Crafting Astralaria

DHung.5263

Hi guys, I’m planning to craft the Astralaria, I have 2500 gold ready and I’m wondering if it is sufficient to craft it, also wondering what else do I need to farm (mats).

P/S: is it easier/cheaper to craft the frostfang instead? Kinda prefer the looks of it lol

If you prefer the look of Frostfang, you should absolutely go for that instead, simply because you should always go for the one you really want in this price range!Look at videos showcasing both, try to spot them "in the wild" and make your call.

If you go Frostfang, you have a few decisions to make - do you enjoy collections? Because the crafting/collection route is slightly more expensive and takes a lot more work than simply placing a buy order for the precursor.If you want to really get it fast, Frostfang is even available on the trading post as the finished legendary for less than the 2500 g you mention.

As with just about any Gen 2 weapon, the worst part is probably getting the 250 amalgamatd gemstones. They are around 1.75 gold right now. You will also need 250-plus mystic coins (1.35 gold atm), 77 clovers (mostly must be gambled for in the Mystic Forge with mystic coins and obsidian, etc), 100 icy runestones (have to be bought and cost 1 gold each) and enough mats to create two Condensed vials of Might and Magic. Plus, you will need a lot of spiritwood and deldrimor steel and elonian leather, so if you are making your own, make sure to do the Ectoplasm Crafting every day to get the time-gated materials. And you will need some karka shells and passionfruit blossoms from Southsun, geodes from Dry Top and bandit crests from Silverwastes, so it wouldn't hurt to start doing a little daily excursion in each of those areas. (Tip on dry top: you get 100 geodes for every character that map completes it, and the other best way to get them is events during the sandstorm on higher-tier maps.)

When talking about crafting costs, a lot will depend on what your play style has been re mats. Are you the sort of player that just hoards everything in storage till it overflows, or do you sell everything the minute you have it? A lot will depend on what you already have on hand. As far as I remember, the most brutal part of making Astralaria when I did it was the ore and wood farming. The prices seem a bit high right now, so you will probably want to save your gold for the less farmable mats.

Another tip, do the clover gambling early on, because when the forge does not give you clovers, it will drop other T6 mats that you may need. Even occaionally deldrimor and spiritwood.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:As with just about any Gen 2 weapon, the worst part is probably getting the 250 amalgamatd gemstones. They are around 1.75 gold right now. You will also need 250-plus mystic coins (1.35 gold atm), 77 clovers (mostly must be gambled for in the Mystic Forge with mystic coins and obsidian, etc), 100 icy runestones (have to be bought and cost 1 gold each) and enough mats to create two Condensed vials of Might and Magic. Plus, you will need a lot of spiritwood and deldrimor steel and elonian leather, so if you are making your own, make sure to do the Ectoplasm Crafting every day to get the time-gated materials. And you will need some karka shells and passionfruit blossoms from Southsun, geodes from Dry Top and bandit crests from Silverwastes, so it wouldn't hurt to start doing a little daily excursion in each of those areas. (Tip on dry top: you get 100 geodes for every character that map completes it, and the other best way to get them is events during the sandstorm on higher-tier maps.)

When talking about crafting costs, a lot will depend on what your play style has been re mats. Are you the sort of player that just hoards everything in storage till it overflows, or do you sell everything the minute you have it? A lot will depend on what you already have on hand. As far as I remember, the most brutal part of making Astralaria when I did it was the ore and wood farming. The prices seem a bit high right now, so you will probably want to save your gold for the less farmable mats.

Another tip, do the clover gambling early on, because when the forge does not give you clovers, it will drop other T6 mats that you may need. Even occaionally deldrimor and spiritwood.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:As with just about any Gen 2 weapon, the worst part is probably getting the 250 amalgamatd gemstones. They are around 1.75 gold right now. You will also need 250-plus mystic coins (1.35 gold atm), 77 clovers (mostly must be gambled for in the Mystic Forge with mystic coins and obsidian, etc), 100 icy runestones (have to be bought and cost 1 gold each) and enough mats to create two Condensed vials of Might and Magic. Plus, you will need a lot of spiritwood and deldrimor steel and elonian leather, so if you are making your own, make sure to do the Ectoplasm Crafting every day to get the time-gated materials. And you will need some karka shells and passionfruit blossoms from Southsun, geodes from Dry Top and bandit crests from Silverwastes, so it wouldn't hurt to start doing a little daily excursion in each of those areas. (Tip on dry top: you get 100 geodes for every character that map completes it, and the other best way to get them is events during the sandstorm on higher-tier maps.)

