Thunderhead Keep / Room Raider: Purple Plate

Dears,

I read many threads about the story of the bugged plate, but I did not understand it clearly. I come therefore with the following questions.

1. One room is Tomb of Marhan. The purple plate is the one giving access to it. Correct?
  2. Getting this purple plate: Is it one to be found on the floor after solving the puzzle of the room (like the others) OR is it dropped by the Gravelin?
  3. Optional question depending on answer to previous question 2.: If the plate should be earned like all the other, is the Gravelin the "puzzle" of the room Tomb of Marhan?

Sorry to be slow on understanding. Thank you for help. :3

yes the purple plate unlocks the tomb of marhan ap, its the one where you unlock the consul's tomb poi, the purple plate will give access into this room.
If its working correctly you go in search the sarcophagus to release the veteran graveling after its dead the next plate the next plate should be on the floor. not exactly a puzzle in this one lol. I believe the ap is done when the plate is picked up...hence room completethe bug we were all suffering was the graveling was not always dropping a plate after being defeated...even if solo killed many times in a row,as for acquiring the purple plate to get in to this room, its all random you may start with it, you may find it in another room or you may not get that room at all that day.

hope this helps :)

The last room POI does not require access any longer. You can get the POI by moving up to the gate (not mounted) if you need it for map completion.

For everything else you need the light of Deldrimore anyway if you want the chests and rewards. Unless you want the achievement done which requires you to access all the rooms.

Purple room was also fixed. The plate now drops for all people present in the room when the graveling dies.

Thanks Cyninja, but I know all that. My post concerns completion of the Dwarven Room Raider achievement, for which I miss one unique room: Tomb of Marhan that requires the purple plate to enter (not the plate dropping from the graveling but the one giving access to graveling room).

I have done lot of rounds already and never got the purple plate. I understood - thanks to replies in this thread - that to get purple plate is randomized and Khisanth.2948 told me to ask in map chat, because we all have same instance in same map, so if one player gets purple, all others will get it too. I will try to apply that method. :)

Also, it never hurts to ask in map chat (or look in LFG) if there is a mesmer who can portal into the purple room. You'll probably have more luck with this during busy hours, especially directly after the north or south map meta events finish, i.e. at or shortly after each full hour.

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:Yes, a lot, thank you. In short, that's an RNG and I just need to keep repeating again and again until I finally get this purple plate so I can reach last room I miss, Tomb of Marhan. Will try to remain motivated! :3

Gravelin = purple room, the room you need to enter during story

Anet already fixed the RNG plate drop during the lunar fest patches, the (random colour) plate is dropping for everyone in the room, even if you did not land a hit on the Gravlin

Archived