Boar Statue GH Deco (quite a let down)

Valandil.6453

I just finished making my annual Guild Hall decoration, and I have to say I'm rather disappointed with the lack of effort Anet put into creating this year's offering

Take a look at any of the other statues and they're bold, proud, sturdy and somewhat celebratory, like a statue should be. This looks like a dartboard with a gold pig's head stuck to it.

I guess my gripe here is Anet's lack of continuity with their statues - the past 4 years they've been relatively the same or comparable, and this just feels like a wasted effort. I believe the designers behind this could've done better but just didn't bother, which is a shame.

https://paste.pics/63818863651fe716edca068eb744a9d7

@Valandil Dragonhart.2371 said:I just finished making my annual Guild Hall decoration, and I have to say I'm rather disappointed with the lack of effort Anet put into creating this year's offering

Take a look at any of the other statues and they're bold, proud, sturdy and somewhat celebratory, like a statue should be. This looks like a dartboard with a gold pig's head stuck to it.

I guess my gripe here is Anet's lack of continuity with their statues - the past 4 years they've been relatively the same or comparable, and this just feels like a wasted effort.

Just your picture alone should show that continuity with the yearly Lunar new year decorations never was a thing because I see:

• no lantern, normal standard statue
  • lighted red Lantern on the statue with a bit of extra decoration/bamboo
  • uncoloured unlighted lantern with uncoloured standard
  • coloured unlighted lantern on coloured standard
  • lighted lanterns on wall-mounted head

And really, the first Lunar new year decorations are still better than the yearly statue, that differs in design year on year.

If we're talking about disappointment, to me its that there's only a new statue that goes with the animal. And even then, imo everything after the monkey was kind of meh.

Archived