Thanks for all the tips. To be honest I think my main issue is to grind mats that cannot be purchased with gold, anything that can be purchased from TP is not much of an issue :/

@DHung.5263 said:

Thanks for all the tips. To be honest I think my main issue is to grind mats that cannot be purchased with gold, anything that can be purchased from TP is not much of an issue :/

Okay. I'm a cheapskate, I did a lot of grinding. =) As far as I can recall, the main things you can't buy are the clovers, geodes and bandit crests, plus I believe you will need a bit of HoT map currency, but not too much. You will also need all your HoT masteries maxed out (unless you are using desert mastery, I think they are interchangeable these days apparently that's wrong) so if you don't have that done, you might want to start looking at mastery points. Note that along the Astralaria journey, you will have to do some of the mini-game adventures, and those will give you some mastery points as well. And you'll need some spirit shards, but I think most of us have plenty of those. You will also need to put in some time in WvW or PvP for a Gift of Battle.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

Okay. I'm a cheapskate, I did a lot of grinding. =) As far as I can recall, the main things you can't buy are the clovers, geodes and bandit crests, plus I believe you will need a bit of HoT map currency, but not too much. You will also need all your HoT masteries maxed out (unless you are using desert mastery, I think they are interchangeable these days) so if you don't have that done, you might want to start looking at mastery points. Note that along the Astralaria journey, you will have to do some of the mini-game adventures, and those will give you some mastery points as well. And you'll need some spirit shards, but I think most of us have plenty of those. You will also need to put in some time in WvW or PvP for a Gift of Battle.

Can't use Gift of the Desert for 2nd gen weapons with a collection.

@DHung.5263 said:Hi guys, I’m planning to craft the Astralaria, I have 2500 gold ready and I’m wondering if it is sufficient to craft it, also wondering what else do I need to farm (mats).

P/S: is it easier/cheaper to craft the frostfang instead? Kinda prefer the looks of it lol

If you have 2,500 in gold, and you like the way Frostfang looks, I would just buy it on the TP and save myself a gargantuan amount of time and effort (and frustration).

Thanks guys for all the tips...

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@DHung.5263 said:Hi guys, I’m planning to craft the Astralaria, I have 2500 gold ready and I’m wondering if it is sufficient to craft it, also wondering what else do I need to farm (mats).

If you have 2,500 in gold, and you like the way Frostfang looks, I would just buy it on the TP and save myself a
gargantuan
amount of time and effort (and frustration).

Kinda prefer the Astralaria now :/ lol

@DHung.5263 said:Thanks guys for all the tips...

If you have 2,500 in gold, and you like the way Frostfang looks, I would just buy it on the TP and save myself a
gargantuan

The collections aren’t as difficult as people make out. I love my Astralaria and it was totally worth it.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

gargantuan

The collections aren’t as difficult as people make out. I love my Astralaria and it was totally worth it.

The collections are the 4 vol. from grandmaster hobbs? I have 2500 gold ready but I know there are tons of other grindings required..i.e mystic clover, spirit shards, etc and etc :(

@DHung.5263 said:

gargantuan

The collections are the 4 vol. from grandmaster hobbs? I have 2500 gold ready but I know there are tons of other grindings required..i.e mystic clover, spirit shards, etc and etc :(

The books from Hobbs unlock the collections you have to do to unlock the recipe. Like fighting certain bosses, doing jumping puzzles, adventure mini-games, etc.By the way, be warned--making a legendary almost requires an extra backpack or bank space to hold all the collection junk. But personally, I thought the collection was mostly a lot of fun (with certain aggravating parts excluded!)Here are the four collections for Astralaria.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Astralaria_I:_The_Devicehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Astralaria_II:_The_Apparatushttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Astralaria_III:_The_Mechanismhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Astralaria_IV:_The_Cosmos

One tricky part of the collections is figuring out what you can safely delete, and what you need to save to build other collection parts. But if you accidentally delete a part you need, you can buy a new one from Grandmaster Hobbs.

And if JPs are not your thing, you might want to budget for a mesmer to help you with the Not So Secret. :D

Archived