Request: Recipes with explanation for each patch

Hitman.5829

I cannot believe that after 7 years of GW2 we still have no idea what a recipe does until you purchase it and go find out what the recipe does. (yes I can check wiki to see what others have discovered, but that is not the professional way to do things in game). The professional way is to have a code that tells you what the new recipe does and it should show you what you are crafting before you buy it.

Also, was the new recipe "Recipe: Rune of Fireworks" added to the game on this patch or is it an old recipe?We need full disclosure on the new recipes that are being added to the game on the patch notes please.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Notises.4719 said:Yeah! How dare you ANET to attempt to foster a sense of exploration or the inability to hold our hand for everything?!

yeah, because when you go to the store you buy things blindly without knowing what you are buying to explore the world right?

When you buy something at the store, it’s kind of expected that you know what it is, what it’s used for, what it’s used for, and so on. I don’t expect the grocery store to educate me on what an avocado is.

As for the rune, did you even try to search the TP?

This game has a ton of stuff that is not explained and I find myself running into things all the time that I didn't know existed. To be fair, the wiki is far from complete or even correct in some cases. So I do have to agree with the OP that the game is not very self-explanatory and they don't offer any support themselves other than the option to put stuff on a wiki, which they don't update themselves.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Notises.4719 said:Yeah! How dare you ANET to attempt to foster a sense of exploration or the inability to hold our hand for everything?!

yeah, because when you go to the store you buy things blindly without knowing what you are buying to explore the world right?

When you buy something at the store, it’s kind of expected that you know what it is, what it’s used for, what it’s used for, and so on. I don’t expect the grocery store to educate me on what an avocado is.Then why would you expect something different from in-game vendors? When you buy something from (in-game) store, you should also be expecting to know what you're buying. I see no difference here whatsoever.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

When you buy something at the store, it’s kind of expected that you know what it is, what it’s used for, what it’s used for, and so on. I don’t expect the grocery store to educate me on what an avocado is.Then why would you expect something different from in-game vendors? When you buy something from (in-game) store, you should also be expecting to know what you're buying. I see no difference here whatsoever.

I kinda understand the rant. e.g.Marjory's Experimental ChiliNow in RL, that would have a label wouldn't it?Unless you know Marjory and can give her a cell call to ask on what it made of and what it's for.

@Hitman.5829 said:I cannot believe that after 7 years of GW2 we still have no idea what a recipe does until you purchase it and go find out what the recipe does.

There is tons of information that is withheld from players until they figure it out by themselves and add it to the Wiki. It is a bad design concept of the game, for sure, but it doesn't look like ANet is going to change anything about it - it would take a kittenload of time to do that in hindsight for everything. Let alone the lack of in-game tutorials for basic game mechanics like CC, crafting, etc.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

You’re buying what it is that you see. It’s not on the store to explain to you what that happens to be.

Also, there’s a command in game that will help:

/wiki (insert item name)

Archived