Full Trailblazer condi weaver?

InsaneQR.7412

Has anyone tried this build on weaver?

http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFUQJAsYnMIC94iNOA+NAM5iFDA7+Unqn1DpgZQPIIAkJPAA-jFSTAB7q+zoKBBY/BDPBArqHYTzfF+AAWW5HA-w

I made it just full exotic. But i looked with the editor how high the stats can go with ascended. It seems it can go over 3000 condi dmg with foods and all infusions.Has anyone tested this in high end gear?

Yes it was my first build when PoF started, except with the signet of fire in addition to the signet of earth. Bring the healing signet as well since you have the signet trait in earth. Also you're missing primordial stance which is absolutely amazing in fire/earth dual attune. The build can crank out conditions but is lacking in condi-clear and sustain. The barrier on dodge is really weak and is not even noticeable.

I'm running with water/arcane on Weaver in order to get the boons (regen on water and protection on earth really help). Water also grants a decent heal on water attune which is a big deal. Water of course grants the condi cleans ele really needs. I also bring arcane barrier and the earth stance.

Even with signet if fire, there isnt much to crit so i wonder if you use infusions/jewels and or runes for some precision.

The utilities are actually pretty flexible. Signet of earth is a must IMO though because of the increased toughness and thus increased condi dmg.I just needed a stunbreak and put cleansing flame into the mix for some additional cleanse.I did the calculations and the condi dmg is over 4000 with ascended gear and the elite stance active with fire and earth buffed

Trailblazer (it's not called Wayfarer in english, at least not the stat combination in the build you linked to) is one of the more popular stat combinations for wvw on condi builds. Wayfarer is not currently available ingame.

Not really useful in fractals or raids due to damage loss from having toughness and vitality. You're better off using Vipers and Sinister/Grieving for pve.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Trailblazer (it's not called Wayfarer in english, at least not the stat combination in the build you linked to) is one of the more popular stat combinations for wvw on condi builds. Wayfarer is not currently available ingame.

Not really useful in fractals or raids due to damage loss from having toughness and vitality. You're better off using Vipers and Sinister/Grieving for pve.

Oh my bad i translated directly from german^^'Its mainly for soloing chanps and open PvE. Maybe some WvW.

@Wolfric.9380 said:I am not a fan of full trailbalzer. And i am also not shure sword is the best choice. High armour usually dosn't pay off. I would mainly go viper. I pesonaly prefer viper with celestial trinkets in open world and WvW. It´s not raid optimised but i don´t care that.

I am asking mainly because i wanted to know how high the dmg can go and if someone benchmarked it. In theory it looks pretty solid with good vitality, toughness, huge condi dmg and good condi duration. I am not an ele main and more survivability helps i think.The sword and dagger is just for playstyle not for numbers. I like the mobility and the fire earth dual skills.

Is that for PvE or PvP or roaming in WvW ?Cause if it's for PvE, there is a lot you can remove for extra damagesIf it's for PvP or Wvw roaming, you'll feel the lack of clean and heal from the Water line (yeah yeah, it's still a powerfull line you don't want to miss), and the lack of breakstun against SB or [insert thing that cc a lot here]...

I tried the condi fire/earth build, and it's not good enough imo.I'm curently trying LR Sword/dagger, and oh god it's cool to play, kinda wish we had a bit less cast time, but the combo LR + Superior Element is so cool and the damage is okay (once again, imo)I feel like I found a balance for my weaver (and since it's a power build, I won't post it ! :p ), hope you'll find yours !

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Wolfric.9380 said:I am not a fan of full trailbalzer. And i am also not shure sword is the best choice. High armour usually dosn't pay off. I would mainly go viper. I pesonaly prefer viper with celestial trinkets in open world and WvW. It´s not raid optimised but i don´t care that.

I am asking mainly because i wanted to know how high the dmg can go and if someone benchmarked it. In theory it looks pretty solid with good vitality, toughness, huge condi dmg and good condi duration. I am not an ele main and more survivability helps i think.The sword and dagger is just for playstyle not for numbers. I like the mobility and the fire earth dual skills.

For a beginner ele this is quite fine. I played a lot earth/fire/x. But when you learn ele, maybe tried arcane you propably have more fun going more offensive/balanced then bunkering. Especially in WvW ele is good as hybrid. I never did DPS benchmarking. What realy matters for me is how it performs against humans not dummies or mobs.

