sword dagger thief

Belishine.7493

You need both Trickery (lowers the base CD of Steal) and Acrobatics (lowers CD of Steal on evade), thus taking Daredevil means you have to give up either traitline, which means, you are gimping yourself since DD does nothing for Steal.

If you choose to keep both, then that would mean you are sacrificing DA for DD. DA is the traitline that makes your Steal really potent. The damage (and heal) from Mug with lower Steal CD is very noticeable.

So if you choose to take DD, you are basically choosing what kind of gimping you want to apply to yourself.

Instant reflexes is 2s evade on 90s CD, it's not that great in fact. In wvw u can swap acrobatics, cuz u can kite enemies with dash, and u got a time, in pvp its more dynamic and u need that vigor to stay alive in this big clusterfuck and more steals with Acro. Imo in wvw dd is better than Acro, but it may be my personal prefference

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Hard to say, I personally liked the 10% dmg while wielding a sword, well it's 240 power now. I always ran pain response and don't stop trait. No movement condis will effect you (not talking about torment)

Never like instant reflexes, being on a very mobile/slippery class I don't think it's really needed.

Yup I agree, it's not needed. The ICD is horrible for it to be really useful. It can never compete with Pain Response.

Edit: For it to compete, it needs 60s ICD with a 75% health threshold.

if you really want to play sword daredevil, then try sword/pistol acro/trick/dd. Take bound instead of uc as it allows access to stealth and the rest of the traits are the usual picks. It deals good damage and has all of the bases covered, it just feels awkward to play at first because of the self rooting of pistol whip.

i gess ill try to mess around with dd to see if the sword dagger is any good for me in pvp. From what i see most of you saying im not rilly losing anything is i do this other then the viger but i though dd had that too and was ment for the sword play? i gess this will take to testing but i gess here it goes.

@Belishine.7493 said:i gess ill try to mess around with dd to see if the sword dagger is any good for me in pvp. From what i see most of you saying im not rilly losing anything is i do this other then the viger but i though dd had that too and was ment for the sword play? i gess this will take to testing but i gess here it goes.

If it was ment for the sword play it would have unlocked sword and not staff =D

I see were you are coming from Alatar but 3 of its traits were from the acrobatic and sowrd play of the core build of the game so in that i can see were you might miss inturprat that. The staff was added to thief becouse it was something that the thiefs wanted just like the riffle. I am just pointing out what I see as of right now.

Archived