Hero point question

I am a newer player and have both expansions. Having a newly created Necromancer with Hero Points to allocate, I’m wondering how to do it? I’m thinking of going Reaper and was wondering if I should start allocating Hero Points to other things or start saving for Reaper? Also, am I able to reallocate points at a later time, should I not like the build I have created? Thoughts and tips?

You can't start any elite specialization until you are level 80 and have all core traits and skills unlocked, so there's no point in saving up.

Take a look at what seems interesting and go for that, but don't fear spending any "badly" because just by leveling to 80 you'll get hero points enough to unlock everything from the base profession. Everything you get from Hero Challenges just means you'll have everything unlocked earlier.

If you want to be tactical, save up some point when you're in the late 10s as Specializations unlock at 21 and means a pretty strong boost. Same in early 40s as a second line is available at 45.

When you reach Lv.80, you will have all the hero points you will need to unlock all your utility skills and basic trait lines. However, as you are leveling, try going for something you are leaning towards as you level. This will make things a little more comfortable for you. If you feel you messed up on your allocations, just gain a few levels.

As you hit 80 and you are beginning to go towards elite specs, doing the hero point challenges throughout your leveling process will help give you a foothold in your journey to unlock the elite spec.

For leveling, you unlock your elite utility skill (default key: 0) at 31; your trait lines are unlocked at 21, with a second at 45 and third at 71. However, you must be 80 in order to begin investing in your elite spec lines.

As everyone has said, you eventually obtain enough points to fill in all trait lines. Therefor you should definitely build the way you prefer while levelling. Don't worry about what happens later. This is one of the strengths of the game design imo - you can commit to any style of play you like for now without it affecting your ability to re-design your build later. Don't wait to spend your points or you will miss out on benefits in the meantime.

• 1 month later...

Archived