O-O You can see what players have in their banks and wallets!

Tiviana.2650

So i was looking at the gw2 Armory and noticed when you look at a player it tells you everything about their account. Like all their alts all their guilds achievements gear etc, thats all well and good but then i noticed something. You can see everything including their currency and banks and material storage! Seriously im not kosher with this, thats a bit much to let every player in the game know what should be private to the account.

Why would they do this? Seems like trouble just waiting to happen. I mean a hacker could scope out targets that way.

@Deepcuts.9740 said:You need to signup and share your details for others to be able to see such info.Same thing with gw2efficiency.No clue what you think this is, but it is not a conspiracy to show everyone else your exotics when you raid. Only if you choose to do so.

Why would people show that? I dont want some hacker going oo they have x amount of gold and gems thats a target! And yes i have exotics oh boy here we go i guess as a new player i should have Pharus and be fully ascended

@Sir Alymer.3406 said:Looked up myself. You have to actually be registered on that website and can't see anything otherwise. There's nothing on me there either.

Good to know, i just dont get why someone would do that.> @Ashen.2907 said:

If you dont want to share information about your account dont! But complaining that others might choose to do so with their accounts is silly.

Im not complaining if its their choice, did i mention i didnt know you had to sign up. I thought anyone could see anyone else okay?

@Tiviana.2650 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Don't provide an API which allows all access visibility wise. You can create custom APIs with limited visibility.

Don't use GW2 armory if it does not allow restrictions visibility wise.

Problem solved.

I hope im not using it at all, i have no idea when i registered an account what they do on guild wars.

If you haven't registered at a 3rd party site, GW2 will not have given away your data. If you want to be very safe, go into the API management and deactivate old APIs you have generated.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Don't provide an API which allows all access visibility wise. You can create custom APIs with limited visibility.

Problem solved.

I hope im not using it at all, i have no idea when i registered an account what they do on guild wars.

If you haven't registered at a 3rd party site, GW2 will not have given away your data. If you want to be very safe, go into the API management and deactivate old APIs you have generated.

Umm this armory is from guild wars isnt it? I mean its not 3rd party if its their official armory right? https://gw2armory.com/

And where is API management?

In order to do this you will have to login to your gw2 account on the guildwars2 site, create an API with everything you want to see, copy that said API code, go a side like gw2efficiency and paste the code there. And you are not even done here.
In order for others to see you would have to share your API key with them.
So, in case you didnt do latter, why even care? Even then: When you are that concerned about being a potential target I would rather be concerned about the websites you use.

@Holy Security.9724 said:In order to do this you will have to login to your gw2 account on the guildwars2 site, create an API with everything you want to see, copy that said API code, go a side like gw2efficiency and paste the code there. And you are not even done here.

In order for others to see you would have to share your API key with them.

So, in case you didnt do latter, why even care? Even then: When you are that concerned about being a potential target I would rather be concerned about the websites you use.

Well i can see them and im not registered there. As for the rest of that snarky comment its because im careful that i am concerned. What are you trying to imply?

You can only get the API key from arena net official website account management section. You can generate as many API key as you like to use it on a few things.Some wvw serious guild need API key from players to make sure the acc is in the same server to allow and approve membership. Some serious raid guild need API to show qualification to join, some guild has some strict certain requirements. You can generate a key only allow to see one character, or see all or see only certain things.Guild wars 2 efficiency is one website application you can put an API key to show what's in there..I use efficiency website to help me manage my game... It's very useful..

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I didn't sign up to that site, and I find myself on it, but very little information other than 1 of the Guilds I belong to.I guess it is linked to gw2efficiency.

or the guild leader uses the site and added an API key with the required permission

Nope...looked him up, he's not there.

Bit odd, because my API key doesn't include PvP, but I'm on the PvP page in this Armory.Hmm, found it's created by Michael Dougall (madou); don't think he's part of gw2efficiency.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

Problem solved.

Umm this armory is from guild wars isnt it? I mean its not 3rd party if its their official armory right?

And where is API management?

No, the armory is not from GW2.

Your API settings can be found on the official site under APPLICATIONS.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I didn't sign up to that site, and I find myself on it, but very little information other than 1 of the Guilds I belong to.I guess it is linked to gw2efficiency.

or the guild leader uses the site and added an API key with the required permission

Nope...looked him up, he's not there.

Bit odd, because my API key doesn't include PvP, but I'm on the PvP page in this Armory.

That might just be pulling from the leaderboard endpoint.

Edit: Actually this is simple to check. Just click on the guild name and see if it shows a roster list then someone with the guild leader has added a key.

@Sir Alymer.3406 said:Looked up myself. You have to actually be registered on that website and can't see anything otherwise. There's nothing on me there either.

Looked you up, saw you are in [TCRP] (it shows the actual name of the Guild, as well).

Everyone in this thread I looked up shows up there with their associated Guild.

I certainly didn't sign off on that.

Looked you up, saw you are in [TCRP] (it shows the actual name of the Guild, as well).

I certainly didn't sign off on that.Neither of my accounts shows up, but I havent played spvp in close to two years. If you have recently, then I strongly suspect that they are indeed pulling that information from the leaderboard rather than your account info.

I certainly didn't sign off on that.

I'm not even part of that guild. Any information on that is pretty inaccurate or veeery dated.

Archived