Sight Beyond Sight : Rework — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Sight Beyond Sight : Rework

Sazukikrah.5036Sazukikrah.5036 Member ✭✭✭

Warriors elite Utilities are often over looked and hardly used , players are stuck using Core utilities because the elites hardly give any good benefits. Can this skill get some serious rework? I would suggest a immunity to blind for at least 3 seconds instead of a measly remove blind which can just cause you to be blinded again. I understand this is an ammo skill but you can at least make the recharge time higher but give players immunity to blind. Right now this skill is just useless... In all game modes.

Comments

• Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2019

You think thats bad? Eles have literally been asking to have the option to replace our elites with a utility since pretty much day one. I would argue Rampage is EXTREMELY strong and probably one of the strongest single target burst in the game while also having insane CC and decent AoE damage/CC, coupled with 25% damage reduction AND 1000 toughness added as well for some odd reason...... + 33% decreased incoming duration of movement impairment effects. It last 15 seconds.... 15 seconds where everyone has to run for their lives and blow their blinds or [reduced] roots on you. All this in a class that has the highest baseline hp pool and armor rating in the game, and it can be traited to do 20% more damage and have 20% lower CD on a trait that is easily obtainable and meta.

The signet one is pretty decent considering its CD!

Meanwhile, Tornado from ele, no damage reduction (though it does gain 1000 vitality) or movement impairment protection, on lowest hp and armor rating in the game, pitiful damage, only trait you can take on it gives ya some CD reduction and regen/vigor, and all this for the same 15 seconds, where you become a punching bag for everyone.

Honestly, try other classes elites and see that warriors are fine in terms of elite.

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2019

@Fortus.6175 said:
    You think thats bad? Eles have literally been asking to have the option to replace our elites with a utility since pretty much day one. I would argue Rampage is EXTREMELY strong and probably one of the strongest single target burst in the game while also having insane CC and decent AoE damage/CC, coupled with 25% damage reduction AND 1000 toughness added as well for some odd reason...... + 33% decreased incoming duration of movement impairment effects. It last 15 seconds.... 15 seconds where everyone has to run for their lives and blow their blinds or [reduced] roots on you. All this in a class that has the highest baseline hp pool and armor rating in the game, and it can be traited to do 20% more damage and have 20% lower CD on a trait that is easily obtainable and meta.

Meanwhile, Tornado from ele, no damage reduction (though it does gain 1000 vitality) or movement impairment protection, on lowest hp and armor rating in the game, pitiful damage, only trait you can take on it gives ya some CD reduction and regen/vigor, and all this for the same 15 seconds, where you become a punching bag for everyone.

Honestly, try other classes elites and see that warriors are fine in terms of elite.

They meant utility skills unlocked via elite specs, not elite skills. In this they specifically mention Sight beyond Sight.

I have minimal hours logged on Warrior so I am not the best judge, but it does seem like the skill is very subpar, even with 2 charges. I definitely think that some sort of buffs to it would be warranted. I've always thought it would be cool for it to play more on the whole "sight beyond sight" thing, such as being able to see stealthed players and things that would otherwise be hidden, such as enemy traps.

Interested in some off-meta Revenant roaming? Click below.

Shiro/Mallyx | Shiro/Jalis | Shiro/Ventari | Mallyx/Ventari | Mallyx/Jalis | Hybrid Herald

[IH] Invoking Harmony

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fortus.6175 said:

Fiery GS would be truly awesome on DPS Eles like FA if it's cooldown wasn't INSANELY high. Like 3 minutes if I recall. Imagine if it was up as quickly as rampage.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• They meant utility skills unlocked via elite specs, not elite skills. In this they specifically mention Sight beyond Sight.

Yea exactly. @Pterikdactyl.7630 . To @Fortus.6175 Im not talking about Core utilities.. it says it literally in the first line of text. Im talking about elite specialization Utilities. They're hardly ever used on warrior especially in a PvP aspect. Ramapge has been like that since day one, they made a few changes to it awhile back like reducing the time you stay in Rampage. It can be cheap but really used as a last resort Elite hence the long CD . Many of the CC's can be dodged quiet easily though. unless you get hit unexpectedly.

• Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

They meant utility skills unlocked via elite specs, not elite skills. In this they specifically mention Sight beyond Sight.

Yea exactly. @Pterikdactyl.7630 . To @Fortus.6175 Im not talking about Core utilities.. it says it literally in the first line of text. Im talking about elite specialization Utilities. They're hardly ever used on warrior especially in a PvP aspect. Ramapge has been like that since day one, they made a few changes to it awhile back like reducing the time you stay in Rampage. It can be cheap but really used as a last resort Elite hence the long CD . Many of the CC's can be dodged quiet easily though. unless you get hit unexpectedly.

my bad then, carry on

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.