(Spoilers Ep5) Is Steve dead already?

Omega.6801

Hi,In the last story instance of episode 5, the final battle against Kralk, after activating the last crystal when you "have his attention". Just before Kralk fires at our heroes shielded by Brahm, you see two short animations, left and right to his face. They both start as clouds, then "dragon shaped objects" appear and quickly dissapear again. The one on the right seems to be Zhaitan(according to the many wings and the skeletal body), the one to the left looks more like a snake/serpent.

I haven't seen anyone talk about it so I thought I'd ask here if anybody noticed or if anybody has an idea what or who the "dragon" to his left might be. Should these be the energies that Kralk has already absorbed, is this a hint that the deep sea dragon has already been destroyed somewhere off screen?

(I'd post a pic but since this board does no longer offer this feature and I'm not willing to sign in to an image plattform for the sole purpose of posting here this thread will have to do without)

Have a nice day. :)

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:I thought so too at the very first moment. Especially because the magic looks blue, not green at all to me.

Yeah it was a blueish green, probably to be more distinguished from Zhaitan. If I recall from the machine cinematic, Zhaitan was a green while Mordremoth was a lime green.

I believe that to be the case as well. I noticed it's the same hue as the blast created when Trahearne died. Problem with that color is that it's also the color Krait Oratuss glow, as well as the color of the ley line magic from the S1 finale. So it's not really distinctive of Mordremoth but magic in general.

It was likely chosen for the classic RGB feel. Balthazar = Red, Zhaitan = Green, so Mordremoth got (cyan)blue.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the movements of aquatic races displaced by the DSD, it awakened somewhere in the Unending Ocean north and west of the presently active GW2 map. Of course, most of the Elder Dragons can move; Kralk, Primordus, and Jormag have all moved since awakening, and the first two in particular have covered a lot of distance. So if the DSD wanted to move, it probably could. Where would it move? How about toward Cantha, where the Jade Sea is loosening up and no doubt there's plenty of magic coming free to devour...

Archived