Next Elite Progression.

dceptaconroy.7928

Hey necroids. Just wondering if I sorta figured something out via our beginner masks. Probably not spot on but:Core spec is represented by our choosing necro itself as the class so not so much one of the masks.Skull - reaper,Red/(yellow - sand) demon- scourge,Wraith - our next.What do you think? Any eggs out there maybe like what I've mentioned giving us hints, or purely at the behest of the designers?Ps necro this someone if I guess right!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The themes that we're seeing in the Elite specs are inspired by horror movies. The reaper is the slow moving Tanky Movie horror monster like Jason, Pyramid Head, that sort of thing. The Scourge is the Mummy or other Egyptian themed movies with powerful Undead Sand Liches. So we're likely to see other Horror tropes rise with that. The Wraith is more Folklore and not supper popular in terms of Films. The Poltergeist would be more in line with this, so a Spec Summoning Ghosties(Ritualist), The Vampire spec, a Zombie spec or Eldritch Horror spec. These are what I see as the most likely.

@"DeathsProphet.7460" said:As WoodenPotatoes pointed out in one of his tweets, "order" skills have been added to the game which could be a hint towards an upcoming e-spec. Orders were necro skills in gw1 that required health sacrifice to cause some effect.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Death-Branded_Hessper_Sasso

anet tend to give characters from gw1 that appear in gw2 skills from gw1. iirc in the last episode of season 3 somebody was using hexxes

@Lily.1935 said:The themes that we're seeing in the Elite specs are inspired by horror movies. The reaper is the slow moving Tanky Movie horror monster like Jason, Pyramid Head, that sort of thing. The Scourge is the Mummy or other Egyptian themed movies with powerful Undead Sand Liches. So we're likely to see other Horror tropes rise with that. The Wraith is more Folklore and not supper popular in terms of Films. The Poltergeist would be more in line with this, so a Spec Summoning Ghosties(Ritualist), The Vampire spec, a Zombie spec or Eldritch Horror spec. These are what I see as the most likely.

if you allow me to be a stick in the mud, i doubt we'll see a ghost, vampire or zombie espec given that those themes are mostly covered by core necro (minions, death magic, blood magic and spectral skills) and i don't see how they would do an eldritch horror spec for necro.

The Perfect Match

-Necromancer/Ritualist

• Masters of summoning the spirit of the dead

---'The Ritualist can also use the remains of the dead to defend the living-not by reanimating corpses as a Necromancer would, but through the ritual use of urns and ashes'

http://bestgamewallpapers.com/files/guild-wars-factions/ritualist-jadesea.jpg

(look closely .at what is on her hand)

Necromancer would have access to the Ritualist skills. Can you imagine the possibilities?? In Guild Wars, a profession is given a second profession line---where a main-primary having access (limited) to a secondary profession skills. Here is Necromancer/Ritualist

Necromancer/Ritualist

A Necromancer can function as a healer using Restoration Magic, managing energy with the Soul Reaping bonus.A reusable resurrection skill is useful.The Ritualist's spirit conjuring abilities can complement a Necromancer's Death Magic skill usefully for minion masters, providing blanket effects over all of their undead

Can you imagine the possibilities of builds and skills? Anyhow, those are my thoughts for Necromancer next elite profession.

https://guildwars.fandom.com/wiki/Secondary_professions_for_a_Necromancerhttps://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ritualisthttps://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Necromancerhttps://gwpvx.gamepedia.com/Special:PrefixIndex/Build:N/

@Lily.1935 said:The themes that we're seeing in the Elite specs are inspired by horror movies. The reaper is the slow moving Tanky Movie horror monster like Jason, Pyramid Head, that sort of thing. The Scourge is the Mummy or other Egyptian themed movies with powerful Undead Sand Liches. So we're likely to see other Horror tropes rise with that. The Wraith is more Folklore and not supper popular in terms of Films. The Poltergeist would be more in line with this, so a Spec Summoning Ghosties(Ritualist), The Vampire spec, a Zombie spec or Eldritch Horror spec. These are what I see as the most likely.

You forgot xenomorph for mists/space theme or creepy clown in a sewer.

@Vancho.8750 said:

Possible access to stealth for necros? Creepy stalking spec with sword (because must have sword).

@Lahmia.2193 said:

Possible access to stealth for necros? Creepy stalking spec with sword (because must have sword).

That's what I'm thinking, must have a Boo! Spec -stealthy sword.

@Vancho.8750 said:

Those are less common than the ones I listed. But if we get to 6 or 7 elite specs we might see those. Who knows?

@dceptaconroy.7928 said:

Giant Space Hamsters everywhere!

Props if you catch the reference.

PS. Wth is going on in this thread? :lol:

@Lahmia.2193 said:

doubtful, stealth on necro would be a nightmare from a balancing perspective

@Yannir.4132 said:

who knows. i find it unsettling so it's fitting for necro

@derd.6413 said:

I'd be happy to have another spec that lacks the traditional shroud.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

I'd be happy to have another spec that lacks the traditional shroud.

even without a shroud stealth necro would be a bad idea

@"derd.6413" said:even without a shroud stealth necro would be a bad idea

Why?Personally I don't think this would be an issue balance wise since the core necromancer don't have excessive mobility or one shot mechanism inbuilt in it's weapon skills and utility skills. Where I see an issue is more that it doesn't fit well with the defensive philosophy of the necromancer because it's an indirect damage avoidance mechanism while the necromancer's defense philosophy is to not "avoid" damage.

Thematicaly, stealth fit with quite a few folklore monster (vampire, specter, ghost or even the most common murderer from thrillers/horror movie tend to be proficient at staying hidden from prying eyes). I'd even say that it's already quite surprising that stealth didn't make it to the necromancer up to now.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"derd.6413" said:even without a shroud stealth necro would be a bad idea

Why?Personally I don't think this would be an issue balance wise since the core necromancer don't have excessive mobility or one shot mechanism inbuilt in it's weapon skills and utility skills. Where I see an issue is more that it doesn't fit well with the defensive philosophy of the necromancer because it's an indirect damage avoidance mechanism while the necromancer's defense philosophy is to not "avoid" damage.

Thematicaly, stealth fit with quite a few folklore monster (vampire, specter, ghost or even the most common murderer from thrillers/horror movie tend to be proficient at staying hidden from prying eyes). I'd even say that it's already quite surprising that stealth didn't make it to the necromancer up to now.

hit the nail on the head there "stealth as a mechanic doesn't fit necro"

I would say Reaper has more in common with Wraiths than Skulls tbh

When it comes to new elite specs though I'm at a bit of a loss this time.. I can't really think of much more they can do with the elite specs..Although I do like a concept i've got in mind for duel greatsword wielding Warrior which I call the Jugganaut (I know there's a skill with the name)But other than that.. yeah i'm drawing a total blank for the rest of the classes, makes me glad it's not my job to think them up right now XD

Archived