[Vid] Learning frontline staff daredevil

RisenHowl.2419

some stuff i'm picking up on:

-don't go near the center of the zerg, regardless of how many evades you have available-try and stick on the sides of the zerg and chip off pieces-only use vault when i'm sure i can get it off/land it-vault locks you in an animation for the last .5s with no evade, bound evades the entire time and can't be interrupted-i need to get better about using the AA, does a shitload of damage-try and stay on their frontline with daggerstorm to break aegis and reflect projectiles away from our zerg

those are what i'm working on now, should help a bit. anyone have any tips?

@Safandula.8723 said:Double staff with energy sigils+ trickery trait that gives initiative on weapon swap

Loses the smoke field with double staff, that's the only group utility it brings

You also lose sigil of force or accuracy going that route. Easier to just lose force for stamina to replenish dodges.

Honestly I almost never need an extra dodge that isnt available as is. Most fights are decided by the time I would get the chance to use them lol

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:Double staff with energy sigils+ trickery trait that gives initiative on weapon swap

Loses the smoke field with double staff, that's the only group utility it brings

You also lose sigil of force or accuracy going that route. Easier to just lose force for stamina to replenish dodges.

Honestly I almost never need an extra dodge that isnt available as is. Most fights are decided by the time I would get the chance to use them lol

U don't need smoke field in zerg fights, unless it's organized guild or smthn.

@Safandula.8723 said:

U don't need smoke field in zerg fights, unless it's organized guild or smthn.

That's what I'm using it in to replace chrono veils for our tags that don't run a chrono commander

@Asahi.1487 said:Just have to build a team comp around thieves, we use 1 in each group 10+ sec of stealth and rune of speed for some nasty shenanigans. Too bad many commanders think thieves are useless

While they're not useless, they really don't offer anything outside of stealth for the group and they're hard to play to get comparable damage output with. The big advantage is the frequency of 15k+ vaults for spiking a bomb, but staff dd fills the same niche as reaper in that respect: heavy melee aoe damage. It's just less tanky lol

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@Asahi.1487 said:Just have to build a team comp around thieves, we use 1 in each group 10+ sec of stealth and rune of speed for some nasty shenanigans. Too bad many commanders think thieves are useless

While they're not useless, they really don't offer anything outside of stealth for the group and they're hard to play to get comparable damage output with. The big advantage is the frequency of 15k+ vaults for spiking a bomb, but staff dd fills the same niche as reaper in that respect: heavy melee aoe damage. It's just less tanky lol

Reaper got much less of escape potential, he's just punching bag with 2 dodges. Thief can change position very easy, which makes him hard to target.

@Safandula.8723 said:

Reaper got much less of escape potential, he's just punching bag with 2 dodges. Thief can change position very easy, which makes him hard to target.

Reaper doesn't get randomly 1 shot mid animation by CoR either lol. Had one hit me for 18k as I was coming down from vault last night, sitting right on top of their group.

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:I love Staff DD that charges into the enemy zergs with all the high damage evade skills!CD has one top thief who does that with his guild and had a video.You got to see this.Its an old clip but its super awesome.

It's amazing how much power creep has changed wvw, the damage output in that video (both outgoing and incoming) is about half of what happens today lol

Archived