Want to read/watch more information on GW lore

leunamsil.6742

Hi, i just started playing and i wanted to understand the lore and history of what happened before we create our character in GW2. The lore is really cool but i don't know any sites or youtube channels where i can learn what happened in GW1 and between GW1 and GW2. Anyone that can help by pointing a few good places where i can learn?

-pulls up an old post and copy/pastes-

Starting with the wiki:

In regards to background lore, some links:

DO NOTE: A lot of GW1 gets retconned under the guise of unreliable narrators (intentional or unintentional lies, document alteration over years of re-transcribing, etc. etc.) so what you read on GWW, which is written from the perspective of GW1 and not both games, may be contradicted by what you read on GW2W, which is written from the perspective of GW2 with GW1 knowledge. When this happens: take GW2W over GWW.

Summaries that I'd recommend outside the above:

EDIT: The Abridged Version, for people too lazy to dig and just want "the essentials:"

@"leunamsil.6742" said:Tyvm for all the information. Sorry if its a repeated question =/. Seems i have a lot to read =)Ty Ugrakarma and castigator also, for the complementary stuff =)No problem. If you want more ingame information, you can hang around your respective race's starting area and if you prefer to read a novel, there are three GW2 novels:Sea of Sorrows, Edge of Destiny and Ghosts of Ascalon. The first one tells the story of Cobiah Marriner, who shaped Lion's Arch into the free city. Edge of Destiny deals with the adventures of a famous guild, that set out to defeat the elder dragons and Ghosts of Ascalon is centered around the adventurer Dougal Keane, who is tasked to retrieve a lost artifact.And if all these events get confusing, it helps to put them onto a timeline, which is exactly what this community did:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Timeline (Spoilers, I guess?)

Archived