instead of 2-3 enemies you suddenly have 10-15 and you're not AOE heavy build. It's a big shiny cluster of randomness.
  • If you have problems playing against mesmers play one and see how other people kill you. Then go back to your main class and kill mesmers how they killed you when you were one. Best learning method for any class. Stop complaining on the forums, try to learn to play against it.

Truth be told mesmer is not weak in PVP, it's quite strong - but it's easier to play it up to gold, later many people counter it and it's too much tryharding with it for medicore effects. But I'd say guardian, ranger and necro are all stronger or just as strong. The only "underpowered" classes in PvP imo are ele and rev.

Rev is not underpowered, not even a little bit, not even at all.

@apharma.3741 said:

@"Kas.3509" said:In all I describe here mesmer = mirage.

Rev is not underpowered, not even a little bit, not even at all.

I‘d call Rev „just right“, not op and not up. It has strenghts (burst, mobility) and it has clear weaknesses (condi, heal). Imo it‘s almost perfectly balanced.

@Derenaya.3479 said:I‘d call Rev „just right“, not op and not up. It has strenghts (burst, mobility) and it has clear weaknesses (condi, heal). Imo it‘s almost perfectly balanced.

Well those are t really what I call weakness. Rev heal is almost as high as war's one, on shiro/herald build. At least 7k each 15 sec... It's not that bad.Condi are weakness for those who runs the full glass canon mettabattle build. I personally have 0 problems dealing with Condi classes, except mirages.

In my opinion, the only Rev weakness is the lack of stab.

But you're right. Rev is one of the most perfectly balanced class right now. So perfectly balanced that it is slowing becoming OP.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@Derenaya.3479 said:I‘d call Rev „just right“, not op and not up. It has strenghts (burst, mobility) and it has clear weaknesses (condi, heal). Imo it‘s almost perfectly balanced.

Well those are t really what I call weakness. Rev heal is almost as high as war's one, on shiro/herald build. At least 7k each 15 sec... It's not that bad.Condi are weakness for those who runs the full glass canon mettabattle build. I personally have 0 problems dealing with Condi classes, except mirages.

But you're right. Rev is one of the most perfectly balanced class right now. So perfectly balanced that it is slowing becoming OP.

What I meant with the heal (glint) as a weakness is that it‘s situational. sure it‘s not a problem in group fights, sometimes you‘ll even go back to fullhealth but in a 1v1/2v2 situation vs good players you often end up with 2-3k healing because they don‘t burst into it like lower players who‘re not famiiliar with the skill. Concerning the Shiro heal, does it really heal for 7k? I often use it to burst but if that‘s the case I‘ll change that.

Condis on the meta build aren‘t that bad either, you just need to run from mirages and not stand in the scourge shades.

@Derenaya.3479 said:

What I meant with the heal (glint) as a weakness is that it‘s situational. sure it‘s not a problem in group fights, sometimes you‘ll even go back to fullhealth but in a 1v1/2v2 situation vs good players you often end up with 2-3k healing because they don‘t burst into it like lower players who‘re not famiiliar with the skill. Concerning the Shiro heal, does it really heal for 7k? I often use it to burst but if that‘s the case I‘ll change that.

Condis on the meta build aren‘t that bad either, you just need to run from mirages and not stand in the scourge shades.

1,640 initial and then 840 per dagger that hits over time up to 6 hits for a total of 6,488, however "Attacks that are blocked or evaded will remove stacks of the Enchanted Daggers effect." It does have weaknesses but it's a decent sustained heal that also gives extra damage.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enchanted_Daggers

@apharma.3741 said:

I have to agree with you on this one, I was also wondering what you think of ele's - I played a few ranked games this morning (plat 1) and there was an ele that was on my team that was absolutely amazing and finished with 4 top stats. But all I hear is how trash they are

1,640 initial and then 840 per dagger that hits over time up to 6 hits for a total of 6,488, however "Attacks that are blocked or evaded will remove stacks of the Enchanted Daggers effect." It does have weaknesses but it's a decent sustained heal that also gives extra damage.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enchanted_Daggers

Very informative thanks!

Archived