[suggestion]Unhindered Combatant

Safandula.8723

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Your suggestion was good but it necessitate a stacking effect, so meh.

More than meh. The possibility of 9 seconds of exhaustion from a single dodge is not worth the 2 from cripple.

1 dodge can apply max of 4s of exhaust, the problem is if u dodge to break immob, than get immobilized and dodge again, than it can summ up to 12 s, but these are extreme situations.i dont rly get the change to exhaustion stacking, its just stupid.

More than meh. The possibility of 9 seconds of exhaustion from a single dodge is not worth the 2 from cripple.

1 dodge can apply max of 4s of exhaust, the problem is if u dodge to break immob, than get immobilized and dodge again, than it can summ up to 12 s, but these are extreme situations.i dont rly get the change to exhaustion stacking, its just stupid.

If you have 3 different Movement impairing conditions UC will clear all of them and stack Exhaustion.

Patch notes:

Exhaustion: This effect now stacks in duration up to 3 times.

Unhindered Combatant: The duration of exhaustion that this trait applies when dodging is now 2 seconds if crippled is present, 3 seconds if chilled is present, and 4 seconds if immobilized is present. Exhaustion will now be applied when the dodge is initiated.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Turk.5460 said:I highly doubt it is going to apply the duration from the lesser effects in the same UC dodge.

Hopefully not, but Anets track record doesn’t give much for faith on balance decisions, and they specifically state Exhaustion Stacks and never said that UC won’t cause one UC removing multiple don’t stack.

Yeah the wordings to describe the skill changes has a lot of loop holes that can causes confusions.

I am hoping the meaning is depending on which immob condition is present. The highest sec is the amount of secs you get exhaustion. Each dodge will apply 1 stack of exhaustion if there is conditions present. So up to 3 stacks since a DD can dodge 3 times in a roll. So they want us to space our dodges and watch out what kind of condition we have. Small fights won't punish you as much compared to running through a blob hot zone. LOL

If you have 3 different Movement impairing conditions UC will clear all of them and stack Exhaustion.

Patch notes:

Unhindered Combatant: The duration of exhaustion that this trait applies when dodging is now 2 seconds if crippled is present, 3 seconds if chilled is present, and 4 seconds if immobilized is present. Exhaustion will now be applied when the dodge is initiated.

Note: Exhaustion will now be applied when the dodge is initiated.Meaning: Only one stack of Exhaustion per dodge.

If immob, then Exhaust = 4sElse if chilled, then Exhaust = 3sElse if crippled, then Exhaust = 2s

Removing all three CCs in a single dodge will not give you 3 stacks. It only applies the longest duration per dodge. So if you have all three CCs, you only get 4s of Exhaustion.

The stacking happens when you break CC every dodge within the duration. Example, if you break an Immob, you get 4s Exhaust. Then 2s later you broke another Immob, then you get another 4s. Since only 2s had passed, you will now have 2 stacks of Exhaustion that will expire in 6s, which is a total Exhaustion time of 8s. Since DD has a 3rd dodge, you can stack another Exhaustion if you break another Immob. Your total Exhaustion time will be 12s -- that is 12s without Endurance regen. Then you'll have to wait for Endurance to regen normally which is roughly 30s (without Vigor, 15s with Vigor) for a total Endurance denial of ~42s.

Just as someone mentioned before, this is an extreme case.

Patch notes:

Note:
Exhaustion will now be applied when the dodge is initiated.
Meaning:
Only one stack of Exhaustion per dodge.

If immob, then Exhaust = 4sElse if chilled, then Exhaust = 3sElse if crippled, then Exhaust = 2s

Removing all three CCs in a single dodge will not give you 3 stacks. It only applies the longest duration per dodge. So if you have all three CCs, you only get 4s of Exhaustion.

The stacking happens when you break CC every dodge within the duration. Example, if you break an Immob, you get 4s Exhaust. Then 2s later you broke another Immob, then you get another 4s. Since only 2s had passed, you will now have 2 stacks of Exhaustion that will expire in 6s, which is a total Exhaustion time of 8s. Since DD has a 3rd dodge, you can stack another Exhaustion if you break another Immob. Your total Exhaustion time will be 12s -- that is 12s without Endurance regen. Then you'll have to wait for Endurance to regen normally which is roughly 30s (without Vigor, 15s with Vigor) for a total Endurance denial of ~42s.

Missed that one line, thanks for pointing it out.

Patch notes:

Note:
Exhaustion will now be applied when the dodge is initiated.
Meaning:
Only one stack of Exhaustion per dodge.

Problem is it's not that extreme and now that exhaustion stacks people will know to keep loading up the thief with cripple/chilled/immobilise to keep the daredevil locked out of endurance regeneration forever. In fact in situations where people have lots of access to any of those conditions every dash can stack more exhaustion on you 3 times for more total endurance regeneration shutdown than before. As usual this is Arenanet's attempt to buff thief but in reality it's a nerf.

@CamiloCC.8175 said:I think dash players may suffer from exaustion stacks due to our high ping in Asia.

By this change a good thief wield s/d ,even p/x or other professions could time thier immob correctly and punish dash player so hard, just because we cannot chain our dodge perfectly when we have a average 250+ ping here.

I know some people might say don't play thief with such ping, or swap to s/d core but I do like the play style in d/p dash, and this change really makes me feels bad. :'(

I know that feel bro...Aussie here. Had bad internet for years even with optical fibre now and it's still bad ping. The distance from the servers makes sure we're always at a disadvantage before we even play the game.

I think dash players may suffer from exaustion stacks due to our high ping in Asia.

By this change a good thief wield s/d ,even p/x or other professions could time thier immob correctly and punish dash player so hard, just because we cannot chain our dodge perfectly when we have a average 250+ ping here.

I know some people might say don't play thief with such ping, or swap to s/d core but I do like the play style in d/p dash, and this change really makes me feels bad. :'(

Archived