@Wolfric.9380 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

For a beginner ele this is quite fine. I played a lot earth/fire/x. But when you learn ele, maybe tried arcane you propably have more fun going more offensive/balanced then bunkering. Especially in WvW ele is good as hybrid. I never did DPS benchmarking. What realy matters for me is how it performs against humans not dummies or mobs.

For now i try a equal mix of soldier and carrion until i have enough cash for trailblazer. With my Auramancer build i actually use water, arcane and tempest with staff. Good support build especially when PvEing as a Duo. For weaver i looked into arcane but i like the fire earth semi-offensive gameplay.

Full Trailblazer will offer exceptional survival and good damage. It'll be great for non-raid PvE and for all WvW. Signet of Fire is a must - the precision is largely meaningless, but the burn damage is insane on condi builds. I also recommend Primordial Stance. Nothing wrong with Signet of Earth (decent bleeds, a little extra toughness).

@mygamingid.5816 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Weaver gets a lot from healing power for tanklyness other things like armor not so much. I think cele will out preform trailblazer at all levels.

(Edited for tone) the condi duration and increased condi damage put it way over Cele, plus it has a lot more toughness.

Healing power and vit is a bit more important in game types where your realty going to get hit (wvw) due to condis being the main dmg type. Toughness just not as useful your way better off getting blunt dmg -% taken for physical dmg.

Vitality is equal between the two sets, right? Healing skills scale terribly (has to be a way to fix this?), so you'd need to focus on it to get appreciable benefits. Any healing power is better than no healing power, but not by as much as the difference between Trailblazer Condi & Expertise vs. Celestial's Condi. If you're looking for Auramancer, there are a lot of other builds to go with, but Trailblazer is more of a condi & sustain set than a sustain & sustain some more set.

As much as I love Celestial, it's really a "master of nothing" set and the result is you're generally just mediocre. I think you'd be best off with a combination of:

• Dire Armor
  • Trailblazer Trinkets

You get a respectable amount of Expertise. If you have the Bloodstone back/amulet/rings then you can switch to Trailblazer for almost no cost. The accessories require effort unfortunately. With decent runes + sigil of corruption + food/utility, you can push 2000 condi damage.

I'm not sure we can spam condi's as easy as a Scourge in the same gear though. Seriously, condi-Scourge in WvW is easy-mode.

@juno.1840 said:As much as I love Celestial, it's really a "master of nothing" set and the result is you're generally just mediocre. I think you'd be best off with a combination of:

• Dire Armor
  • Trailblazer Trinkets

You get a respectable amount of Expertise. If you have the Bloodstone back/amulet/rings then you can switch to Trailblazer for almost no cost. The accessories require effort unfortunately. With decent runes + sigil of corruption + food/utility, you can push 2000 condi damage.

I'm not sure we can spam condi's as easy as a Scourge in the same gear though. Seriously, condi-Scourge in WvW is easy-mode.

Some farming for trinkets in LS3 maps isnt that bad. At least it sounds cheaper than full trailblazer. I am going to give it a look.

@mygamingid.5816 said:Vitality is equal between the two sets, right? Healing skills scale terribly (has to be a way to fix this?), so you'd need to focus on it to get appreciable benefits. Any healing power is better than no healing power, but not by as much as the difference between Trailblazer Condi & Expertise vs. Celestial's Condi. If you're looking for Auramancer, there are a lot of other builds to go with, but Trailblazer is more of a condi & sustain set than a sustain & sustain some more set.

Yeah i didnt aim for a sustain-sustain set. I am looking for a frontline condi set for solo PvE and some roaming maybe. It looks very promising dmg wise and you have decent armor and vitality. I dont wanna go cele. Its not bad but its a jack of all trades and master of none.

Something like this as a starting point: simple condi elementalist

You can use mainhand dagger or scepter or whatever. It doesn't require weaver or tempest, although you can use those if you want. For example, replace water with weaver and pick up the condi damage trait along with the barrier GM trait for some defense. In other words the build is just a starting point, customize it however you want.

Personally I like the condi builds at the moment because they offer good defense against both power (high armor) and condi (high health pool). The condi damage bypasses armor and works while kiting (DoTs continue to tick).

