Who are the Minions ?

sinsrock.1702

So im curious, What are the minions ? like who are they, they are animated dead right ? , I mean I could see making an assumption that the large minion could be possibly a charr? but the little minions don't really look like anything that you see in the game, even the minions in GW1 don't really look like anything but that's more understandable because supposedly Verata has completed his goal of actually creating the perfect minion " since they no longer decay like in gw1" so that could be why minions in GW1 are weird they where not fully completed or created incompletely xD I know this is a weird question but I used to LOVE MM back in the days :D anyways hope someone has fun answering this !

[Minions are magical servants created from the remains of our enemies and, sadly, at times our friends. Summoning a minion "exploits" the corpse, in essence using it up.](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Minion "Minions are magical servants created from the remains of our enemies and, sadly, at times our friends. Summoning a minion "exploits" the corpse, in essence using it up.")

Compared to GW1 two things have changed:

1. Minions no longer rot
  2. Creating a minion does not require a corpse

I still think minions are rearranged meat and bones from whatever corpses the necromancer happens to find. Be it a dead foe, a wild animal or someone who was just unfortunate enough to die in that place. It's just that lore and game mechanic don't see eye-to-eye because GW2 doesn't have any corpses.

Or maybe in GW2 necromancers started carrying a bunch of meat and bones around in case they need to make some minions? In that case it was likely taken from some cattle. Fresh from the butcher. Oh god, I'm imagining a necromancer walking into a butcher's shop: "I'd like 2 Bone Minions and a Blood Fiend." "Anything else? We got Flesh Wurms at 50% off."

@Castigator.3470 said:Trahearne mentioned on Claw Island that a necromancer's minion cannot be risen, as it hasn't been a creature to begin with. So in theory a necromancer could animate a steak and make it creep from your plate onto his. I don't know if minions are edible, though.Thats why all necromancers make perfect fast food chefs.

Well, at least minions are less deadlier than McDonalds.

@"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:[Minions are magical servants created from the remains of our enemies and, sadly, at times our friends. Summoning a minion "exploits" the corpse, in essence using it up.](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Minion "Minions are magical servants created from the remains of our enemies and, sadly, at times our friends. Summoning a minion "exploits" the corpse, in essence using it up.")

1. Minions no longer rot

I still think minions are rearranged meat and bones from whatever corpses the necromancer happens to find. Be it a dead foe, a wild animal or someone who was just unfortunate enough to die in that place. It's just that lore and game mechanic don't see eye-to-eye because GW2 doesn't have any corpses.

Or maybe in GW2 necromancers started carrying a bunch of meat and bones around in case they need to make some minions? In that case it was likely taken from some cattle. Fresh from the butcher. Oh god, I'm imagining a necromancer walking into a butcher's shop: "I'd like 2 Bone Minions and a Blood Fiend." "Anything else? We got Flesh Wurms at 50% off."

I would love to see he minions from gw1 to come back they should make an elite spec focused around MM, I mean its one of the most iconic things from GW1 they did it so wrong in gw2 xD + they should bring back verata and at least tell his Tale at least let us know if when we kill him in the side quest in the Kryta area is cannon or not :p also bring back monk/ assassin please thief is garbo xD

@sinsrock.1702 said:

@"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:[Minions are magical servants created from the remains of our enemies and, sadly, at times our friends. Summoning a minion "exploits" the corpse, in essence using it up.](
"Minions are magical servants created from the remains of our enemies and, sadly, at times our friends. Summoning a minion "exploits" the corpse, in essence using it up.")

1. Minions no longer rot

I would love to see he minions from gw1 to come back they should make an elite spec focused around MM.

or better yet,make core minions better

@"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:Oh god, I'm imagining a necromancer walking into a butcher's shop: "I'd like 2 Bone Minions and a Blood Fiend." "Anything else? We got Flesh Wurms at 50% off."

"No, the last time you sold me a minion half off, it was missing half its body! Bone Fiends don't work without legs! They're not Blood Fiends, they don't float!"

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:Oh god, I'm imagining a necromancer walking into a butcher's shop: "I'd like 2 Bone Minions and a Blood Fiend." "Anything else? We got Flesh Wurms at 50% off."

"No, the last time you sold me a minion half off, it was missing half its body! Bone Fiends don't work without legs! They're not Blood Fiends,
they don't float!
"

i thought they all floated down there

Archived