Option to buy blc cosmetics

LaFurion.3167

What are your thoughts on adding an option of spending 20 or 25 keys to instantly choose one of 3 rare items (I. E. Not the weapon set skins, I'm talking usually glider or the current exalted shoulders) that are in black lion chests?

Reasons for or against? I just spent 40 usd and got nothing.

I will like to point out I spent 100 usd when the fire breathing long bow came out well over a year ago to try and get but didn't get it. It's FINALLY in statuette vendor currently so instantly bought it. The weapon I wanted over any legendary is now mine. But took... YEARS. Years of me putting off playing longbow classes because I wanted that bow first. Years of waiting and wondering when it would be out.

I know we arnt entitled to rng loot, but not all of us can keep shelling out money for rng gated items :(

What do you guys think? Yay or nay on an option to instantly consume 25 keys for a choice?

Based on the data I've been collection, 100 keys typically drops 8 uncommon items and 2 rares. That's not enough to make it likely to get the skin of your choice.

So if ANet offered a guaranteed price to achieve a similar effect, it would have to be 50 or even 100 keys and at that point, the price is so steep that very few would be willing to pay. (Heck, even 2100 is kind of crazy for a single skin.)

Specifically, the Fire-breathing Longbow skin was available in August, via the Black Lion Exclusives Chest (which traded at 300-500 gold for some time). 60 statuettes come from 60 keys, which would run over 5k gems, so even 500 gold would have been a bargain.

Personally, I won't pay for keys with coin or RL currency. I like using them for fun; the odds are simply too much like a lottery to make them reliable as a source of specific skins. So I wait for items to be available via the BLEC or statuettes.

I'm not a big fan of drops in the BL Chests being bound. I think bound skins should be guaranteed and unbounds should be tradeable. But given that ANet disagrees, I'd rather adjust my expectations than try to convince them to change their mind on this particular topic; they been consistent in their approach for years, so I doubt it's going to change.

I'd say yay to an option to get the skins in-game, but that wouldn't fund the game right? Of course it would be more convenient to just spend gems on the things you want rather than a random lootbox. My decission goes towards a "don't buy keys, don't gamble unless you have given up on getting what you want and enjoy gambling, don't support lootboxes"-approach.

So something like the golden chest key? But no shot at higher rarity? Or the weapon skins?

They cost 50 BLC Statues correct? 50 keys then would be my assumption of the bare minimum they'd allow this to occur. Plus as the post above states they'd need to recoup the lost income from players so the price would be higher.

Idk the BLC statues is a fine option, maybe your suggestion would be rotating them more often to get the unique items in there. That is a suggestion I could get behind.

Archived