Revenant worth it for PvP?

UfoCoffee.2084

Hey all,

I main a thief. Sometimes play mirage and sometimes reaper. Getting a bit bored of them and want something new.

Was thinking of making a rev. I've fought against tons of them so know what they do but just wanted to know how rev mains feel about them.

They seem to have crazy damage and mobility. I know condi is a weakness. Is it worth me making one for PvP and WvW only. I don't care about fractals etc.

Cheers.

@UfoCoffee.2084 said:

@Kain Francois.4328 said:Renegade is bad. Herald is fun.

I prefer Revenant more as the ultimate WvW class, but you can apply a similar build for PvP and still do decently in lower tiers.

Only lower tiers? I watch vallun and sindrener streaming and there's heralds in those games doing really well.

What does it beat/ lose to 1v1?

It's a +1 class. You shouldn't be going into 1v1's.

herald with glint/shiro is top tier. They are a +1 big burst opening with unblockable attacks. Don't expect to last long in a duel, but target specific people and try to find an opening to unload your burst when they aren't paying attention. I like to bait out my enemies burst and a couple defensive tools before I rain destruction on their faces. My favorite pvp proff just for the quick deletes.

Watch the heck out for boonbeast and mirage.

Power Shiro Rev is one of the most fun and effective builds that I've played in sPvP. You want to roam around and look for +1 opportunities. You're also useful in team fights where you can lay down some AOE damage and then look for burst opportunities to finish people off.

Just make sure that you read and understand all of your traits and skills. There are a lot of ways to ramp up movement speed during combat, damage modifiers etc.

The learning curve is a little steeper on Rev, but IMO, it's not as bad as most people make it out to be.

@Sampson.2403 said:The learning curve is a little steeper on Rev, but IMO, it's not as bad as most people make it out to be.

In my time with Rev, I've learned to see it as a class that is very user friendly, but very punishing. Similar to Necromancer in that it's actually quite easy to pick up and go with, but you'll pay very heavily for mistakes. Neither of them have get out of jail free cards (passive or active invulns for example) and both are easy to focus down if the player behind it doesn't know how to kite or position themselves.

The difficulty in playing Rev is learning what kind of damage you and and can't afford to take. Most classes can recover from, negate or retaliate where as Rev is about avoidance. Hence why it has stunbreaks with blinds or evades, skills with evades and high mobility, Slows, Chills etc.

@UfoCoffee.2084 said:

@Kain Francois.4328 said:Renegade is bad. Herald is fun.

I prefer Revenant more as the ultimate WvW class, but you can apply a similar build for PvP and still do decently in lower tiers.

Only lower tiers? I watch vallun and sindrener streaming and there's heralds in those games doing really well.

What does it beat/ lose to 1v1?

Lose to 1v1? Everything. What does it beat 1v1? Nothing. If you want to duel don't pick Revenant. It's not built to do that. It's built to be a +1, to provide support for your duelers so the kill is faster and they can move on to the next target. Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

Though when Kain made his lower tiers comment I imagine he was talking about Renegade which is only good at lower tiers, if even that. You can take Herald into the higher tier levels though they'll make you work for it.

Archived