What can I do next, and where should I start? (Lvl.80)

Noxyz.8092

I am a new player. Played a few characters to like 40ish and bought the expansions, boosted an elementalist to 80 since I was not interested in the core build and solely wanted to play weaver. I have done the PoF story line and now im just 30 hero points away from the weaver spec. However, some guides I looked at the weaver should be using ferocity and precision. I do not have a dagger for offhand either. What should I do to get gear? I only have about 3gold or so, meaning the TP is not really an option. Lots of guides are saying that crafting is an easy way but I do not have funds for that either. I was also wondering if there's any point in doing the personal story and HoT story lines? PoF did not seem to give me much other than introduce me to the area. Some guides also mentioned doing fractals, but can I do them with the lvl 80 boost gear? Which ones are doable without ascended gear or optimal exotic gear? Finally, is there any way to gain gold other than selling stuff on the TP?

You can do fractal T1 (1-25) you can definitely get it done without ascended gears (you can collect agony resistance along the way and you need them for higher fractals), try to complete your daily recommendations, and repeat doing T1 until eventually you get enough pristine fractal relics to get your trinkets (Start off with rings you need 10 pristine per ring, note that you can’t wear 2 similar ascended rings, but from fractal merchants you’ll get 2 different rings with similar stats), it’s fairly easy to get 20 pristine fractals to buy your first 2 ascended rings, from there you can put agony resistance collected from daily and also chest and put them into the ring, you need higher agony resistance for higher fractals...

@"Noxyz.8092" said:Finally, is there any way to gain gold other than selling stuff on the TP?

Completing events on maps and fractal boxes drop "junk" worth quite a bit to vendors. Completing all paths in a dungeon should be worth over 1 gold. Raids give liquid gold.

But the most accessible (albeit time-gated) way is to complete daily achievements -- complete 3 and you will get 2 gold. Pick the right ones (vista or the harvesting ones are trivial, and some of the PvP and WvW ones are pretty easy too), and you can be done in just a few minutes.

@perilisk.1874 said:

@"Noxyz.8092" said:Finally, is there any way to gain gold other than selling stuff on the TP?

Completing events on maps and fractal boxes drop "junk" worth quite a bit to vendors. Completing all paths in a dungeon should be worth over 1 gold. Raids give liquid gold.

But the most accessible (albeit time-gated) way is to complete daily achievements -- complete 3 and you will get 2 gold. Pick the right ones (vista or the harvesting ones are trivial, and some of the PvP and WvW ones are pretty easy too), and you can be done in just a few minutes.

Thank you. What about the story line and HoT story, are they worth completing if you don't have an interest in the lore? Also to do the dungeons/fractals I would need a dagger to accompany the sword right? Is there an easy boss or quest that would give me one?

@DHung.5263 said:You can do fractal T1 (1-25) you can definitely get it done without ascended gears (you can collect agony resistance along the way and you need them for higher fractals), try to complete your daily recommendations, and repeat doing T1 until eventually you get enough pristine fractal relics to get your trinkets (Start off with rings you need 10 pristine per ring, note that you can’t wear 2 similar ascended rings, but from fractal merchants you’ll get 2 different rings with similar stats), it’s fairly easy to get 20 pristine fractals to buy your first 2 ascended rings, from there you can put agony resistance collected from daily and also chest and put them into the ring, you need higher agony resistance for higher fractals...

Are the easier fractals done with public LFG searches and random parties or do I need to join a guild?

@Noxyz.8092 said:

@DHung.5263 said:You can do fractal T1 (1-25) you can definitely get it done without ascended gears (you can collect agony resistance along the way and you need them for higher fractals), try to complete your daily recommendations, and repeat doing T1 until eventually you get enough pristine fractal relics to get your trinkets (Start off with rings you need 10 pristine per ring, note that you can’t wear 2 similar ascended rings, but from fractal merchants you’ll get 2 different rings with similar stats), it’s fairly easy to get 20 pristine fractals to buy your first 2 ascended rings, from there you can put agony resistance collected from daily and also chest and put them into the ring, you need higher agony resistance for higher fractals...

Are the easier fractals done with public LFG searches and random parties or do I need to join a guild?

You can do everything with LFG. Some groups might require specific things (like killproof), but 1-25 should be free for all so you can preety much join any group.Ofc its better to run with guildies, more fun/chill + they wouldnt mind explaining mechanics, but you shouldnt have a problem using the lfg.

@Noxyz.8092 said:

@Noxyz.8092 said:Finally, is there any way to gain gold other than selling stuff on the TP?

Thank you. What about the story line and HoT story, are they worth completing if you don't have an interest in the lore? Also to do the dungeons/fractals I would need a dagger to accompany the sword right? Is there an easy boss or quest that would give me one?

They kinda are as they give Mastery Points.

@"Noxyz.8092" said:Thank you. What about the story line and HoT story, are they worth completing if you don't have an interest in the lore? Also to do the dungeons/fractals I would need a dagger to accompany the sword right? Is there an easy boss or quest that would give me one?

You can complete story for the progression perks. They give you skins, achievement points, mastery points, unlock areas with nice farmable resources and gear etc. The story also gives some structure. It actually leads you through all the maps that you will play on anyway. You would be much more informed about what it is in the game if you follow where the story leads you. You probably do not know about a lot of maps that you can farm to get the stuff you want since you boosted from 40 to PoF immediately. You skipped a lot of stuff that 1) is actual content 2) would inform you naturally about a lot of stuff you have questions about now.

For gear first you need to get yourself some exotic gear. The simplest ways to get these through karma merchants in Orr, dungeons, drop in meta events and map completion.Here is a good guide to start: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Guide:How_to_Gear_a_Character

And the site in general will be useful for you.

As generally for end game. Basically choose what you find more interesting and go for it:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endgame

Archived