Domain of Istan: Chest contents for Palawadan and the Great Hall

Chests in Paladawan and Great Hall after last patch got nerfed. Right now I am getting around 15 Volatile Magic from one chest. Before patch it was around 40. Note from last patch: "Domain of Istan: Chest contents have been improved for Palawadan and the Mordant Crescent Great Hall." So something went terribly wrong. Chest contents haven't been improved, it was nerfed.

What I am hoping to see is someone who posts the following:

• The total data of actual drops from looting a full Istan meta before Tuesday
  • The same for a full run after the patch.
  • Better would be data for 5 or 10 runs (to reduce the chance of streaks), but there hasn't been enough time for it.

It's impossible to say whether the overall result is a buff or a nerf if all one is looking at is a single component of the loot. Sure, VM was a significant determining factor, but what if the chests also went from two unID gear to three, with the third one have a 50% chance of being rare? Over time, that could turn out to be more valuable than the VM purported to be missing. That's an unrealistic example, of course; it's there to illustrate the point that the amount of VM itself isn't enough to decide.

tl;dr I'm waiting for someone to post data, rather than impressions.

@"DedalNort.3627" said:15 VM x30 chests= 450VM40VM x30 chests= 1200VM1200-450=750VM750 Volatile Magic = 2,2 gold if you buy Trophy Shipment. 2 gold it's not only impression, so maybe we could get some clarification from devs what was changed.

That's theoretically better, except it's entirely based on your impression of how much VM you got before & after. Humans are notoriously bad at remembering what they had for breakfast this morning, which is why I don't trust my own impressions of how much loot I get unless I keep careful track.

Plus, it's only one component of the loot; there are others.

I don't think we should trust ANet's word that the loot was buffed. I just think we can be more careful in demonstrating the actual results. It could be they nerfed by accident (or on purpose). But it could also be that they changed where the most beneficial parts of the loot were.Or it could even be that they increased part of the reward and considered that a buff.

That's why I prefer to see actual data rather than "right now I'm getting around" statements.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"DedalNort.3627" said:15 VM x30 chests= 450VM40VM x30 chests= 1200VM1200-450=750VM750 Volatile Magic = 2,2 gold if you buy Trophy Shipment. 2 gold it's not only impression, so maybe we could get some clarification from devs what was changed.

That's theoretically better, except it's entirely based on your impression of how much VM you got before & after. Humans are notoriously bad at remembering what they had for breakfast this morning, which is why I don't trust my own impressions of how much loot I get
unless
I keep careful track.

Plus, it's only one component of the loot; there are others.

I don't think we should trust ANet's word that the loot was buffed. I just think we can be more careful in demonstrating the actual results. It could be they nerfed by accident (or on purpose). But it could also be that they changed where the most beneficial parts of the loot were.Or it could even be that they increased part of the reward and considered that a buff.

That's why I prefer to see actual data rather than "right now I'm getting around" statements.

Probably you are right.Just one thing that I would like to add.That's theoretically better, except it's entirely based on your impression of how much VM you got before & after.I remember how much VM I got before. If you want proof you can check youtube and see how much people got before patch.

Due to connectivity issues, the last time I was in an Istan meta I was lagging so badly I couldn't tag anything, so I only got the stash loot. I missed two chests due to lag, and got a total of 925 volatile magic. I actually wrote down how much magic I had because I was curious on what I would make now after the change.

925/(28+8) = 25.7so I got in average 25 VM per chest. Seems the VM gain has been halved from chests.

Archived