I a quite fine with this gear setup.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnUMA9XiVYCOOAcYiFBALIAEKPAut2XbudIIsDSiA-jVCGQB6TtCpoMDd7PoO9AKUphxeAAA4EAoHlgKSVl1BHAn1sA4CLswCLsgBM7CLM7CLkbu5ugUA2tsC-w

A variant is to use geomancers training in earth with sweet bean bun. So trading damage for better condi defence. You shorten impeding condied by about 50% and get CD reduction in earth + -20% overal condi reduction.

i play what i posted but often use arcane (1/2/1) instead of fire for WvW roaming. It has permaswiftness but you need to use skills a bit for it. A lot of things s a matter of tase. Sigils can be changed as well as some tweaks in utilities e.g. using arcane skills and traiting them is a nice variant but then i miss my evasive arcana....I don´t have much weaver experience. It looks like my build/playstyle fits it but it felt strange when i played a bit during the test windows.

@Kallark.2543 said:So what kind of build and rotation would you recommend for PvE world roaming?? I'm going to have to craft trailblazers armor so I'll get there eventually.

I'm not convinced full trailblazers is best because you'll have too much toughness and not enough condition power. You actually lower DPS with Trailblazers over Dire. The "total" damage can be higher with Trailblazers due to the longer condition duration. With Dire the conditions do more damage per second, but don't last as long. There's a "sweet spot" somewhere between full Dire and full Trailblazers. It's also my opinion that your conditions will never run their full duration due to being cleared -- therefore you want them to do as much damager per-tick as possible.

Given the cost of Trailblazers I think your best off with a situation like this:

• Weapons: Trailblazer
  • Armor: Dire
  • Trinkets: Trailblazer

The cost in Maguuma Lilies for just one piece of armor or one weapon is over 50g. That's very expensive. You can buy a Dire insignia/inscription for slightly more than 1gp.

With food/utility buffs and certain Runes/Sigils, you can push your condition damage over 2000 which is getting the burn near 500 per stack per tick. I like Undead runes, Sigil of Smoldering (+20% burn duration), and Sigil of Corruption. With full corruption stacks I'm looking at over 2300 condi damage and my burn duration is roughly +70% (20 from sigil, 20 from fire trait, 30 from trailblazer trinkets/weps).

I run D/D condi with the fire trait-line to give myself might, increase burning duration, and reduce the cooldown of fire skills. With main-hand dagger, it means I can use Drakes Breath every 4s which applies a 7s burn for over 12k total damage. That's spammable fire application :). Dagger-3 and 4 in also apply burn when in fire attunement. The Signet of Fire applies 18k of burn over 10s and is on a 16s cooldown (with earth signet GM trait).

I tried to roll bleeds into the rotation by switching to earth attunement, but the bleeds just don't compare to the burns. So it's mostly a fire-camping build (which some players enjoy for the simplicity of it). The Signet of Earth applies bleed on a 20s cooldown (with earth signet GM trait).

Tempest is nice because the Fire Overload applies more burns and also generates a sick amount of Might stacks with the fire GM trait.

I think Scepter can be used instead of dagger for nearly the same effect, but a drastically different play style. If going Scepter I would use Focus offhand, but really that's just preference. Since I use Tempest, the Warhorn is also an option. D/Wh provides some nice healing in water attunement including a water-field-blast using Wh-5 followed by D-3. The good news is there are a lot of choices that are all good.

@juno.1840 said:

@Kallark.2543 said:So what kind of build and rotation would you recommend for PvE world roaming?? I'm going to have to craft trailblazers armor so I'll get there eventually.

I'm not convinced full trailblazers is best because you'll have too much toughness and not enough condition power. You actually lower DPS with Trailblazers over Dire. The "total" damage can be higher with Trailblazers due to the longer condition duration. With Dire the conditions do more damage per second, but don't last as long. There's a "sweet spot" somewhere between full Dire and full Trailblazers.

I love Dire as a bargain alternative. Dire offers slightly better burst, but much weaker base DPS. DPS is driven mostly by duration, which is a straight multiplier of condi damage in any fight where damage over time matters. Every second a fight goes beyond that intial stack’s duration favors additional condi duration. That’s not a lot of fights in Open World PvE, but when they happen, they matter.

If the only condis you care about are burns, then Dire is the better choice. You can get 100% duration with other items. Otherwise, you’ll want more Expertise and that means a set like Trailblazer. Or just have a bit less damage and save a ton of gold and time.

Archived