Discussion stability

Maddog.3716

Why in gw2 stability is protected against all forms of control. Resistance has protection from magical control. For a good conter play need to separate the notion of disorientation in the magic type and physical. To give stability, protection from physical control and resistance-magic. This will give greater popularity boon - resistance. Reduce the nervousness among the players with the current pvp situation when almost all covered with stability.For example fear-magic control. Resistance protects from it and stability too. You need to remove the stability the ability to resist fear and similar spells and leave it just for resistance. Stability, in turn, will leave the ability to protect against the physical type of control.

• Corruption abilities (Necromancer) can counter stability.
  • Sigil of Annulment (available for everyone)
  • Sigil of Revocation (available for everyone)
  • Traited thief steal
  • Arcane Thievery (mesmer)
  • Oppressive Collapse (spellbreaker)
  • True Nature (Herald)

These are just a few examples of skills that can instantly remove a full stack of stability. Not to mention there's only 4 skills in the game that share stability lasting more than 1 second, plus most of the time it only requires 2 cc attacks to nullify. It really isn't an issue, if you have problems with it I suggest you kite and wait it out.

@rng.1024 said:

• Traited thief steal
  • True Nature (Herald)

These are just a few examples of skills that can instantly remove a full stack of stability. Not to mention there's only 4 skills in the game that share stability lasting more than 1 second, plus most of the time it only requires 2 cc attacks to nullify. It really isn't an issue, if you have problems with it I suggest you kite and wait it out.

He‘s talking about splitng the effects of stability and resistance. E.g. stability and resistance both protect against fear but residtance doesn‘t protect against stuns => e.g. stability only for stuns and resistance only for fear.

@Derenaya.3479 said:

@"rng.1024" said:
  • Traited thief steal
  • True Nature (Herald)

He‘s talking about splitng the effects of stability and resistance. E.g. stability and resistance both protect against fear but residtance doesn‘t protect against stuns => e.g. stability only for stuns and resistance only for fear.

Thanks, that's right.The number of skills a "magic type" more than one fear. They can be checked while in a condition of resistance.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:Problem I have with stability is that there is no visual tell to it. When deciding whether or not to use a CC, or boon strip/corrupt, you have to play iSpy with the player's boon bar.

You should be checking what boons your target has. It does not require additional visual indicators.

As for stability overall, with the exception of engi no class has much stability access through meta builds and there way more CCs and boon rip/removal that stability is becoming borderline useless.

@otto.5684 said:

@Arcaedus.7290 said:Problem I have with stability is that there is no visual tell to it. When deciding whether or not to use a CC, or boon strip/corrupt, you have to play iSpy with the player's boon bar.

You should be checking what boons your target has. It does not require additional visual indicators.

As for stability overall, with the exception of engi no class has much stability access through meta builds and there way more CCs and boon rip/removal that stability is becoming borderline useless.

I disagree with this. Soulbeast have access to dolyak stance, which can be shared and even extended with Moa, also the elite shout, which would take the spot of wolf elite, but it is a viable option into teams with high CC. FB has PLENTY of access to AoE stab with long duration and reapplicability. Warrior have good personal use of stability many of which are stunbreakers, on top of other stun breakers that give 1000 toughness if traited. Believe it or not, thieves too if they are smart about their steals; steals prioritize stability above all else, and pretty much all thieves builds have the share boons on stealing trait, so you dont need to have a FB or SB in your team to share stability (granted somewhat situational but stability does fly around in teamfights a lot). While holo doesnt have spammable stability, they have CC immunity and holo mode isnt exactly long CD either or a drawback to use consistently.

Most meta builds have decent to extreme access to stability, in fact, most of the classes that are not making it to the meta are those which do not have easy access to stability even if heavily traited (elementalists, revenants) or dont have stunbreakers/stealth/teleports on short CD (mirage having all of those on really simple access).

I just posted this in another thread too. The boon and debuff bar are incredibly small. It's a pain trying to keep an eye on that, an eye on when to dodge, and also an eye on your cooldowns/rotation

Control effectsDazeFloatKnockbackKnockdownLaunchRadiuPullSinkStunFear 1Taunt 11 Fear and Taunt are both conditions and control effects.

We have 9 kinds of physical control and 2 condition(magic). That's unfair. Some of the physical effects from this list should be condition control.

Why stability has protection from condition control when the game has an effect boon-resistance.

Stability-Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.

Guys I'm not a necromancer. It's just a thought

Fear and Taunt are conditions that make you lose control of your character just like any Hard CC. Stability is suposed to counter hard CC and thus Countering Fear and Taunt.

If you really want these to not be countered by both stability and resistance, I think making them separate effects instead of conditions is the best approach (And thus no longer negated by resistance) than having hard CC that isn't countered by Stability.

@otto.5684 said:

Great. Lets remove the visual tell for aegis then?

Archived