Missing Hero Points

My husband and I were in Crystal Oasis and did the 3 repeatable Hero Point challenges and received NO points. Neither of us did. We got the chests that pop up after the "event", but no hero points were awarded. We haven't done them in a few days so it's not an instance of them already being awarded.

Thank you for your reply Katereyn, but the repeatables keep giving you hero points. The only thing I can think of is either its broken because of the patch or the patch specifically changed them. I've done them a few times and got the hero points, that's why some of them have the infinity icon under them and some don't.

According to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_challenge"Icons with the infinite symbol in the bottom right corner can be repeated - these are usually combat hero challenges."That doesn't say that the repeat WON'T give Hero Points. As I stated before, I have done them a few times and was awarded Hero Points BOTH times, apart from yesterday, where after completing them I received nothing. If the intention of the devs was to make the HP only be given ONCE, it would either say that on the wiki or they would make it NOT repeatable like some of them are. EX: The commune HP are a 1 time effect. There's literally no point in repeating them if they aren't going to award HP. But like I stated, I have gotten them multiple times, except for yesterday.

Would be nice to get a response from Arena Net on this.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:They do not award more than 1 (or 10 at once in expansion maps) Hero Point(s).https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_point (If they rewarded more than 10 [at once] HP, there would not be a max available from each region.)

Agreed, we never collect more than 10 HP (first time) from the repeatables.

2+ times just gives decent rewards, plus they count as events during region event dailies.

@"Delvianna.8205" said:According to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_challenge"Icons with the infinite symbol in the bottom right corner can be repeated - these are usually combat hero challenges."That doesn't say that the repeat WON'T give Hero Points. As I stated before, I have done them a few times and was awarded Hero Points BOTH times, apart from yesterday, where after completing them I received nothing. If the intention of the devs was to make the HP only be given ONCE, it would either say that on the wiki or they would make it NOT repeatable like some of them are. EX: The commune HP are a 1 time effect. There's literally no point in repeating them if they aren't going to award HP. But like I stated, I have gotten them multiple times, except for yesterday.

Would be nice to get a response from Arena Net on this.

They added it as insentive to get people to help others with champion hero points when hot launched even if they had already done them.No you havent got hero points from a single point twice mate.

It does state that on the Wiki. The linked page shows how many Hero Points are possible from each Region. If you could get more than 1 point or set of points, there would not be a maximum amount of Hero Points possible.

If you desire a response from ArenaNet, feel free to create a Support Ticket ('Support' link above/below).

Good luck.

Archived