New player asking help from the community

Risay.7516

I decided to watch this video made by Karaoke[MEGA]

I know I may get a lot of hate for my comment, but this is my view as a new player.

The problem is I've tried all of these things as outlined in the video, and I just don't find the game at all interesting or fun. I really want to like this game because the community is really great for it and it's still a popular game but I don't feel any sense of characterization in the game. It's variety is great, the questing is fun, but I feel like crafting is almost non-existent, I also feel like there's a lot of paywalls when it comes to inventory, and bank space even crafting specialization is behind a paywall. A lot of the combat for me feels like it has no effect in the gameplay, I've reached level 80 and it still feels like I'm doing nothing. Often times I find myself running around in lets say a WvW and as soon as I fall into an enemy group I get 1 shot without being to even get 1 kill and it happens even when I'm in a group. There are many times where I don't know what to do either because I'm done the story, or it just becomes a pain to go through the story alone with higher level monsters that you can't win against alone. There are also times when I go to a high level area and it's just a pain to go through because they deal so much damage to you even though they are at your same level, just because you wanted to go explore. To top it off, areas that I explore that are high level are desolate and empty, it feels like you are alone and its a crappy feeling especially when you die with nobody near you. I feel helpless and there's nobody near me to save me, while the nearest waypoint is really far away. I also feel like my time hardly got rewarded whenever I run by lower level area's and they CC me to a walk and still deal a decent amount of dmg. The movement in the game really drags on the gameplay, and you see it even in combat as well. Don't get me wrong, this game is very very well made, they're perfected the aspects of the game but I just wished they'd give you more options for PVE aspects, as much someone would say there's a lot of options for each class well the fact is it's only restricted to that class, and the sense of achievement isn't as apparent. In other mmorpg's I've played you often had to play conservatively and finish everything along the path, I'm that kind of player but I would collect trophies that I would hang or put on display in my player owned house. While in Gw2, I often find myself wondering what have I done so far in guild wars and I save all the boosters because I don't know when I will be able to efficiently use them. I'm running out of inventory space and bank space and here I'm left thinking how are you supposed to enjoy this game as I'm running out of space and I'm beginning to clutter. I always sell junk, deposit materials, but I never use boosters or open crates.

• ArenaNet Staff

Hello,

This is the general discussion forum for Guild Wars 2. I think you'd do well to post in the Players Helping Players forum, as that's where you'll be most likely to receive the assistance you seek. Here's a link: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/players-helping-players

Welcome to the game!!

Archived